Don't buy this game

Don't buy this scam of game, it has a glitch which causes you to not be able to play the updated game. It'll restart your game in gold mode and you won't be able to play online with other players.

Currently the only way to play the updated version of the game is using a work around which doesn't work. Don't waste your money on this or any other Monolith products ever.

Also the glitch and inability to play has been going on for 2+ months, they aren't going to fix the problem, and instead are focused on milking DLC guardians.

Save your money for another game, any other game, and remember never buy another Monolith product again.

Don't buy this scam of game, it has a glitch which causes you to not be able to play the updated game. It'll restart your game in gold mode and you won't be able to play online with other players.

Currently the only way to play the updated version of the game is using a work around which doesn't work. Don't waste your money on this or any other Monolith products ever.

Also the glitch and inability to play has been going on for 2+ months, they aren't going to fix the problem, and instead are focused on milking DLC guardians.

Save your money for another game, any other game, and remember never buy another Monolith product again.

Do buy this game.

Don't listen to people that can't be bothered working around the problems.

Yes, there has been many, many problems, and the current one is a pain, but there are multiple workarounds to the current one, and by the sounds of it, OP has only tried one of them.

This is an amazing game when it does work, the pvp and satisfaction of winning is greater than any of your CoDs and Halos, because you build up your Guardian how you want to play him and then are rewarded when it all goes well by the satisfaction of the fact that it is you that made the character build that way.

-------------------------------------------

If you do buy it at the current state it is in, to completely avoid the DLC problems at first, don't get any DLC until it is fixed.

If you do buy it and you would also like to buy DLC - which, by the way, is worth it, the DLC characters are pretty fun - the best workaround I have found is this: (this is also what I use)

Install this game onto a memory stick, along with all compatibility packs and DLC guardians.

When you load up the game, select HARD DRIVE for your initial storage device, skip the tutorials, adjust the screen, then go to settings>select storage device

This reloads the game

Now select MEMORY STICK at the storage device option and the game will work, you have my honest word on that.

-------------------------------------------

This gets around the DLC problem without requiring to remove dlc characters and reinstalling them every time you play, and I use it every time and it has worked 100% of the time for me.

LoL, do you not see you just helped my case, you said in order to play the game you need to use workarounds. What game do you pay 30 dollars for and need to use a work around to play it correctly. Also the work around idea would be fine, if it was a week or two of a broken game, this is going on 3 months now. It's obvious they aren't going to fix the problem, I doubt they are capable of fixing the problem. Any good developers they have are working on whatever their next project is.

This development team is a joke, instead of fixing problems they want to push out more DLC, instead of having good customer service and making customers happy, they just ban anyone from their website who dares to post even the slightest bit of negative.

Don't buy this game if you enjoy starting up a game and having it work 100% of the time, don't buy this game if you think developers should care about their consumer base, atleast enough to fix a problem that has been present almost three months now, has seen patches come and go with no fix to the glitch.

Buy this game if you enjoy getting constant disconnections due to dash boarder with no host migration to be seen, buy this game if you enjoy random disconnects just because, buy this game if you enjoy lag, buy this game if you enjoy unbalanced paid DLC characters, buy this game if you have 30 dollars that you want to waste. I guess you should buy this game if you were planning on setting 30 dollars on fire... I suppose it's better than that.

The game would be fun, if it wasn't for this horrible development team running it, so IMO save your 30 dollars and buy something else that is actually working. You can tell the product is a totally dud if MS is willing to give you a refund for buying it...

Edited by Beastmaster

If you do buy it at the current state it is in, to completely avoid the DLC problems at first, don't get any DLC until it is fixed.

If you do buy it and you would also like to buy DLC - which, by the way, is worth it, the DLC characters are pretty fun - the best workaround I have found is this: (this is also what I use)

then why buy it at all until it is fixed?

LoL, do you not see you just helped my case, you said in order to play the game you need to use workarounds. What game do you pay 30 dollars for and need to use a work around to play it correctly. Also the work around idea would be fine, if it was a week or two of a broken game, this is going on 3 months now. It's obvious they aren't going to fix the problem, I doubt they are capable of fixing the problem. Any good developers they have are working on whatever their next project is.

This development team is a joke, instead of fixing problems they want to push out more DLC, instead of having good customer service and making customers happy, they just ban anyone from their website who dares to post even the slightest bit of negative.

Don't buy this game if you enjoy starting up a game and having it work 100% of the time, don't buy this game if you think developers should care about their consumer base, atleast enough to fix a problem that has been present almost three months now, has seen patches come and go with no fix to the glitch.

Buy this game if you enjoy getting constant disconnections due to dash boarder with no host migration to be seen, buy this game if you enjoy random disconnects just because, buy this game if you enjoy lag, buy this game if you enjoy unbalanced paid DLC characters, buy this game if you have 30 dollars that you want to waste. I guess you should buy this game if you were planning on setting 30 dollars on fire... I suppose it's better than that.

