Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Nozza

Great guide Nozza. Couple of comments/corrections:

1) For the achievement "Birdie," you can actually get shot by the helicopters BEFORE you destroy the first one. Once you destroy the first one, then you can't get hit. I was getting mowed down, as was a friend, and then he took them both out and got the achievement. The important part is staying safe once you destroy the first one. Also, why do you recommend a sentry gun and claymores? Helicopters come at wave 6 with no other enemies. Seems like an unnecessary thing to do. Granted I've only played the first two Survival maps, but in both maps the two helicopters came at wave 6 with no other enemies. So really, you only need $5000 if you want to use two predator missiles. You might also want to note that, if you have a teammate, it's very easy to have him shoot a helicopter until it's smoking, and have the chopper focus on him, then finish it off. In case you can't get to the armory for a second predator or don't have the money. This was how we did it for each of us: predator for the first, then finish off the second with a gun after it's smoking.

2) For "Get Rich or Die Trying," a couple easy ways to save money are to use the guns the enemies are using, so you can refill on ammo for free. For example in the first two maps I played, use the Model 1887 for the first 5 rounds. Then they start dropping MP5s, which I used. Then they drop a lot of ACRs in rounds 10-20. I only bought a SCAR and two or three ammo refills the entire time. It's also very handy to have co-op partners take out the choppers so you don't have to waste $2500 on a predator. Or take out the choppers with bullets, since it's much cheaper to refill your ammo than to buy a predator missile.

3) For "No Assistance Required," easy one....fix the color haha

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There already was another achievement guide, why did you make another one and how come yours got stickied so quickly?

Not mad or anything it's a nice guide just wondering :p

Everyone has the right to make an achievement guide. That's why guides aren't allowed to be submitted until one month after the game's release. To be honest, this guide is much better. It has a lot more info in it.

As for why it got stickied so quick, well....the guy who made is on the guide staff. Doesn't bother me as long as the guide is good, which it is.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1372/UPws21A=.jpg No Assistance Required 20:gsicon:

Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.

The best and easiest map to do this is on is "Milehigh Jack". As it's quite short and not much room for the enemy AI to maneuver, it's the perfect place to get this. I'd start out on a lower difficulty to get where people spawn, and what's best when.

Just be on your toes, and using your flashbangs is a must. the only hiccup in this level is the timer, but once you know what you're doing, it's a breeze. For more helpful info on some Veteran tactics please see the "The Best of the Best" achievement up top.

I found an even easier way. The Special Ops mission "Firewall", the one where one person is in control of the sentries and the other is running through the map. Super easy, especially considering if the person running goes down you fail and the person controlling the sentries can't die. It's in the second tier of missions so you will have to play a few games to unlock them, but definitely worth the short wait.

:)

Edited by Fishman

I understand first come first serve doesn't apply but why not just try improve the first guide with your knowledge to make the best guide possible instead of just starting a whole new one, what I wrote sounds pretty contradicting but still. It isn't fair if someone who is 'staff' gets priority and automatically gets stickied.

Edited by Teh Phantomz

I found a really easy way to get serrated edge. Since the achievement just says spec ops, it doesn't need to be in survival. Just load up the mission toxic paradise in the 2nd set of missions where you play as a juggernaut. Play it on recruit to make things even easier. Blow through the mission using your grenade launcher and airstrikes until you get to the back alleyway after collecting the 4th sample. There will be one grunt and one juggernaut. Just do the same as the guide, unload about half an LMG clip into it, then flashbang and knife. Since you're a juggernaut he probably won't kill you and you can flashbang infinitely since there's an ammo crate just inside the door before the alleyway.

The first guide that was on here got me through the campaign getting all the misc cheevs in order (due to its layout it was very easy).

I'm always in 2 minds about this sorta stuff, this one IS better and just because the other one was first doesn't mean it should get priority.

But to sticky it instantly and destroy the other members work?

I have wanted to but never have tried to make a guide for this reason!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1372/UPy1Ip8=.jpg Get Rich or Die Trying 25:gsicon:

Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.

A good and fast way to get you cash up fast is by getting the end bonuses. Make sure you get those killstreaks, headshots, accuracy kills, rampages, finish fast and take little damage etc. All these add the extra cash to your total.[/color]

Or you simply play it in COOP, rack up enough cash that you "all together" have $ 50,000+ equally and start to SHARE via :xbut: ($ 500 every time) at any Armory until every person has the achievement and switch. That's the way I did it. Fastest method IMO!

Great guide Nozza. Couple of comments/corrections:

1) For the achievement "Birdie," you can actually get shot by the helicopters BEFORE you destroy the first one. Once you destroy the first one, then you can't get hit. I was getting mowed down, as was a friend, and then he took them both out and got the achievement. The important part is staying safe once you destroy the first one. Also, why do you recommend a sentry gun and claymores? Helicopters come at wave 6 with no other enemies. Seems like an unnecessary thing to do. Granted I've only played the first two Survival maps, but in both maps the two helicopters came at wave 6 with no other enemies. So really, you only need $5000 if you want to use two predator missiles. You might also want to note that, if you have a teammate, it's very easy to have him shoot a helicopter until it's smoking, and have the chopper focus on him, then finish it off. In case you can't get to the armory for a second predator or don't have the money. This was how we did it for each of us: predator for the first, then finish off the second with a gun after it's smoking.

2) For "Get Rich or Die Trying," a couple easy ways to save money are to use the guns the enemies are using, so you can refill on ammo for free. For example in the first two maps I played, use the Model 1887 for the first 5 rounds. Then they start dropping MP5s, which I used. Then they drop a lot of ACRs in rounds 10-20. I only bought a SCAR and two or three ammo refills the entire time. It's also very handy to have co-op partners take out the choppers so you don't have to waste $2500 on a predator. Or take out the choppers with bullets, since it's much cheaper to refill your ammo than to buy a predator missile.

