Achievement Guide (In Progress)

RockBanditPhil

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just completed the 4 seasons in RTG using the Notre Dame HB method and only received "campus legend" and "head and shoulders above"

To Adiains: did you max out your players stats to 99?

EDIT: I thought you put RB not RE.....trying RE right now

Edited by IONz

I just completed the 4 seasons in RTG using the Notre Dame HB method and only received "campus legend" and "head and shoulders above"

To Adiains: did you max out your players stats to 99?

EDIT: I thought you put RB not RE.....trying RE right now

Yep, RE, for Right End, defense. It's easy if you pick Notre Dame since there are only 3 teams in that conference, and Army & Navy aren't real competitors.

I might be doing something wrong here, but when I sim in RTG, I only get 40 points or so a season, not close to 200. Is there something I'm missing?

Are you maxing out his stats to 99? Don't just make him a 99 overall, maximize his defensive stats instead of say Throwing Power or Spectacular Catch. I had around 200 at the end of the first season, around 600 at the end of the second and I think 900 or so at the end of the third. You don't have to go week to week and win all the games, just go to week 15 and sim all of them at the same time. One thing I don't like this year is that your stats don't update after simming after every week like previous years. It waits until the simming is done then tallies everything. Not an improvement.

Yeah I maxed out his stats that were needed for him to be great, I sim a game and he has 0 tackles. I must need to change the Depth Chart before going into RTG. Does difficulty affect the points accumulated? Its annoying that I'm getting 40 points a season, but you're getting 200+...

I had the difficulty on Freshman. The only time I changed it was when I did a Dynasty game to go for the Heisman difficulty win achievement. All others I have gotten on Freshman.

Yea, maybe change the depth chart. I edited the better/first RE anyway; maybe you did the other one. That's a possibility. Also, turn fatigue off. That way he doesn't get tired and get subbed out. I also had offsides off, but I don't think that has anything to do with the game if you are simming.

You can Super sim once you have completed the stats for the Offensive ones (Air Raid, Option Offense) also Super Sim Alabama vs. Buffalo Bulls 12 minutes Heisman and if they win by more than 35, (I won 92-0) you will unlock it

Thanks for this. Supersimming saves alot of time.

A suggestion maybe...

It might be helpful, for the in-game achievements with certain offenses, to put in the guide maybe 2 or 3 teams that use that particular offense. From what I gathered while playing, you can't choose the offense of a team, and your guide might be misleading saying "Choose any team you feel comfortable using and set the Offense to xx offense." Unless someone knows how to change the offense to whatever you want. I was basically playing Dynasty games, and I know it can't be chosen there. Maybe in Play Now?

Yes, it can be changed in Play Now.

Just did a simmed RTG and ended my career with 680 points. I think it's completely random, my sophomore season we didn't make a bowl game... Super frustrating.

It might be easier if you just do it the hard way and play through 2 seasons. I would try that if you can't get it in a few more tries. It does take a while, but its guaranteed to work.

Just did a simmed RTG and ended my career with 680 points. I think it's completely random, my sophomore season we didn't make a bowl game... Super frustrating.

Maybe try week to week then, as in saving if you win and reloading if you lose. Guaranteed bowl game, and you might get more points. It'll take a lot longer, though. It's funny, last year's achievements were the same, and they unlocked for me with no problem last year as well. I would have figured that these were gimme achievements with no work involved.

By the way, I have a little info on Setup Shop in the Big 3. Do not buy the choose Extra Pipeline State Time Saver for it. It DOES NOT work. Boise State already has 2 of the states, California and Texas, as pipelines. I got the Time Saver and added New York. Nothing. I guess that explains the NEW pipelines in the achievement description.

I'm down to 3 achievements: Program Changer, Setup Shop In the Big 3, and Crash the Party. Program Changer and Setup Shop look like they will be the hardest 2 in the game. Anyone have insight or tips on those?

ditto program changer and setup shop big 3. It seems that a certain recruiting strategy is needed to unlock these. Hopefully it doesn't take long to figure out.........