The game would be fun, if it wasn't for this horrible development team running it, so IMO save your 30 dollars and buy something else that is actually working. You can tell the product is a totally dud if MS is willing to give you a refund for buying it...

30 dollars? Why did you buy the season pass then if you hated it that much...

The game DOES WORK.

Protip - uninstall all your dlc if you don't think they're any good and just play without them...

Protip 2 - all guardians are easily counter-able by all guardians, it just takes that extra bit of knowledge and skill

They aren't a horible team, they are just not a big company that can get things done fast

Every game has their dashboarders and early quitters, it's a part of life now on xbox live

then why buy it at all until it is fixed?

Because it is still playable, just because you have to do a workaround that takes all of 30 seconds doesn't make it unplayable, the game has come a long way from the state it was in at release.

You also don't need to download the DLC, sure you get cool new characters, but it is not needed to play the game, and that completely stops you from getting the problem at all.

And like I said, if you do download the dlc it takes all of 30 seconds to work around the corruption problem.

"30 dollars? Why did you buy the season pass then if you hated it that much...

The game DOES WORK."

I bought the game and the season pass when the game actually worked, before they broke it beyond repair, then sat on their hands for 3 months not fixing it. I'm not even complaining about the lack of host migration, the lag, or the almost constant disconnections you'll face over and over again. The broken DLC characters, like Snaga, Bilbo and Frodo being completely unbalanced and running wild like maniacs.

"Protip - uninstall all your dlc if you don't think they're any good and just play without them...

Protip 2 - all guardians are easily counter-able by all guardians, it just takes that extra bit of knowledge and skill"

I tried all their fixes, I was on the phone with techs from Microsoft who had me walk through all the steps, 3 times, and I did it numerous times on my own. None of them got my game with my season pass working. Thankfully MS gave me a refund and let me put this garbage game to rest.

why should I have to uninstall all the DLC I Paid for to play a game I paid for. No other game on Xbox forces me to delete all my DLC just to play the game. Do you not realize people don't want to use a work around to play. Why can't I just hit ok, download the patches and play. Why do I need to delete this, delete that, do this, do that just to play the game. Maybe if the Development crew from monolith wasn't a group of first year college students this issue wouldn't' exist. Like I already said, this wouldn't' be an issue if it was a very minor thing that they fixed in a week or two, this is going on three months.

It's pretty obvious the issue came from the 3rd compatibility pack, why didn't they pull back that pack, revert the game back to the second patches state, figure out what the issue was, then re-release it when it was fixed. Why? Because they were hocking survival mode and a DLC character which they didn't want to pull back.

"They aren't a horible team, they are just not a big company that can get things done fast"

Laughable, they are bankrolled by WB, I'm curious if WB even realizes this team is ruining their name by botching every single product they bring to market. Gotham City Imposters was their other release, which they have long since abandoned after not fixing any of the issues people had. I foresee a similar fate for this game.

"Every game has their dashboarders and early quitters, it's a part of life now on xbox live"

LOL, but every other game has some form of host migration, this game has none, if the host, leaves or dashboards everyone in the game gets booted out. That's call sloppy programming, host migration is essential in a game like this one.

You act like you work for monolith or something, if you do, you think you could ask them if the Attack speed glitch or the gold mode glitch are fixed yet? No wait, no need to ask them, it's only been three months and finally now they are testing something they think, maybe, might, fix the problem. It just requires more testing.

Apparently the test monkeys they use to playtest their patches had a vet appointment the past two months and was unable to help them out.

Edited by Beastmaster

I bought the game and the season pass when the game actually worked, before they broke it beyond repair, then sat on their hands for 3 months not fixing it. I'm not even complaining about the lack of host migration, the lag, or the almost constant disconnections you'll face over and over again. The broken DLC characters, like Snaga, Bilbo and Frodo being completely unbalanced and running wild like maniacs.

Monolith themselves have said they are working on it.

All strikers are "unbalanced" in the sense they can 3 hit an unskilled person, I mainly go strikers, and I don't cry when i get killed by a striker, it's what they do, but they are incredibly easy to kill due to their low health, l2p issue.

I tried all their fixes, I was on the phone with techs from Microsoft who had me walk through all the steps, 3 times, and I did it numerous times on my own. None of them got my game with my season pass working. Thankfully MS gave me a refund and let me put this garbage game to rest.

Did you try the method I mentioned?

why should I have to uninstall all the DLC I Paid for to play a game I paid for. No other game on Xbox forces me to delete all my DLC just to play the game. Do you not realize people don't want to use a work around to play. Why can't I just hit ok, download the patches and play. Why do I need to delete this, delete that, do this, do that just to play the game. Maybe if the Development crew from monolith wasn't a group of first year college students this issue wouldn't' exist. Like I already said, this wouldn't' be an issue if it was a very minor thing that they fixed in a week or two, this is going on three months.

