Is it worth getting a kinect?

ZX47

Kinect is not for the lazy gamer. My kids play with mine more than I do, and depending which kind of games you like it`s difficult to answer your question about any worthwhile games. Yes, it can be fun if you play as a family, and is also a nice tool for voice control in certain games. If you`re like myself though, and enjoy sitting and chilling while playing..(lazy gamer), then Kinect is not for you in my opinion.

Kinect is not for the lazy gamer. My kids play with mine more than I do, and depending which kind of games you like it`s difficult to answer your question about any worthwhile games. Yes, it can be fun if you play as a family, and is also a nice tool for voice control in certain games. If you`re like myself though, and enjoy sitting and chilling while playing..(lazy gamer), then Kinect is not for you in my opinion.

Yeah don't really think its for me thanks for the help

The best thing about the Kinect is that it forces you to get up off your couch. The first time everyone plays a Wii game they emulate the actual movement but then eventually everyone realizes you can just flick the remote from the couch.

The Dance games and multiplayer games are really fun when you are willing to get over the embarrassment.

While the dance games and Fruit Ninja are very fun games (and can be a decent workout), it is hard to say if it is worth the cost of the device. If you can find a used one for cheap, I'd say go for it, or if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket...

Personally, I don't think Kinect is worth the $150 price tag.

To be fair, there are some good games on Kinect like the Dance Central series. But many are plagued with movement/pose recognition problems. And games that claim to be "Better With Kinect" are either mere gimmicks or detrimental compared to simple controller gaming.

I bought the Kinect with the intention of trying to get fit and it's certainly gets you off your seat and your blood pumping. I bought the Kinect Sports double pack and really enjoy the games. I'm planning on getting Tiger Woods PGA tour 13 next year which you can use with the Kinect so am really excited about that. If you game alone alot you may not use the Kinect as much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You will need plenty of space to use it. I have a fairly large room that it is in and I have trouble getting it to recognize my feet from the floor. Makes it had to get 100% dance move or yoga position. If you are not a perfectionist and dont mind big brother in your livingroom (1984) and are looking for a new fun way to work out GET IT.

The kinect isn't really worth it in my opinion. I have one and the last time I can recall playing it was when I first got it too try it out. The games are ok and some games don't even detect your movement which gets annoying. The kinect also makes you look like an idiot in your own home. Other than that the kinect is dead to me it just sits there like my wii acting as a dust magnet.

The kinect isn't really worth it in my opinion. I have one and the last time I can recall playing it was when I first got it too try it out. The games are ok and some games don't even detect your movement which gets annoying. The kinect also makes you look like an idiot in your own home. Other than that the kinect is dead to me it just sits there like my wii acting as a dust magnet.

Are you in the UK? Do you want to sell it?

I love the Kinect, but I feel that the game list is poor. If you are a hardcore gamer, you will probably not enjoy the Kinect, but it's great for casual games. I personally love Kinect Sports, and am having fun with Kinect Star Wars. It's great if you have a lot of friends/family that visit as well. Overall, if you do purchase the Kinect I advise picking up:

Kinect Sports Season 1 and 2

Kinect Star Wars

PowerUp Heroes

For most of these games, if you are looking to only max them, grab them preowned from gamestop because they do not take long to max and can be pricey for the playtime they offer.

The Kinect games I've bought are usually either awesome or failures, so it's better to wait for a few reviews before splashing out in case the concept is great but they flunked the controls or need more space than you have. Child of Eden is a good game to test the concept for adults, and the Dance Central series if you want to keep kids out of the way at parties.