Achievement Guide: Nightmare in Northport

MeonOner

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

- Offline: 5 (125http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

- Approximate amount of time to 125http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif: 3+ (Some Grinding)

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Free Roam/Replay missions if needed)

- Number of missable achievements: None.

- Cost: 560 MSP

*Thanks to LightOnTheEdge/LightSamus from TA for the 'Hell Money' achievement video.

*Thanks to Mattpm13 from TA for the tips on 'Cursed Gold' achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2238/UP0gSw0=.jpgGhost and Stuff 20:gsicon:

Complete all secondary content.

You'll get this for completing all the optional missions in the DLC. They are not difficult to find, showing up on the map as blue and purple icons. All the missions basically have you fighting either some Jing-Shi or some Yaoguai.

If you complete them as they appear, this should unlock with the final blue icon mission, which appears after completing the story mission "Ghosts of the Past".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2238/UPzAs54=.jpgCursed Gold 15:gsicon:

Achieve 5 Gold Awards.

You can track your progress by going to the Social Hub (Press :start: > Social Hub > Stat Awards).

There are only 5 new challenges to achieve gold on:

NOTE: The DLC missions CANNOT be replayed to get any missing kills or stats.

- Vampire Hunter: Kill 200 Jiang Shi

- Demon Hunter: Kill 20 Yaoguai

- Demonic Exorcism: Kill 15 Yaoguai sith with the Peachwood Sword

- Hard to get: Avoid 100 Jiang Shi bites

- Underworld Offering: Find all 10 Hell Shrines

TIPS:

Vampire Hunter: Kill 200 Jiang Shi - (YOU MUST KILL THE ENEMY WITH MELEE COMBAT, CAR KILLS DO NOT COUNT) Jiang Shis are the most common enemies in this DLC, simply completing the story and the secondary content should get you about 100 kills. An easy way to get the remaining kills would be to find an energy source (light blue circles that continuously respawn enemies) and just grind out the kills before you deactivate the energy source. These energy sources only appear in Story missions and some secondary content (blue markers on the map).

If you have completed all the story missions and secondary content you will have to look for the Jiang Shi by driving around Northpoint. Alleyways seem to be a good location to find them. They can also be found near most Hell Money Shrines. If you can't find any Jiang Shi simply save, exit to main menu, reload and revisit the same alleyways and Shrines.

Demon Hunter: Kill 20 Yaoguai - Read Demonic Exorcism.

Demonic Exorcism: Kill 15 Yaoguai with the Peachwood Sword - NEVER use the Peachwood swords on the Jiang Shi, if you see a bunch of Jiang Shi, drop your sword, defeat them and pick up your sword again. Only use the sword on the Yaoguai, this will make it much easier to get the remaining kills. As you complete story missions, secondary content will be unlocked (Blue and Purple markers on map) Always do a blue mission first, you will get a Peachwood sword, then go to a purple marker, kill the Yaoguai with the sword. This will get you a few extra kills.

After the story line is complete, drive around Northpoint and you will see a red marker (enemy marker) on your mini map. Those can either be Jiang Shi or a Peachwood Sword sticking out of the ground, grab the sword and Yaoguai will spawn, kill the Yaoguai with the sword and go look for another marker. This may sound hard but the swords are actually very common.

Hard to get: Avoid 100 Jiang Shi bites - One of the Jiang Shi's attacks is biting your neck, simply counter, :ybut:, when they bite. You should get a decent amount of these by just doing the story, secondary content and killing the 200 Jiang Shi you need for the Vampire Hunter award.

To get the remaining counters simply grapple a Jiang Shi, :bbut:, don't hit the Jiang Shi or move it around just wait a couple seconds, the Jiang Shi will free itself from your grapple and will ALWAYS go for the bite. Just counter it and repeat this on the Jiang Shi until you get the gold award or kill the Jiang Shi, if you kill it just do the same thing with another one. This is easier to do on the last Jiang Shi of a group since you won't have the worry about the other Jiang Shi trying to hit you.

Underworld Offering: Find all 10 Hell Shrines - Look at 'Hell Money' achievement for more information on where to find the Hell Shrines.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2238/UPliWGc=.jpgHell Money 25:gsicon:

Find all the money shrines.

There are a total of 10 Hell Shrines in Northport. Some of the Hell Shrines are guarded by zombie enemies. Take them out to successfully get access to the shrines.

Map Location Of Hell Shrines

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW5NIZ2HP_w]Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point - Hell Shrine Location Guide (Hell Money Achievement) - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2238/99.jpgPet Cemetery 15:gsicon:

Send Dogeyes, Ratface and Ponytail back to Hell.

STORY RELATED AND CAN NOT BE MISSED.

You'll get this after completing the mission "Ghosts of the Past".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2238/100.jpgI Can Haz Banishment 50:gsicon:

Banish Smiley Cat.

STORY RELATED AND CAN NOT BE MISSED.

You get this achievement for completing the final story mission "Smiley Cat".