As above, the method I use doesn't require any deleting.

It's pretty obvious the issue came from the 3rd compatibility pack, why didn't they pull back that pack, revert the game back to the second patches state, figure out what the issue was, then re-release it when it was fixed. Why? Because they were hocking survival mode and a DLC character which they didn't want to pull back.

It was, and I don't think you are aware of how difficult it would be to 'revert' a game to a certain state, that requires them deleting specific things from a person's console...that's impossible.

Laughable, they are bankrolled by WB, I'm curious if WB even realizes this team is ruining their name by botching every single product they bring to market. Gotham City Imposters was their other release, which they have long since abandoned after not fixing any of the issues people had. I foresee a similar fate for this game.

I'm pretty sure they are far from a big budget game, sure they are backed by WB, but I highly doubt they have given them millions to make it, it is just an arcade game after all.

LOL, but every other game has some form of host migration, this game has none, if the host, leaves or dashboards everyone in the game gets booted out. That's call sloppy programming, host migration is essential in a game like this one.

Remember back to CoD 4? I got used to it then, it doesn't really bother me tbh, I'm a patient person.

And I'm no programmer, but I don't think it would be that easy to overcome...

You act like you work for monolith or something, if you do, you think you could ask them if the Attack speed glitch or the gold mode glitch are fixed yet? No wait, no need to ask them, it's only been three months and finally now they are testing something they think, maybe, might, fix the problem. It just requires more testing.

I don't, I'd love to be working for them though if I'm honest, I love this game, and they haven't - to paraphrase you - just started testing something, they have been working on it and have come up with what they think will be the solution

Paragraphs are our friends.

Monolith themselves have said they are working on it.

All strikers are "unbalanced" in the sense they can 3 hit an unskilled person, I mainly go strikers, and I don't cry when i get killed by a striker, it's what they do, but they are incredibly easy to kill due to their low health, l2p issue.

Did you try the method I mentioned?

As above, the method I use doesn't require any deleting.

It was, and I don't think you are aware of how difficult it would be to 'revert' a game to a certain state, that requires them deleting specific things from a person's console...that's impossible.

I'm pretty sure they are far from a big budget game, sure they are backed by WB, but I highly doubt they have given them millions to make it, it is just an arcade game after all.

Remember back to CoD 4? I got used to it then, it doesn't really bother me tbh, I'm a patient person.

And I'm no programmer, but I don't think it would be that easy to overcome...

I don't, I'd love to be working for them though if I'm honest, I love this game, and they haven't - to paraphrase you - just started testing something, they have been working on it and have come up with what they think will be the solution

Paragraphs are our friends.

They have been working on it for the last 3 months, like they have been working on the net coding issue for the last 5 months. Yet nothing gets fixed, nothing gets better.

I used every available method, the only way to get the game to properly work was not having the season pass I paid for downloaded. That only worked until I shut off the game, and then it was back to gold mode again.

Disable the content causing the issue, namely survivor mode and compatibility patch three, but that would mean not having that content to sell, so they can't do that.

At this point, I'm thinking Monolith is set up in the basement of someone's house and has 3 people working there. The crappy developer who can't code, Monolith Andy, and the website administrator.

As for how much money they made off the game, I'm sure it would have been much higher if the game was actually in a working state. When you have a totally broken game, no host migration on an P2P game that becomes a major issue. The game launched with major red flags and issues, a lot of people didn't give it a chance because of those issues. I did and was happy until that third patch rolled out, I call that patch, the day guardians of middle earth died.

You can be happy playing this game and using work arounds, I am happy I got a full refund for the game and the season pass. I'm also happy I know anytime I see the name Monolith attached to a product I won't look twice at it. If they ever fix the issues and cut the price to like 200 points maybe I'll check it out again.

As it stands now, I wouldn't recommend this game, I wouldn't even touch this game with a 10 foot pole. I would hope that my message saves a few people from buying this broken buggy, glitchy, programmed by trained chimps game. I am still shocked this game even pass certification, it's probably the reason MS is tossing out refunds for this turd. Normally purchases are final, to actually get a refund fairly quickly must mean MS knows full well this product is garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
This looks like a cry baby to me...

aww isn't that cute someone who added nothing to the discussion other than to insult someone... :woop: here you go, a little dance just for you. If you like the game more power to you, the rest of us will sit and laugh at how horrible this game has become. It was fun at one point in time, but that time passed, how they can continue to push out DLC guardians when the game remains broken for a large portion of their populace makes me chuckle.

