199 of 200 What the hell?!

I have found all the SIP's, cleared Diagon Alley and Knothole (SP?), and have been up and down Hogwards. Someone please tell me; did I just hit a major glitch or what? I have seriously looked everywhere. Please tell me that I don't need to do everything all over again. My sanity and patience can take only so much.

I have found all the SIP's, cleared Diagon Alley and Knothole (SP?), and have been up and down Hogwards. Someone please tell me; did I just hit a major glitch or what? I have seriously looked everywhere. Please tell me that I don't need to do everything all over again. My sanity and patience can take only so much.

Did you have the clock tower gold brick glitch happen??

Did you build ALL the things under The Inn? (The main hub in Diagon Alley, major brain fart)

Did you do EVERY bonus level? (there are 10)

So you did get the one in Eeylops? The one you have to sweep to get?

Got ALL crests?

If none of that works, then go to the collectibles guide as suggested by Lite Pink.

I really hope you find it! I would be PISSED if I ended like that!

I know it may be a pain, but if you cannot remember which gold bricks you have already collected, and you have gotten everything out of the levels, then that leaves only 2 places for the brick to hide. First is Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. Be sure to turn on the gold brick detector and run around. As mentioned above, one of the ones that is easily skipped is the one in Eyelops where you have to sweep (that was my last one). Another one is in Borgin & Burkes, right behind the counter. If your detector does not point to any in Diagon Alley, then the only other place is in Hogwarts. Unfortunately, this is a very large place and is very easy to overlook certain areas. But the only recommendation is to go through the entire area methodically, using the gold brick detector. Eventually, you will find an area that shows something. Just keep looking, and use the guide to help make the locations a bit faster. Unless it is the dreaded clock tower glitch (have yet to actually see this myself, but enough people have posted that it seems to be a real glitch), you should be able to find it.

Good Luck!

Yeah, the big question is, are you using the gold brick detector? Even if the brick is glitched, it will still show on the detector. So my bet is that you've just missed one in hogwarts. Go through each of the levels (don't actually play them, just look at them) and make sure you have each SIP for each level, as that was where my last missing brick was

I have checked everywhere in the game. I have all 50 SIPS, all crests, all true wizards, the clocktower, the four under the pub, eyelops and knockturn gold bricks, the 10 in grinngots bank. I have also gone all around Hogwards with the Gold Brick Detector on, and I still cannot find it. So i am at loss here. I get the feeling that i just have to play a second time and don't do anything till the story is done. I don't want that, but what other choice do I have?

Did you go into the Timeturner areas in all of Hogwarts? And did you go into every single area of the Castle?

Before starting over, I would recommend using the guide and going back through each location for the gold bricks, double checking and making sure you got it before starting over. It may take a while to get it, but it does not sound like a glitch, at least not to me.

Did you go into the Timeturner areas in all of Hogwarts? And did you go into every single area of the Castle?

Before starting over, I would recommend using the guide and going back through each location for the gold bricks, double checking and making sure you got it before starting over. It may take a while to get it, but it does not sound like a glitch, at least not to me.

I forgot about the TIME TURNER areas... Not sure if the gold bricks from there show up or not. Also there are only three or four places that you use the time turner at so it will be quick to check.

As far as I know the clock tower is the only glitched gold brick. I also don't think that it's a glitch. It just sounds like you somehow missed something... Which I understand in these games is a HUGE pain in the ass.

But yeah, use the collectibles guide, and just go EVERYWHERE one more time using it.

Hope you find it mate!

I finally found the last brick, however I think I did hit a glitch because in a way i had to reboot the Gold Brick Detector. Now I know someone had post this before but I'll just say it for those who don't know. I searched the entire game three times to find that last brick to no avail. So i went and started a new game. But this time I did nothing, just played the story and ignored everything else. After completed 1-1 I went back to Daigon Alley and put in the cheat for the Gold Brick detector only! After which I went back and played 1-2 to confirm if it was working. After finishing 1-2, I went back to Daigon Alley and quit the game. Then loaded up my old one and went back to searching for that last brick. Following the guide I finally found it. So if you have this kind of trouble like me try this method. I hope it helps you like me.

I finally found the last brick, however I think I did hit a glitch because in a way i had to reboot the Gold Brick Detector. Now I know someone had post this before but I'll just say it for those who don't know. I searched the entire game three times to find that last brick to no avail. So i went and started a new game. But this time I did nothing, just played the story and ignored everything else. After completed 1-1 I went back to Daigon Alley and put in the cheat for the Gold Brick detector only! After which I went back and played 1-2 to confirm if it was working. After finishing 1-2, I went back to Daigon Alley and quit the game. Then loaded up my old one and went back to searching for that last brick. Following the guide I finally found it. So if you have this kind of trouble like me try this method. I hope it helps you like me.

Wow... way to be diligent! Thanks for the tip and congrats!

• 1 year later...

This worked for me as well....that's right...2 years later and still glitched!

Anyways, I played a game (save 1) until I got to this infamous 98% complete. So after i while, I played a second game (save 2) and completed up to year 2-6...because that basilisk kept disappearing. So... looking on here to figure that out, i found this thread. I have been playing (save 2) already with the cheat "on" for the gold bricks. So...I re-loaded my previous game (save 1), and searched the castle. I finally made it across the school and back to the dorm rooms, and then i used the time-turner in the Gryffindor bedroom, and sure enough, the gold brick locator came up and i checked/jumped into that chest in the north-west corner of the room and there it was. I KNOW i checked this multiple times before i gave up and started my second attempt (save 2). Oh well, thank you Lonewulf for posting this and saving me quite a while of replaying this one!

Edited by mcass23
add credit

• 7 months later...
This worked for me as well....that's right...2 years later and still glitched!

Anyways, I played a game (save 1) until I got to this infamous 98% complete. So after i while, I played a second game (save 2) and completed up to year 2-6...because that basilisk kept disappearing. So... looking on here to figure that out, i found this thread. I have been playing (save 2) already with the cheat "on" for the gold bricks. So...I re-loaded my previous game (save 1), and searched the castle. I finally made it across the school and back to the dorm rooms, and then i used the time-turner in the Gryffindor bedroom, and sure enough, the gold brick locator came up and i checked/jumped into that chest in the north-west corner of the room and there it was. I KNOW i checked this multiple times before i gave up and started my second attempt (save 2). Oh well, thank you Lonewulf for posting this and saving me quite a while of replaying this one!

Thank you so much...i noticed i was in pace to come up 1 short so I started searching this forum for commonly missed and glitched gold bricks and sure enough, this the only ine i was missing!!! Lifesaver u are!