My Guide to NYM: Hardcore

Infernal

Soo we are all of what you have to do for this achievement, and yes this achievement does require skill and patience, but in all honesty I was able to get this achievement on my first attempt of New York Minute Hardcore.

I am going to break down a little guide of what I think will help you get through this as easily as I did.

These are not in order of importance, because they are all equally important.

1. PATIENCE: This entire playthrough skipping as many cutscenes as possible took me around 4 and a half hours. SO don't start the game unless you know you'll be able to finish it. I always find it easier to play through games in the morning after a nice big meal.

2. TIME: time is a big factor, and since you start off the first level with only 1 minute (60 seconds) you'll want to rack up as much time in these earlier levels, because once you progress through the later levels, the enemies get harder, and you'll be wanting to sit back and take your time, not rushing through the game.

3. HEADSHOTS: always always always go for headshots and never settle for anything less than those beautiful +6 seconds you get for headshotting an enemy. You'll always find it easier to only have to put 1 shot into an enemy instead of an entire clip if you were to shoot their body.

4. BULLET TIME: This is incredible, you'll always need to have bullet time, but in order to so you must kill people while out of bullet time. Whenever you sneak up to enemies kill the first guy or two from cover not in bullet time, because the rest of his mates will shoot at you building up your bullet time.

5. NEVER BULLET DODGE: I think bullet dodge in this game is entirely broken due to the fact that when you hit the ground you are completely exposed in the open and when you are getting up off the ground you're basically F***ed.. Sooo stick to just bullet time.

6. HEALTH: this is incredibly important which is why I made a complete painkiller guide to every painkiller in every level, so use it and abuse it because you'll wanna have max health every level, and when it comes to missions 7-14 this will really benefit you.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371779

7. GEOGRAPHY: It's important to know every level inside and out, and where every enemy comes from, and believe me, it's a lot easier than it sounds, because after 4 playthroughs I knew exactly where I would be getting attacked from which really helps you during fights, because there will be no surprises.

8. LAST STAND: Since you do have last stand it makes this playthrough a little easier, but for your sake pay attention to your health, I went into last stand once, and I always couldn't hit the guy since he was behind a tree in the bus fight at the end of chapter X. Always stay at max health, use your painkillers as much as possible, and avoid putting yourself in situations where you need to go into last stand.

9. CONFIDENCE: Have confidence, and don't do anything too daring that you know might you killed. Always just sit in cover, and never get caught running out. Believe in yourself and you'll get this done (:

I hope this helps some of you (:

Thanks, great Guide but you forgot..

10. LUCK: Luck is the biggest Factor of all in this Mode, there are hundreds thousands of Glitches that can and will happen after you had the Luck to manage all the other little Luck based Situation, so if you have no Luck, Point 1. PATIENCE will become even more important, because you will repeat it Hours of Hours of Hours in the Hope to have the Luck that you once perhaps with much Luck manage to not encounter a Gamebreaking Glitch... Did you ever win a big, i mean really big, amount of Money in Lottery? If you can answer this with Yes, its good, if not, this Mode is probably not for you... rofl

10. LUCK: Luck is the biggest Factor of all in this Mode, there are hundreds thousands of Glitches that can and will happen after you had the Luck to manage all the other little Luck based Situation, so if you have no Luck, Point 1. PATIENCE will become even more important, because you will repeat it Hours of Hours of Hours in the Hope to have the Luck that you once perhaps with much Luck manage to not encounter a Gamebreaking Glitch... Did you ever win a big, i mean really big, amount of Money in Lottery? If you can answer this with Yes, its good, if not, this Mode is probably not for you... rofl

Ahh you bastard beat me to it :p

Number 1 should be luck-Pray you game does not fail!

Great guide Infernal. I'm saving NYM HC till I have everything but the Rank 50 cheevo complete. I agree about Shootdodge, Bullettime works so much better. I feel like I'll be able to do it, I mean I crushed Becker on Old School and Hardcore it's just the few moments before that I'm worried about.

