Tooled Up Achievement: A Way To Fix Glitch

NMYSCOPES

I reached level 50 last night and was thinking I would get another weapon unlock at that level...I had no clue lev. 45 was suppose to be when I got my last unlock....I was about to shit bricks, but have heard that the way to fix the problem from close friends is either A) reboot nano suit (same as prestige) and it will either unlock right away or may take a few random extra games and then will unlock....B) which is the method I have heard works, but works so you don't lose your stuff that you have worked so hard for and can still get the achievement is once a lev. 50 get your hands on another code to reach the level 5 that comes in the "Limited Edition" and put it in and should grant you your last gun unlock without having to reset....this should work even if you have already used one of those codes once or not at all....I have my extra code and will be testing this tonight and let you guys know for sure.

***Please Note*** If you haven't gotten to a level 45 yet and are worried about this "glitching" on you or know a friend who is working on their ranks, make sure you do this: Unlock all GUNS from left to right without skipping over any guns. The main thing that causes the glitch is unlocking C4 last. Explosives you can unlock in whatever order like long as C4 is not the last thing purchased.

***Last thing*** I am not sure if the method I have provided has been posted on here b/c I gave up on reading the other posts prior to my post b/c it seemed everyone wanted to point fingers at the LE code being the cause....THE CODE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACHIEVEMENT GLITCHING. Enter it or don't...all the code does is saves you a little bit of time and gives you pointless crap and a gun skin that you can't even tell is on the gun. :uzi::locked Hopefully this will kill the lock on your achievement!

:eek::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::eek::Bounce:

Edited by NMYSCOPES
didn't proof read before submitting

Unlocking c4 last IS NOT the cause of the glitch, if you HAD taken the time to read the other treads you would have seen people saying they unlocked tooled up by getting c4 last. The left to right theory is also wrong as I didnt unlock stuff that way and still got the achievement.

According to the Crytek forums, the Tooled Up glitch happens when you get disconnected or quit during a game in which you get promoted and earn a weapon unlock. If this is true, then it really boils down to chance and there is nothing anyone can do about it (unless you are quitting of course). Now I'm paranoid about the host quitting every time I'm about to level up, I REALLY don't want to have to reboot and do it all over again.

Edited by SpectralWolf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with the tooled up achievement where I can't get the last unlock. I tried the nano theboot and that doesn't seem to be working either. I'm just wondering if I level back up to 39 to get the last weapon I need will it unlock the achievement due to the fact that I only needed one weapon. This has got to be the most frustrating achievement I've tried to get all due to the fact that they didn't test the game properly before they released it. Hopefully the issues are resolved soon.

I'm having the same problem with the tooled up achievement where I can't get the last unlock. I tried the nano theboot and that doesn't seem to be working either. I'm just wondering if I level back up to 39 to get the last weapon I need will it unlock the achievement due to the fact that I only needed one weapon. This has got to be the most frustrating achievement I've tried to get all due to the fact that they didn't test the game properly before they released it. Hopefully the issues are resolved soon.

I've heard that that has worked for some people.

They only got 1 unlock at 45 instead of 2, happend to me as well :(, so they rebooted and leveld up till they could unlock the one they didn't last time through and when they did the achievement popped.

As for crytek saying it bugs if you quit a game when you would have leveld up and gotten an unlock, that still doesn't explain why I only got 1 unlock at 45.

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of these methods work. I have to reboot TWICE and I still don't have the achievement. The glitch happens because of the flaky hosting. If the host drops when you are supposed to unlock a "weapon unlock" token then you lose that token (at least that's what happened to me twice). This game can suck my tits.

Neither of these methods work. I have to reboot TWICE and I still don't have the achievement. The glitch happens because of the flaky hosting. If the host drops when you are supposed to unlock a "weapon unlock" token then you lose that token (at least that's what happened to me twice). This game can suck my tits.

Have you tried to enter the bonus code twice?

• 4 months later...

Hey guys is there actually any solution to this glitchy tooled up achievement Ive got all weapons all grenades and DLC weapons but no achievement, Im half way to rank 50 so once i get there I dont know what the best option is to try and get tooled up to pop :( Be very thankful for any support and guidance

xDeaDlAiMx

Anyone have any new ways to try to fix this glitch? I heard of people doing lots of things to fix it, however none have worked for me. I didn't lose any coins and actually unlocked everything. After that I tried:

-level to 50 and reboot

-clear cache

-recover gamertag on other xbox and play

-singleplayer first

I never had a code to use for instant level 5 so that's all I would have left... Any ideas? Is it even worth my time to try again even though I unlocked everything once so far?

• 3 months later...