Fucking gold medals.

DROGTURIST

The only reason I mentioned them was because they keep your multiplier up. The problem I faced on the Cloud when not smashing the barrels was that when I went to the teleporter, my AI partners would hold back to destroy them and do it at a very slow pace.

So with them doing that, I was just waiting there for them while my x5/6 multiplier was doing down by the second while they took their time breaking the barrels.

So grabbing the gold flowers or destroying the fences, barrels or presents etc is really helpful in keeping you multiplier up while you make your way to the next section of enemies.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought I read the method on this board somewhere, but I couldn't find it to come praise it, so I'll just state it here, but this is an ironclad way to hit all gold medals on single player.

*Reset your characters. Not your levels, just your characters.

*Suffer through the Dark Credits once to unlock Jack of Spades.

*Do not unlock any abilities for anyone on the game board that isn't Jack of Spades. Have Hammer unlock her secret character when possible. (Can't remember his name), then run with that guy, Garth, and Reaver.

Once you have all the outer tiles done for Jack, you can just crush the gold numbers for each level, and since the other people aren't leveled, they don't get in the way too much, and they're all ranged, so they don't get mired in your coins.

I had no problem whatsoever with any of the levels, and 2/3 of them I didn't have the magnet nor extra multiplier. Of course, when I did, super easy.

Start > Left > Left > Right > Right > Right > Right > Centre

Here's what you'll encounter and what else you can do;

Start: 3 Gold Flowers

Left: Fences, 2 Gold Flowers, Chest, 2x Tiny Balverines Waves and Barrels

Left: 2x Hollow Hobbes Waves, Barrels and Chest

Right: 2x Hobbes Waves, Presents and Chest

Right: Chest, 2x Tiny Guardians Waves and Barrels

Right: Gold Flower., Chest, 2x Tiny Mechs Waves, 1x Mech Wave, 1x Large Mech Wave and Crates

Right: 1x Guardians Wave, Vases Chest and Gold Flower

Centre: Gold Flower, Infinite Chests and Final Fight.

Got me my final gold...thanks! Good strategy :)

• 2 months later...

It's hard to tell the diff between gold, silver, etc medals in dark Albion. I've seen some people say to write down what levels you got gold on but you could just check your leaderboard to see your highest gold score on each level. I'm sure most of you already knew that, but I thought it might be worth mentioning. :)

Also, I think the Cloud level is a pain in the arse. Has anyone confirmed if always taking the right hand cullisgate is the best method (seen a lot of other posts on that too)?

• 2 years later...

Biggest things I found that really help for gold:

Obviously, maxing out your character to raise the max multiplier and the gold bonus. The extra damage you do is also important, as is speed. You not only get gold from picking up what enemies drop, but attacking and harming enemies also gives you gold, multiplied by the multiplier. The quicker you can kill and prevent your AI 'buddies' from harming enemies, the more gold you're given. I think this is one thing people may be missing; they may boost all the puppets to max, which then do more damage, which then take away from the gold you could be earning yourself.

On the above note, running into a group of enemies and using your area attack will generally give you a lot of gold, especially if you kill several. The more you kill, the bigger the boost to your multiplier, as well.

Keep up the multiplier. Multiplier bar only rises when you kill an enemy. This is why the Area Attack is quite useful. If you don't land the killing blow, you don't get the benefit. Also, I *think* that the bar stabilizes only when you do something that gives gold. Shooting a fence that gives a heart doesn't seem to reset the timer, but other things like the Coin Cloud or running over a Gold Flower, which both drop coins, seems to stop it. The Cloud also works for all players, as well.

Perks. The best two are +1x and the coin magnet. However, +speed and +damage are also great, as well as the larger Area Attack effect. They allow you to fight faster and do more damage, thus claiming a larger share of the enemy harm/kill bounty even before gold drops from the corpses.

Others may have some other ideas, but you've got to keep your multiplier up, keep it steady, grab gold where you can, and do your darndest to kill off enemies faster than your partners.