Luck. Yeah, totally agree with that since I've been screwed over twice now.

Can anyone tell me why you randomly pop out of cover sometimes after killing one of the snipers on level 12? It's checkpoint 9, I think, if anyone wants to test it out.

Thanks for your guide infernal.

I finished my NYM run yesterday and so far chapter 3 and 13 gave me the most pain.

I had a couple of glitches occur to me like falling through the floor in ch 3 and being shot by the tank in chapter 13 right after the sequence where max rushes into cover without ever touching the controller.

I'm gonna give NYM HC a go tomorrow hoping that I don't screw up or are being screwed over by the game.

A couple of people already did it, so I have hope.

Using BT over shootdodge is definately they way to go.

5. NEVER BULLET DODGE: I think bullet dodge in this game is entirely broken due to the fact that when you hit the ground you are completely exposed in the open and when you are getting up off the ground you're basically F***ed.. Sooo stick to just bullet time.

I agree with that but sometimes it also saved my life. At least know IN WHICH DIRECTION you will do it. If it goes bad you land at a wrong spot where you get killed immediately while getting up.

From one cover to the next would be the best choice.

To all your other points Infernal, pretty well done! Nothing more to add. ;)

What Sensitivity settings did you play on? Cause im finding that most of the time i either fly by the headshot or it just moves to slow?

If you ask me (probably don't haha) I have 7/7/7. Check in here for more infos of other users:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371753

lol...

@ inferno

is there a timer on the screen when playin this mode with peoples score? i found that this taunted me on my play thrus to do stupid things because i was always trying to beat the high score. also thanks for both guides im going to use it when i attempt this after i complete the online.

3. HEADSHOTS: always always always go for headshots and never settle for anything less than those beautiful +6 seconds.
Is it me or does anyone else get 5 seconds for a body shot? There's not much of a difference and sometimes setting up a head shot from a distance is a bitch, just work the body with some rapid fire weapons. :uzi:

I've attempted NYMH 2 times now. The first time I died from a stray grenade and the second was when I was changing weapons and accidentally went into last stand when my primary was a grenade launcher. The advice I could give is never use a grenade launcher unless your quick on the painkillers, shooting cars for time, or on chapter 13 after destroying the tank (shoot all the guys coming through the opening gate and then clear rooms carefully with precise nade shots). Also, if I had to rate the difficulty I would say its medium difficulty with perhaps a slight faster Slo Mo drain. Ive ran out in the open very often and it seems to take twice as long for me to drop as compared to Hard mode.

The Best is to never use the Grenadelauncher in NYMHC, especially not in Chapter 13, i used it there and died 8 Times out of 10 because of the Last Stand Bug and half of the Time they simply don't die, even if the Grenade is thrown directly in Front of them.

I managed however to get under the Top 5 Worldwide in Chapter 13, and this probably only because i had Luck and was able to kill all the Dudes with Grenades including the ones by the Lift.

Also for the Section with the Lift i can give you some Hints now, throw a Grenade in the room with the two Dudes and look that the Glass is broken before going in that Room. Then after the Cutscreen, quickly switch Weapons and throw one or two Grenades into the Lift to the Right, if you manage to get all Dudes, wait 3 Seconds and throw Grenades to the Lift on the Left. Its because the one to the Right opens first, and then after ~5 Seconds the one to the Left.

But if you then see that there are still some Green Lasers, immediately switch to a Gun, else you gonna restart the Chapter for sure.

I managed to kill all with only two Grenades there, but it was luck, if you miss one with the first you are pissed, so only try this to get a good Time, certainly not in NYMHC Mode.

Even while using the Grenadelauncher on the Outside where the Dudes comes out of the Gate, there is a high Risk of being killed by a Last Stand Glitch if you can't switch to a Gun fast enough. So for minimal Risk, while you are there where the Grenadelauncher actually is, throw one to the Right where the Gate opens and perhaps one in the Edge to the Right, but then instantly switch to a Gun!

