Are the achievements glitched???

porkchop547

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, message Bertie at Eurogamer.

Someone else shoud do it. Maybe somebody from the fabulous 4 :p (Master_D, FarmerJay, JieXY, Shenron, I'm speaking of you:))

I just sent a message to Dan Webb, the admin of xbox360achievements. We'll see what happens...

EDIT:

You should take a look at that guys.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117325

And hope that M$ releases a patch that enable erasing games we don't want...

Edited by JeanRob

I just finished the 1st DLC chapter(Chapter 8th overall) and I got 3 achievements. One was for completing the 8th chapter.

That's good for you, I also unlocked the dlc achievements without a problem. You know why we didn't have a problem? because we haven't unlocked any multiplayer achievements. Of course you'd know this if you'd bothered to read about the glitch in the first place, on the numerous threads about it plastered all over these forums. Instead of writing shit in response to other peoples posts.

"Son, get an education. If your point is that EA doesn't care then that phrase should read, "they couldn't care less." GOT IT? GOOD! Now find something more constructive to do than your sniveling."

Here's where I am confused....

I just played the DLC tonite with a friend.

Before we did the DLC however, we both did "DIY PMC" mask creator achievement at the same time.

After the DLC, my friend had all 8 DLC achievements.

I had all but 1......"Paging Dr. Wu" didn't unlock for me....:confused:

I'm gonna shut down and retry.....

Wow, I can't believe a mod erased the boycott EA thread. I mean it wasn't locked, no one was warned. Nope they just decided to erase it from existence. I kind of want to know why.

Anyway, I'll restate in here what I stated in there. Before I do though I would hope that each of you who feel strongly about this would contact both EA and Microsoft asking for a refund, contact the media, the better business bureau, and anyone else you think can help and then report back here the results.

Here's what I stated that was erased:

What EA has done is in violation of a number of states consumer protection laws. It's called false advertising and deceptive practices. Let me go through it with you.

EA distributed a faulty product. They advertised that if you bought their product and did certain things you would receive 250 Xbox achievement points or PS3 trophy points. (You probably think that doesn't matter much, but this is an entire website devoted to unlocking those achievements, so it appears that some people do derive some utility (i.e. enjoyment) from unlocking those achievements. EA's glitch makes it impossible for some to ever unlock those achievements without a patch)

They had knowledge the product was faulty (at least in the case of the PS3 distribution. They acknowledged the problem with the Xbox DLC before distributing the PS3 DLC with the exact same problem.)

They refused to acknowledge the problem until the problem was publicized via various forms of media including the short program accessible via the xbox dashboard, I think called sent u a message. Before that, EA customer support would either call customers liars or tell them it was an in game issue they could not resolve.

To quite the media and the end users of the product they released a statement stating, "it is being looked into."

Since then they've given their fans a big middle finger, essentially stating that if a cost benefit analysis shows that enough people have been effected (enough I assume means enough to cause more media attention. law suits, and better business bureau complaints and effect their bottom line profits) then they'll go back and fix their faulty product. Here read it in their own words:

"[The development team is] collecting data from the community and [is] examining solutions if they determine enough customers have the problem and the problem is technically addressable with a patch, or if a work around is possible....." So essentially they said they will only fix the DLC if "enough" customers experience the glitch. In addition they refuse to provide refunds for those of us who did experience the glitch.

In addition they stated: "Certainly development will use the information gathered to ensure that this problem does not occur in future releases, however it is impossible to guarantee that this will ever be fixed in the current version."

Wow, I can't believe a mod erased the boycott EA thread. I mean it wasn't locked, no one was warned. Nope they just decided to erase it from existence. I kind of want to know why.

Might be because of me. I warned the mods of Wanz1 attitude. Erasing the whole thing was a lame way to end the futile arguing but efficient nonetheless.

Might be because of me. I warned the mods of Wanz1 attitude. Erasing the whole thing was a lame way to end the futile arguing but efficient nonetheless.

Lol, now that's funny. I kinda figured it was something like that.... Just as long as they didn't erase it to save face with EA.

Finally bit the bullet and downloaded the DLC... Damnit. When the first couple cheevos popped I though maybe I was lucky. The mask one, Dr. Wu one, and killing Jonah all worked, but none of the others did. I know I'm not a game programmer, but I would think fixing an achievement problemwould be relatively simple compared to designing an entire video game. This isn't a matter of CAN'T fixx the probem, it's that they WON'T fix it. I think that game companies are starting to lose sight of the fact that they wouldn't be successful if it weren't for us. Why they insist on continuing to alienate us is beyond me.

Edited by SubtleSarcasm

Here's where I am confused....

I just played the DLC tonite with a friend.

Before we did the DLC however, we both did "DIY PMC" mask creator achievement at the same time.

After the DLC, my friend had all 8 DLC achievements.

I had all but 1......"Paging Dr. Wu" didn't unlock for me....:confused:

I'm gonna shut down and retry.....

The EXACT same thing happened to me, same situation and all. I'm so mad!

I'm starting to wonder if that patch is ever going to happen...

There have been a few posts they deleted, one as recently as today 6/3/10. It seems like their forum has a plant in it, arguing in their behalf under the guise of a gamer "fiery grave" or they guy just loves being a door mat.

Anyways, if achievements/trophies weren't important they wouldn't have added them/advertised them because they know it's a major selling point

funny this i have unlocked 3 of the 8 achievements lol i havent unlocked the playthrough ones of completeling the story even though i ran it through on easy tonight i will complete on hard may be that will unlock it lol

I think this is really just the next step in their project 10 dollar. Now not only do you have o pay to unlock content for full retail games after you already bought the game, now you also have to buy DLC, and then pay more to actually unlock the achievements for said content. Probably about half of whatever the original cost of the DLC was. This is to combat people that go to their friends houses and play the DLC on their 360 instead of buying it themselves. But if you ask EA, they'll say it is in the gamers' best interestes that we get doube/triple/quadruple charged for stuff that should have been in the game to begin with on release.

I've just remembered something - Bad Company 1 had an achievement glitch that took ONE YEAR to fix. So don't hold your breath people...you'll die.

It's still not fixed properly after 3 years, many of us are still waiting...

Bad company was released june 2008 which is not 3 years and the i am bad company achievement was never fixed for original players like myself only new players due to a glitch with online award counting. Anyone with this problem check out the ea forums there is a DICE guy in there called JoeGrant says its getting fixed (eventually) very soon.