3) For "No Assistance Required," easy one....fix the color haha

1) Added

2) This is what I do, but I'll add it if I have edit room for more words. I'm reaching the character limit, so I may have to reshuffle.

3) Funny how I never noticed that. It's green now.

There already was another achievement guide, why did you make another one and how come yours got stickied so quickly?

Not mad or anything it's a nice guide just wondering :p

Everyone has the right to make an achievement guide. That's why guides aren't allowed to be submitted until one month after the game's release. To be honest, this guide is much better. It has a lot more info in it.

As for why it got stickied so quick, well....the guy who made is on the guide staff. Doesn't bother me as long as the guide is good, which it is.

I understand first come first serve doesn't apply but why not just try improve the first guide with your knowledge to make the best guide possible instead of just starting a whole new one, what I wrote sounds pretty contradicting but still. It isn't fair if someone who is 'staff' gets priority and automatically gets stickied.

Pretty much what Necro said. The sticky though... I have nothing to do with and don't know why. If a Admin/Mod comes alone and scans the forum and feels it's worth it, that's their decision. Though if other guide does get 100% completed then submitted, it won't get thrown aside and we will look at it and make any further decisions from there.

There is also no "Staff" rule. Just because the other guide has been up for 3 days before the release, does not mean other people can make guide or mean it gets priority over others. I've had this guide written up a few days before release and have worked along side PP for the last 2 days straight to get it to the point it's at now.

I found an even easier way. The Special Ops mission "Firewall", the one where one person is in control of the sentries and the other is running through the map. Super easy, especially considering if the person running goes down you fail and the person controlling the sentries can't die. It's in the second tier of missions so you will have to play a few games to unlock them, but definitely worth the short wait.

:)

I've been reading about this. As this was a joint guide PP has done a lot of the SO stuff. but I'm getting around to it now, so I'll be sure to check this out then edit it in this week.

Edited by Nozza

The first guide that was on here got me through the campaign getting all the misc cheevs in order (due to its layout it was very easy).

I'm always in 2 minds about this sorta stuff, this one IS better and just because the other one was first doesn't mean it should get priority.

But to sticky it instantly and destroy the other members work?

I have wanted to but never have tried to make a guide for this reason!

Answer to this is above.

One thing, you can only be 2 players in Spec Ops.

Other then that. Great guide. But only thing I will need is the intel location guide.

Edited. I just had 4 total in my head because of Zombies etc.

Why is the difficulty so high? Are the Spec Ops missions tough?

I may put it down to 6 but it's because of a few things. One being Veteran. Even though it's one of the easiest, if you're not the best FPS player, it'll prove a little harder.

You write guides like the person has never played the game or this type of genre before. So I'm not going to put it at 5 and say "You've all played CoD and it's Vet setting."

Or you simply play it in COOP, rack up enough cash that you "all together" have $ 50,000+ equally and start to SHARE via :xbut: ($ 500 every time) at any Armory until every person has the achievement and switch. That's the way I did it. Fastest method IMO!

Ah.. I didn't know you could share. I'll be sure to add this in, thanks!

I'd also like to point out that the tiles and guide layout may be in a different order to the other but in theory they're not. I've laid out all the story one's first. Seeing as these are not missable if you play on Vet, it's worth putting them first.

Next, you may think the Misc lot are, but again they're not. The official order is actually in the order of what missions you play in the campaign. So once you've got one, the next one will be on the next mission. Easy.

Just because they're no interlinked within the story progression one's does not mean they're in the wrong order. The order works and is perfectly logical and keeps the unnecessary achievements out the way at the top so you only have to concentrate on the ones you actually need to try for.

Edited by Nozza

your description for Unstoppable says its easier with three other players but isnt spec ops 2 max?

plus the 50/50 achievement is REALLY easy to do on the first spec ops mission Stay Sharp, the assault course. the targets count as kills.

and the best level for getting No Assistance required i think is Firewall. its not a hard level and because one of you is controlling a sentry you cant get downed - i got the achievement just for finishing it on veteran.

<edit>ah the firewall tip has been posted.

good guide btw.

Just would like to point out that I've just done the first 'mission' with a second controllers on the Spec Ops to get the 50/50 achievement and to my surprise I also unlocked the No Assisstance Required achievement also.

For those who have two controllers, maybe you could try it my way? A lot easier =) Though my profile already had 2 stars, that might have also been a factor (I was taking my time due to controlling two controllers at the same time for 50/50 so couldn't have got more than 1 star anyway).

your description for Unstoppable says its easier with three other players but isnt spec ops 2 max?

plus the 50/50 achievement is REALLY easy to do on the first spec ops mission Stay Sharp, the assault course. the targets count as kills.

and the best level for getting No Assistance required i think is Firewall. its not a hard level and because one of you is controlling a sentry you cant get downed - i got the achievement just for finishing it on veteran.

<edit>ah the firewall tip has been posted.

good guide btw.

I've edited the 3 players thing. Mentioned above the mistake I made.

The guide states the first SO mission is the best for 50/50. I've had that tip in since I posted it.

I know of the Firewall thing. I've just got to test it out, before I post anything.

I know that there may already be a few floating around here but I believe that mine are just as good if not better than most of them.

The gameplay is captured in HD, there are no annoying intros or logos in the video, there is no annoying commentary and all the intel locations are showed in context of the main action so that you can best orient yourself and find it.

Lemme know what you guys think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTBRc0eAQ8]CoD: MW3 - Intel Guide(Informant) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEd12wyYyeQ]CoD: MW3 - Intel Guide(Scout Leader) - YouTube[/ame]