And especially in the Room with the Lockers the Risk is freaking high to get a Last Stand Glitch and if you are not very carefully even a Physicsbug can kill you because the Grenade gets thrown into the Air or simply does not fly where you are aiming to.

The Best is to never use the Grenadelauncher in NYMHC, especially not in Chapter 13, i used it there and died 8 Times out of 10 because of the Last Stand Bug and half of the Time they simply don't die, even if the Grenade is thrown directly in Front of them.

I managed however to get under the Top 5 Worldwide in Chapter 13, and this probably only because i had Luck and was able to kill all the Dudes with Grenades including the ones by the Lift.

Also for the Section with the Lift i can give you some Hints now, throw a Grenade in the room with the two Dudes and look that the Glass is broken before going in that Room. Then after the Cutscreen, quickly switch Weapons and throw one or two Grenades into the Lift to the Right, if you manage to get all Dudes, wait 3 Seconds and throw Grenades to the Lift on the Left. Its because the one to the Right opens first, and then after ~5 Seconds the one to the Left.

But if you then see that there are still some Green Lasers, immediately switch to a Gun, else you gonna restart the Chapter for sure.

I managed to kill all with only two Grenades there, but it was luck, if you miss one with the first you are pissed, so only try this to get a good Time, certainly not in NYMHC Mode.

Even while using the Grenadelauncher on the Outside where the Dudes comes out of the Gate, there is a high Risk of being killed by a Last Stand Glitch if you can't switch to a Gun fast enough. So for minimal Risk, while you are there where the Grenadelauncher actually is, throw one to the Right where the Gate opens and perhaps one in the Edge to the Right, but then instantly switch to a Gun!

And especially in the Room with the Lockers the Risk is freaking high to get a Last Stand Glitch and if you are not very carefully even a Physicsbug can kill you because the Grenade gets thrown into the Air or simply does not fly where you are aiming to.

Using a grenade launcher is a huge risk, because you really cannot control where that son of a bitch shoots.. So I would suggest just using guns, because that's what I did and I had no problems.

Ok Another question is in NYMHC does blowing up vehicles give you lots of extra time like it does in NYM? And am i suppose to be returning to the Chapter Select screen every time im done with the chapter stupid question maybe but i really dont fell like playing this campain more times then i have to.

As i know NYMHC is Continuous, so no Chapterscreen like NYM, but if you die by your fault or because the Game glitches or for other Reason like Powercut, pressing Discdrivebutton to early or what ever, you start on Chapter 1 again.

Also some Cutsscreens are left out and other can be skipped, but there are still a lot unskippable Cutsscreens.

Luck. Yeah, totally agree with that since I've been screwed over twice now.

Can anyone tell me why you randomly pop out of cover sometimes after killing one of the snipers on level 12? It's checkpoint 9, I think, if anyone wants to test it out.

Because of that i failed at my first attempt

I killed one sniper, poped out of cover and the other sniper killed me in the wink of an eye.

Its a stupid bug :(

Ok Another question is in NYMHC does blowing up vehicles give you lots of extra time like it does in NYM?

YES. They give you about 10 seconds and usually take out a few enemies for you, pretty certain blowing up cars/trucks is the only way to get Platinums on Chapter 4, Part 1 (Escape From the Hoboken Bar) and Chapter 5, Part 2 (Speedboat LMG mission)

YES. They give you about 10 seconds and usually take out a few enemies for you, pretty certain blowing up cars/trucks is the only way to get Platinums on Chapter 4, Part 1 (Escape From the Hoboken Bar) and Chapter 5, Part 2 (Speedboat LMG mission)

Any other benifits on getting Platinum on Chapters besides leaderboard times. Sorry bout all the questions im deployed and the internet here isnt that great to be surfing around for answers.

Any other benifits on getting Platinum on Chapters besides leaderboard times. Sorry bout all the questions im deployed and the internet here isnt that great to be surfing around for answers.

Yeah you unlock different avatars for you multiplayer loadouts. In other words you can unlock characters. The bullshit part of this, you have to go PLATINUM on Score Attack + NYM.