Super Easy Method To Beat MKII

Okay 1st off, you are going to need an Xbox 360 turbo controller for this method to work. I would recommend using a fight-stick or fight-pad. (I personally used the SF4 fight-pad) with the turbo button feature.

Next make sure you set the difficulty to "Very Easy". Allot of people have said that changing the difficulty setting's doesn't matter because these "MK Games" are straight arcade ports with non-modifying difficulty. However you might as well change them, just to be safe.

Okay on to the method:

1. You are going to be playing Liu Kang to get this achievement. Don't bother switching characters at all, just stick to Liu Kang.

2. Make sure you set the "B" (Low Kick) button on turbo. You can ether hold down the turbo manually or rubber band the controller.

3. Make sure your holding down the "B" button during the character selection screen on Liu Kang's picture. DO NOT LET GO!!! You will be holding down this button though the entire arcade mode playthough. The only time you will have to let go of the "B" button is if you die and see the continue screen, or the method messes up (which I will address at the bottom of this post).

How It Works:

Okay so Liu Kang has a bicycle kick move that can be used by "holding down the B button for 4 seconds". Normally you can execute this move by just simply holding down the "B" button for 4 seconds and releasing it to perform the bicycle kick. However with a turbo controller, the "B" button is constantly being held down and released at the same time, so you can do instant bicycle kicks till the end of time.

The bicycle kicks happen so fast and so constant, that the A.I. has no way of handling the situation and will ether: Block forever, Duck for a while, or just get pummeled by Liu Kang's deadly feet of doom. :woop:

*THIS WORKED AGAINST EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN ARCADE MODE*

Miscellaneous Stuff:

1. Make sure you do not touch any directions or any other button, you only need to hold down the "B" button and Liu Kang will do his thing.

2. This method or glitch (whatever you wanna call it), sometimes will randomly not work. You will know if it's not working when Liu Kang will just keep kicking the air like an idiot. If that is the case, Let the CPU beat you down and just continue. Keep trying till you get Liu Kang back into the bicycle Kick rhythm. Usually once you got the rhythm down, he won't stop bicycle kicking though out the entire arcade mode.

3. Like I said before, this method will work against all the other fighters (including Kintaro and Shao Kahn). However I did have a slight problem against Scorpion's spear move. So if at all possible you might want to fight him legit in the earlier stages.

4. PROFIT!!! THIS METHOD ONLY TOOK ME 15 MINS TO COMPLETE MKII ON NORMAL DIFFICULTY. :woop:

just trying to help people out, that's all.

I'm not criticising, just thought I could add another tip, we are lucky as people were telling me MK2 was the hardest but our techniques really proved a hit. I took ages to beat Kintaro, and when I finally won I thought it was going to be another 2 hours to beat Shao Khan, but it was more like 2 minutes.

Oh okay, nah it's cool, Any advice for people is all was helpful. I just saw on the forums people were having trouble with MKII, so I decided to give my input on how I beat it. I actually almost got the achievement legit with Reptile, but Kintaro and Shao Kahn kept messing me up badly. T_T

The Shang Tsung "Jump Kic/Fire ball" work also fine against mostly any characters, exept Liu Kang cause he throws HIS fire balls in the air, Mileena can also be a problem but doable. On Shao Khan, i just spam 3 fireballs and jump kick most of the time. They key is to have him at a long distance but not far too much cause he spam the spear projectile. Didn'T had much trouble with Khan. Kintaro took a few tries as sometimes his missing uppercut don't bug if i can say and therefore he catch you in a corner and your dead, but usually it work fine.

MK2 is a pain in the ass to beat, but not impossible. Its just not fun that characters spam like crazy and catch everything with a damn throw... even Raiden Torpedo... wich is dumb. I dont understand people who had fun in the arcades back then... as the only way to win was being a cheap spamming guy. I had the consol versions of all games, and they where actually fun to do arcades... only MK2 was slightly difficult but not THAT difficult. MK1 and MK3 where just SUPER EASY.

Edited by Destro

also works for "elder god" achievement, i just let the B button pressed with a remote controller xD, went to play something else on the pc and then when i came back i get the achievement :p now i got all of them : ), btw, for the flawless victory online use this method, also works, i just play 1 match and get the 2 achievement.

also works for "elder god" achievement, i just let the B button pressed with a remote controller xD, went to play something else on the pc and then when i came back i get the achievement :p now i got all of them : ), btw, for the flawless victory online use this method, also works, i just play 1 match and get the 2 achievement.

I see no prob of doing this against the AI, but spamming like shit a REAL DUDE online is pretty bad and cheap... I would not sugest doing this...

this worked good, not 100% as per your guided but i only died 3 times. now after reading this works in UMK3 in the stand alone i may be able to finally beat shao khan.

by the way i have the wwe fight pad which i believe is the same as SF

Edit: this isn't working so great in UMK3 haven't beat shao khan in a single round yet.

Edit2: Just used sub-zero to finish UMK3 shao khan and even that took some work to figure out the timing.

Edited by xMidget_Furyx

Midget Fury, I used this to rip thru MK3 then got stuck on Shao Kahn for Hours. I spent 4 or 5 hours fighting him alone.

I only really bought this for MK and MK 2, where I didn't have to learn combos. Here I thought I was going to have to flesh out combos with a character to beat Shao Kahn, but no. I made it by Sub-Zero Freeze, too.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Playing online with a Turbo Controller :rolleyes:

What´s the english word for this...hmm...GAY I think

Works fine in UMK3 until Motaro, which constantly block the move and after ~10 blocked tries, Liu Kang stop to do it (with my controller, at least). Same for Shao Kan.

But nice method for the other characters still :)

The sub-zero freeze in the corner is defo the way to go on MK2 against kintaro. It can be tricky sometimes to actually freeze him in the corner, but this is the only way i can kill him. Other than him, barakas blade fury will do the rest!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFrwsZqwbCA]Mortal Kombat 2 (Collection) - How to defeat Kintarou rather easily - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by davhuit

I got stuck on Shang and Kintaro for a few minutes on MK2.. For Kintaro, I found that timed jump kicks worked wonders, cause he -always- went for an uppercut. Kahn was a piece of cake; spammed Mileena teleport kicks.. If he blocks, it knocks him back enough to where he isn't close enough to hit you, and by the time he either walks toward you or starts a special, you can already be teleporting again. I meant to pick Baraka, and accidentally hit her.. Actually said aloud 'well this won't go well' but he didn't even win a round.

I have mixed feelings about these games.. They were such a huge part of my younger gaming years, but now its a reminder of how blatantly cheap they are, just to steal quarters. Didn't pay attention/care about it back then though.. /reminiscing

• 3 weeks later...