AWESOME! but i cant do the combat challenges

Majorgamer123

I cant beat the combat challenges!can i have help?!?!?!?

Try doing the first level over and over again until you can do all rounds without taking any damage...that should get you ready to try and beat the rest.

My biggest tip is to take your time. DO NOT BUTTON MASH. That kills your combo and you cant get as high of a score.

Hope this helps

This one killed me too. Take each level on it's own. Learn patterns and techniques. I'd start most of the challenges first rounds with the Batclaw to take 3 guys down and focus on the 2 or 3 left standing. This really helped on the Extreme versions of the challenges.

Also try and use the environment to your advantage. Instead of using the takedown attack, try throwing them into other thugs or, even better, electric barriers and ff the map entirely. Really racks up the variation bonus.

• 3 weeks later...

when i first played this game i thought the combat challenges were really hard, but for some reason after playing Arkham City i got a lot better at the combat challenges... i think its cuz AC has a smoother flow but you just gotta try to keep it simple by punching and jumping and not letting the combo come to an end... the challenges in AC are better&harder

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea I think the Assassin's Creed Series kinda babied me a little too much. These combat challenges really suck. I've learned that button mashing is the worst thing you can do because if you attack without targeting someone, your combo will end and kill your chances at getting a high score. What you want to do is use as much variety as you can, make sure you have all of the upgrades, and don't get hit.

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed the story mode playthrough on hard as it sharpened up my fighting skills since you don't get the graphic alerts over enemies heads when they're about to attack. You learn to take your time more and try to watch which enemy is going to attack you next.

I think I was originally too hung up on not getting hit or getting a flawless on each round. Like someone else touched on if you can get used to using a wide variety of moves and try to throw people off ledges and into fences then you can end up with 3000 points odd in your variation bonus at the end.

The combat challenges are pretty darned tough though! I think I've still two to finish and a predator challenge to complete for my 100%...

• 3 weeks later...
Try doing the first level over and over again until you can do all rounds without taking any damage...that should get you ready to try and beat the rest.

My biggest tip is to take your time. DO NOT BUTTON MASH. That kills your combo and you cant get as high of a score.

Hope this helps

Honestly that's the best advice, button mashing will kill your flow and chance of sick combos. And it helps if you're playing on normal.

• 3 months later...
I cant beat the combat challenges!can i have help?!?!?!?

Don't give up, persistence is key.

It seemed the only way I was able to finish the Combat challenges was to finish the first two rounds perfectly.

In the first two rounds or even the third if you can, go for these goals.

Variation bonus 5000 - Use all of Batmans combos in one flow

Flawless Freeflow bonus 1000 - Beat a round in one flowing combo

Dark Knight bonus 500 - Beat a round without taking damage

Perfect Knight bonus 5000 - Beat an entire challenge without taking damage

On top of that, go for large combos as that is a super easy way to rack up the points. ;)

• 1 month later...
On top of that, go for large combos as that is a super easy way to rack up the points. ;)

I actually think that this is the most important piece of advice. If you manage to get a fairly high (20+) combo, the special moves (X+A, Y+B, RT+X etc) start to become worth so much that you don't really need the other bonuses.

My core tactic is to build up a combo with standard attacks and counters and as soon as you think you're going to drop the combo (whether that's because a guy with a stun baton is about to hit you, or because you're not positioned very well) us Y+B to immediately down someone (even works on the stun baton guys). You can rinse and repeat this for most of the fights.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...