Edited by MeonOner

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

- Offline: 5 (125 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

- Online: None.

- Approximate amount of time to 125 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif: 3h+ (some Grinds)

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Free Roam/Replay missions if needed)

- Number of missable achievements: None.

- Cost: 560 MSP

Hi MeonOner, I know you are not done yet but I couldn't wait. :p So here just some fixes/suggestions! ;)

Hi MeonOner, I know you are not done yet but I couldn't wait. :p So here just some fixes/suggestions! ;)

Haha I actually just came back to fix the price. But thanks for additional info. This mini guide seems to be done. Im just going to go over some of the gold stat descriptions, since it was borrowed from some at TA.

Haha I actually just came back to fix the price. But thanks for additional info. This mini guide seems to be done. Im just going to go over some of the gold stat descriptions, since it was borrowed from some at TA.

Yeah looks good to me except these two little coding (:ybut: & :bbut:) errors:

Hard to get: Avoid 100 Jiang Shi bites - One of the Jiang Shi's attacks is biting your neck, simply counter,:ybut:, when they bite.

To get the remaining counters simply grapple a Jiang Shi, :bbut: , don't hit the Jiang Shi or move it around just wait a couple seconds, the Jiang Shi will free itself from your grapple and will ALWAYS go for the bite.

You have to choose it from the main menu. It's a seperate game. Which means, you start without your so far collected cash, cars & clothes from the main game!

Thanks for the answer!

I figured out my problem yesterday, just forgot to come back here. It`s a glitch in the game. I bough it back home and was going to play during the weekend at my girlfriend`s house where I have another X-Box.

Turns out there`s a glitch and the DLC will only work in the console that you used to buy it. I will have to wait until monday night to play it :(

Thanks for the guide MeonOner, a little less than 3 hours to complete it, pretty easy and straightforward.

Yea no problem :). Did the guide for the original 1000G, thought I do the DLC also. This DLC is easy and straightforward and fun. Sleeping Dogs has to be one of the best tittles released this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the Demonic Exorcism medal, is it essential that you do the purple events on the map with the sword, or can you pick up enought with the campaign missions? I'm trying to do that purple ones with the sword, but the Jiang Shi bouncing around keeping getting in the way, or the Yaoguai itself knocks me down, making me drop the sword, which the vanishes.

For the Demonic Exorcism medal, is it essential that you do the purple events on the map with the sword, or can you pick up enought with the campaign missions? I'm trying to do that purple ones with the sword, but the Jiang Shi bouncing around keeping getting in the way, or the Yaoguai itself knocks me down, making me drop the sword, which the vanishes.

Its been a while since Ive played this.. But, the purple events will always have a Peachwood sword and will always spawn a Yaoguai. The purple events will definitely help you in getting 15 Yaoguai kills for Demonic Exorcism. You will also be able to kill a few during the story.

What you would want to do is as soon as you grab the sword and the enemies spawn is drop it without hitting anyone, so it doesn't disappear. Take out the few Jiang Shis, then pick up the sword and start to attack the Yaoguai.

If your sword breaks or vanishes before you kill the Yaoguai, you can always return back to the spot after a couple minutes or after doing a story mission or a side quest or an event. Don't worry if you don't have enough kills to get gold, as you drive around Northport you will notice red dots, which mean its either a Peachwood sword or just a few Jiang Shi enemies.

If you keep having trouble you can always save before doing a purple event in case you fail it. That way you can reload and try again until you beat it.

Edited by MeonOner

Yeah, 100%'d the game & DLC over the weekend. Question is now, do I sell it on, or hold onto it for any further expansions? Decisions, decisions...

Its a fun game with a fun list of achievements.

Ive held my game since it was released and have not once thought to sell it or trade it, even tho I don't play it anymore. I would say hold on to it for a little longer and follow the news updates for this game. If nothing new sparks up, then you can sell it or trade it. Your choice really :p

• 1 month later...
- Hard to get: Avoid 100 Jiang Shi bites

I did this on the beginning as I was already aware you can't replay missions contrary to the main game and it's pretty easy to get, you can get ~10 for each guy and so get it in a couple of minutes.

- Vampire Hunter: Kill 200 Jiang Shi

- Demon Hunter: Kill 20 Yaoguai

- Demonic Exorcism: Kill 15 Yaoguai sith with the Peachwood Sword

I did this on the final mission. You can have infinite Jiang Shi spawn as long as you don't close the energy source (two energy sources in the mission).

About the Yaoguai, there are two of them in the final mission and you get a sword just before to kill both of them (you get a sword by closing an energy source).

Once you defeated both Yaoguai with the swords, save the game then reload it, you'll restart before the last mission. Start it again, kill both Yaoguai again with the swords, save, reload, etc... Probably faster than waiting for the purple circle to spawn on the map.

By the way, when you save then reload with a sword, you respawn with a sword.

Of course, you need to have a save before the end to do that, personally I did a manual save before as I already known that the missions couldn't be replayed and got the three awards pretty fast (3-4 reloading).

Edited by davhuit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...