Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 2 months later...

I just got the combo and all-in-one achievements, an easy way to do them is to start building up a huge stack like you would to get a tetris but leave two open spaces then when the stack is at the highest you think you can make it you start dropping stuff down into the open spaces, managed to get 10x combo that way. From there just start making a t-spin single and double. After that just get a tetris, triple, ect. if you still need them. Thought it would take me ages to get these but only took about 10 mins and a few tries for the 8x combo.

Someone should work out a plan of attack for the 8x combo, I think there may be a bit of luck involved. You cannot drop a piece that does not clear a line, that's pretty tough if the pieces aren't given in the proper order. Using the Left trigger piece switch is a must I'm sure, I mean a couple of yellow cubes in the piece lineup is gonna screw you. I haven't even gotten to 6x yet! Pshh. Ten hours is easier...lol .

Ah I was just about to ask about the 8x combo... so I need to clear at least one line, 8 pieces in a row. Does holding the piece break the combo?

Also, about the marathon question, in this game, marathon has an ending, I havent figured out if it is by score, level, or number of lines yet. I am hoping it is by level, as you can start at level 15 and could get the speed achievement easily. There is also a meter that as far as I can tell, fills up as you play. I have a hard time playing and watching it at the same time.

I just beat Marathon mode, all you have to do is finish level 15. I started at level 14 and it took me 10 minutes to complete and I never used the hold queue once. I did not receive any achievements: Speedster or Old School. Does anyone know why?

I just beat Marathon mode, all you have to do is finish level 15. I started at level 14 and it took me 10 minutes to complete and I never used the hold queue once. I did not receive any achievements: Speedster or Old School. Does anyone know why?

Hehehe yeah I had the same idea. I started at lvl 15 and finished in 3 min and change and did not get the achievement. I am guessing that you need to start from lvl 1.

I was thinking about the 8 combo achivement, I came up with a strategy that I think has a fair chance of succeding (untested). I will fill the screen with lines, leaving one side with 2 columns open. That way, all of the pieces except the 1x4 blue can make a single line or more (as long as the blue piece isn't first, there should be a tetrimino down there to make a line with). I estimated that it would need to be at least 14 rows high (the game space should be 20 rows by 10 columns). Please let me know what you think.

Dude your method here is the exact same as the one I have already posted...

Ah shit you're right, I can't believe I didn't see that... It's like I read between your posts because I saw that the other guy was having trouble and ended up writing the same thing. lol

• 2 weeks later...

a friend of mine and i were wondering if the 10 hrs of online play has to be actual gameplay or can it be obtained by sitting in an online lobby with at least one other player. we were gonna get in a game together and just leave our consoles on overnight but i decided to get you guys opinions on the matter first. so what do yall think?

a friend of mine and i were wondering if the 10 hrs of online play has to be actual gameplay or can it be obtained by sitting in an online lobby with at least one other player. we were gonna get in a game together and just leave our consoles on overnight but i decided to get you guys opinions on the matter first. so what do yall think?

I am pretty sure it is actual play. There is a timer for time played if you check the rankings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
what is a t-spin double? This was the only ting that i didnt get when i went for the all in 1 achievement.

I believe that this is a tspin that completes 2 lines at once. I had a multiple tspins and a couple back to back and it didnt unlock but i didnt do one that completes 2 lines at once. will try this out soon.

• 1 year later...