Best Soundtrack in a game

Rymt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much every Tony Hawk soundtrack before THUG 2 because IMO THUG 2's soundtrack was garbage. American Wasteland had a pretty average soundtrack. But THPS 1 - 4 all had AMAZING soundtracks imo.

Also, Zelda OoT has a lot of good soundtracks and songs in it. Song of Storm was and still is my favorite song from OoT.

• 8 months later...

The new intro songs to certain games that I love are: Valiant Hearts: The Great War and Ori and the Blind Forest. Just love the startup music in the menus there.

As for full game soundtracks, it would have to be Ocarina of Time, FFVII, FFX, Skyrim, Halo, and GTA Vice City. I still have the CD box set from Vice City and listen to it often.

I'd have to say Fable. It really established a mood for the game. Either dangerous or whimsical, it hit on all cylinders.

And as others have said, any soundtrack for GTA just kicks ass. Rockstar picks the best music across all genres. I literally turned the radio stations off in Sleeping Dogs because the music was so horrible. Watch Dogs too.

I love so many soundtracks! I don't think I can choose an absolute favourite, but one of my favourites would have to be Shadow of the Colossus.

Same, SotC is great! Ico has a nice soundtrack too, I love the tune that plays when you're on a save bench.

Lots of game soundtracks that I like, Silent Hill 2, Monkey Island, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Blood Dragon, Deus Ex 3, various bits from the Castlevanias.

Been listening to some of Bloodborne's OST recently. Wasn't a huge fan of most of the music in Dark Souls but I'm liking Bloodborne's OST.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by LickableLemons7

Same, SotC is great! Ico has a nice soundtrack too, I love the tune that plays when you're on a save bench.

Lots of game soundtracks that I like, Silent Hill 2, Monkey Island, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Blood Dragon, Deus Ex 3, various bits from the Castlevanias.

Been listening to some of Bloodborne's OST recently. Wasn't a huge fan of most of the music in Dark Souls but I'm liking Bloodborne's OST.

I wasn't either but I really like the soundtrack for Firelink Shrine. That violin playing is so beautiful.

I'd have to say Fable. It really established a mood for the game. Either dangerous or whimsical, it hit on all cylinders.

And as others have said, any soundtrack for GTA just kicks ass. Rockstar picks the best music across all genres. I literally turned the radio stations off in Sleeping Dogs because the music was so horrible. Watch Dogs too.

While I agree with you on Watch_Dogs, which was literally random songs jumbled together with no rhyme or reason, Sleeping Dogs had a decent set of radio stations with some unusual music. Granted you have to like unusual music, sure, but still it was interesting that they tried to give spotlight to more than just the usual handful of music genres. I was astonished by the fact that they had a whole Ninja Tune station that spins some pretty cool tunes (again, depending on your taste).

But to each their own. :)

• 4 weeks later...

It has been at least 5 years since i last played these games and i can still remember most of the songs:

Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon

If its not 360, my vote goes to either Super Mario Bros (NES) or my personal favorite MacDonaldsland (Commodore Amiga)

• 1 month later...

Actually, I prefer the more softer, laid back songs. Like the following...

Pacifidlog Town - Pokemon: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Clotho - Columns (For the Genesis fan in you!)

7 PM - Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Theme - Animal Crossing (For good measure.)