You realize you shouldn't have to find a work around to get the game to work as intended. You shouldn't have to miss out on playing as characters you purchased with real money to play the game.

Why it's already May, the gold mode glitch started in like January. It's really taken them 5 months to finally find a solution to the problem... haha go ahead and keep giving this company your money. Have they even patched the gold mode or attack speed glitches yet?

Okay okay, I will admit I do not want to buy this game full price if there has to be "work arounds". I can't be bothered with them if they take any time more than just hitting start to play. So I agree with the OP.

Buy when game is patched and a deal of the week or something. Then maybe it would be a fine purchase :)

Okay okay, I will admit I do not want to buy this game full price if there has to be "work arounds". I can't be bothered with them if they take any time more than just hitting start to play. So I agree with the OP.

Buy when game is patched and a deal of the week or something. Then maybe it would be a fine purchase :)

If their track record is any indication, they'll finally fix the gold mode glitch and it'll cause 3 or 4 unforeseen other glitches.. This development team is a real joke, I wonder what happened to the developers who developed the game and actually had things working pretty good with the first two patches.

It's almost like they moved on to other projects..... oh just like Gothem City Imposters right?

• 1 month later...
The 2 seconds it takes to work around the problem isn't that big of a deal. Game is worth it even with the slight issues it has.

Couldn't agree more, and honestly, anyone coming in and seeing this, don't let one person's opinion put you off it is a truly brilliant game.

I would request that this thread be deleted.

• 2 weeks later...
And how many video games have you released?

Thats not the case. LOL

We are the consumer, not the developer, seller etc..

If they cant fix a bug in their own game and let the consumer find their own ways arround... they failed to make this part of the game.

Sorry I cant support those kind of developers who cant fix their own games.

Would make it even worser if its just money they wont spend in a patch and to their fans.

• 1 month later...

I have to say that this is a pretty awesome and fun game. But the glitch is a huge one and has made myself and my son stop playing. And anytime we do try to play it and it glitches out on us, we just give up. I haven't tried this fix and I am going to try it. But honestly, it is sad and stupid that the game can't fix this problem. Does it mean you shouldn't buy it??? It depends on the person's opinion. I think this game is worth buying but it messes up a lot and I DO NOT recommend buying it to my friends or family. As of now, it still glitches and its been over 7 months since I started playing that this problem keeps occurring. I think it should be noted that this game has a huge issue that isn't fixed and if that doesn't bother you, then buy it. If it will, then stay away from this game. But it is a really fun game, wish they would stop being lazy and fix this problem already. Going to try this "trick"

It works =). I did it differently and moved all my game saves and DLC and comp. packs over to my storage device and left the arcade game on my hard drive. Since my son downloaded it under his gamertag, I am able to play it on my console and he can play it on his, free extra copy. But I did the same thing the guy said above and it works. SOOOOO HAPPY! But yes.... is it worth buying another storage device if you don't have one already to play this game.... it depends on the person. But I am sure glad and happy I can finally play this game and finish the last achievements I need. Thanks for the work around. I tried looking it up before and I tried other work arounds, don't remember what they were, this was in April and none helped. Thanks again

LOL. Really now??? Well that is cool and I am glad I am able to play this game. The update DOES NOT work for me but it does work on my son's xbox. Him and my gf can play with no problem but unlucky me.... I have to still do the work around. Kind of pissed I had 19 kills one game and my team mate destroy the last tower as I was killing someone to get my 20th kill for the achievement lol. Oh well, trying for it again today

• 3 months later...

I must say it's not so much fun when every match that you actually get into you seem to be matched with opponents who are 'prestige 8' and above. What's the best way to level up so I can even survive more than 2 seconds against these veterans?

I've tried some skirmishes, but most of the time it's me & AI and the AI is kinda useless and dies almost as much as me! ;)

• 1 month later...
I must say it's not so much fun when every match that you actually get into you seem to be matched with opponents who are 'prestige 8' and above. What's the best way to level up so I can even survive more than 2 seconds against these veterans?

I've tried some skirmishes, but most of the time it's me & AI and the AI is kinda useless and dies almost as much as me! ;)

Not sure if you're still checking this, or if you are even still playing GOME, but the best way to level up is to simply keep facing them Prestige 8s, lol.

Battlegrounds always give the most XP

You don't have to prestige yourself though, just a heads up, it is literally the same as COD where all you get is a different symbol next to your gamertag.

Hit lvl 20, invest in Guardians that tickle your fancy, and make that all important killer load out that kicks ass ;D

Msg me on Live for tips on any guardian if you want, or head over to the official GOME websites forums, it's pretty much dead now, but there's plenty info on many champs there as well as forums for finding other players to play with.

It's a good game but very niche, so getting somewhat good at it, takes practice :)

And if I'm up for it, I may even be up for a game or two to help :p