Program Changer25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngSign a 5-star QB or HB with a 2-star prestige school in a single team Dynasty (no ATH).

This was by far the HARDEST achievement in the game for me. It takes a lot of patience, so be ready to get very frustrated. Here is the method I used: I started up a Dynasty on Freshman with Freshman recruiting also. I also set it on 1 minute quarters. I found a recruit that had his favorite school as TCU. So I went in an spent 60 minutes on him every week. I offered him a scholarship in week 2. Since TCU isn't a premiere school like Alabama, I could compare pitches and downplay many qualities of TCU. Such as Conference Prestige and Early Playing Time. I did all 3 promises for him. I did guarantee Freshman All-American, guarantee Conference Championship, and one of the others I don't remember. I scheduled a visit Week 10 against the Florida Gators. Around Week 8-9, he became soft to TCU so I thought it was over. All the previous times, the soft commits had ended up committing to that school. I played the visit game against Florida and won 28-0. After I advanced to the week, *pop* Achievement Unlocked. =D

If anyone has a better method, I would definitely appreciate it.

What 2-star school did you use for your dynasty? TCU? Because when you say that the recruit "became soft to TCU so I thought it was over," I take that as you didn't use TCU.

EDIT: This from PS3T.org:

"Program Changer - Sign a 5-star QB or HB with a 2-star prestige school in a single team Dynasty (no ATH).

Create a team using team builder. Make them 2 star and all there pitches A+. It will give you an option to create a prospect so do that. Make sure he is from the town your team plays in. Every week call him for 60 minutes giving him good pitches. When you feel he is starting to like your team, offer him a scholarship."

I would guess this would work if you create a team not in a state that has another prestigious school, like Texas, Penn, Florida, etc... Maybe a midwest state?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

"Mix It Up" cheevo is glitched I think. I rushed for 127 yards and got the "Air Raid" cheevo instead.

How many points did you score in that game? "Air Raid" requires you to score 35+ points in a game using the Air Raid offense. Also, did you use the same HB for all those 127 yards? I know it doesn't say to use the same HB, but that might be it, also.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1427/-2Uy-w==.jpgCampus Legend15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngIn Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your team's All-Time leaderboard.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1427/-2Uy-w==.jpgHead and Shoulders Above15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngIn Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your conference's All-Time leaderboard.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1427/-2Uy-w==.jpgGreatness90 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngIn Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on the NCAA All-Time leaderboard.

You can get those 3 achievements in 3 games. Pick a RE, turn all the penalty off in the house rules, before the snap stand right next the QB and try to sack him. You can get between 15-20 sacks a game you need around 50 sack to earn the top spot in the leaderboard. I got it in 3 games my stats were 77 tackles and 52 sacks.

You can also get High School Champ, Blue Chip, Earned Your PT with this technic

Edited by goothgone

Setup Shop In the Big 3 - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngIn a single team Dynasty, develop new pipelines in Texas, California, and Florida.

Ok, I got this achievement by purchasing the Extra Pipeline State Time Saver. I do not want to sound like I am talking you into paying 160 points for an achievement. Just wanted to let everyone know that it will work.

Non-Time Saver method: ? [Would appreciate any suggestions]

Time Saver method: Purchase the Extra Pipeline State Time Saver. Set up a new Dynasty with Vanderbilt. Yes, I said Vanderbilt haha. Vanderbilt already has Texas and Florida as pipeline states, so all you have to do is add California with the Extra Pipeline and there is your achievement.

From PS3T.org:

"Pick a team that is not from Texas, California, or Florida. I picked Notre Dame as they already have California and Florida as pipeline states. You can spend $2.00 on the PSN store and buy a new pipeline team. That way you just pick Texas and trophy unlock with out much work. If you don't want to do that just focus on signing recruits from Texas."

Would this work? I haven't tried it yet.