Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

So, here's what I did, I set up a game of Execution with me and one Insane level bot, time limit 1 minute, and left it on overnight as I slept. When I woke up, I had the silver level Execution medal!

I will look into this, seems like you can get medal progress towards matches played etc, which is good but I have still not been able to gain any ribbons unless the match is filled.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope this isn't a bug then, I thought the war supporter medal would be like...one tally per event but it seems that it's tallying the matches you're playing in the event rather than the event itself. If this isn't a bug then War Supporter may turn out to be the easiest Onyx to get so long as you have Live and are online during an event.

nikke I have a question can you select the difficulty of individual bots or are they all forced to be 1 level

setting the bots difficulty to insane may speed things up

Don't think you can set them to different difficulties.

Going to work, have some more stuff to update when i get back home.

just make sure you set the number of bots to "fill" or else you won't gain any ribbons or progress towards medals!

Dumb question... why? Why don't you get progress towards them?

Important about mutators, using mutators will void the progress towards the achievements for completing wave 1-10 and wave 1-50.
They should let you use whatever you want. The game is yours to play how you want it. Developers forcing you to play it a certain way bothers me, within acceptable limits of course. Using IN GAME things should not matter, but I agree any outside cheats/hacks shouldn't be tolerated. Edited by Nevander

Hey, I just noticed a mistake on your medal list with the medal Captor, I'm playing Capture the Leader offline right now with bots and I had the leader as a captive and used my pistol to kill one of its teammates and the tally for Captor came up with 10/50 kills. So the Captor medal may not be for killing people who are holding hostages, but for kills made while you have a hostage

Hey, I just noticed a mistake on your medal list with the medal Captor, I'm playing Capture the Leader offline right now with bots and I had the leader as a captive and used my pistol to kill one of its teammates and the tally for Captor came up with 10/50 kills. So the Captor medal may not be for killing people who are holding hostages, but for kills made while you have a hostage

You are correct, my bad. Will update when I get home.

just unlocked Socialite(Earned the Onyx "War Supporter" medal.)

i have been playing vs warzone with bots on casual

the cap for gold is 20

the cap for onyx is 30

also when i go to events calender its still says

congrats

you're one of the lucky prople playing gears 3 prior to the official launch date. enjoy!

so i dont know if its a bug or if they are do an event on lauch day that is just not on calendar yet.

also it a golden gun week from launch

Edited by gamerwillie
wrong info

Do kills from horde count toward these 6000 weapon kills?

Not for me so probably not but you can simply rape casual bots in private vs to boost them if you want

Edit:

BIG MONEY

Earn $(100000/500000/100000/50000) cash in Horde.

Didn't you miss some 0 here or does the Onyx really just need 50k and Gold only 100k?

the only is sort of sarcastic though

Edited by Brawl Kirby