Movie refrences

gazmaster1

Looks like this one is going to be full of classic movie references like the first, only got to the first boss and already they got in a Predator reference. See you at the party richter!

Edit: Also post any pop culture references including music, tv and any thing else you can think of that made you laugh.

Edited by gazmaster1

Yeh Twisted pixel seem to be good at that. Comic Jumper was full to the brim with movie quotes & references.

Away to play the beta now.

EDIT: Half way through the second level. She says "I'll never let you go Jack". Which will be from Titanic.

Edited by GDMFS0AB

• 1 month later...
In the prologue the giant robot smashes through the wall and says "Here's Johnny!" This is probably from the Stephen King movie "The Shining".

It's possible that I just misheard, but I believe he said "Heeeeeere's Johnny...Five!", making it a double reference to both The Shining and the robot from the Short Circuit movies.

Also, when the robot first arrives he says "I'm your boyfriend now!", which is a quote from A Nightmare On Elm Street. I love these little things they throw in, unlocked the full version today and am loving it!

Edit: She's just said "Nobody puts baby in the corner!", which is from Dirty Dancing :p

Edited by Didi Mau

Just had her say 'I'll have what she's having' which is from When Harry Met Sally, i think.

And 'Take my breath away' is a song from Top Gun.

'You had me at hello' from Jerry Maguire.

'I'm ready for my close up, Mr De Mille' is from Sunset Boulevard.

Edited by Burgon

She also says 'I'll never let go, Jack!" from the Titanic

Songs:

Poker Face - Lady Gaga

Single Ladies - Beyonce

Diva - Beyonce

Vogue - Madonna

Like a Virgin - Madonna

Wannabe - Spice Girls

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

and i'm sure i'm missing some others

Edited by Mil

"Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?" is from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and she does a brilliant Veruca Salt voice to go with it :p

There's also "I must break you" in the final boss' mid-match screens, which is appropriately from Rocky IV. And as it hasn't been mentioned yet, the intro to level 2-1 with Mandy is a reference to Total Recall.

Didn't read post #7 did you? ;)

The funny thing is, I re-read the posts twice during my post preview to make sure it wasn't already posted haha :p Silly ol' alcohol.

Here's another one then! The timed bombs that you sit on have saddles on them, making it a likely reference to Dr. Stangelove where Major Kong straddles and rides a launched H-bomb like a rodeo cowboy.

There's a couple more Ghostbusters references.

A box pops up at some point telling you about your Ghost, and it says "I AIN'T 'FRAID OF NO GHOST"

There's also a Banner on Level 1-1 with "Conglaturation" on it, which is an obvious reference to the main spelling error that comes up at the top of the screen that appears after you complete Ghostbusters on the NES.

Usually, along with "Consider this a divorce" she says "You're fired" from True Lies. She also sings I'm Just a Girl by No Doubt. Also, after she sings "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get my friends" she says "Ew."

She does the Macarena.

There's also a Banner on Level 1-1 with "Conglaturation" on it, which is an obvious reference to the main spelling error that comes up at the top of the screen that appears after you complete Ghostbusters on the NES.

Dude! Great find! I didn't even take the time to really look at the banners. I just thought they were all generic "CONGRATULATIONS!" Great eye.