Where are you pre-ordering

Breeding

Yeah none of the in-game stuff struck me as more interesting than the other, really. At first I wanted the USB drive but I'm going with the GameStop pre-order. I mean, personally pre-ordering at Best Buy is inconvenient for more, so I would've gone with GS or Amazon. Though I had thought the cards you got at GameStop were some silly trading cards or something, I didn't realize they were stylized tarot cards. So I'm looking forward to getting those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I preorder all my games from amazon.

I preordered occasionally from them until they fucked me over and didn't send Borderlands 2 when it released. So now I'm sticking 100% with EB Games / Gamestop. They always get games to me on release day and they usually have the best bonuses, even if they are pointless. So I already preordered from them.

I pre-ordered at GameStop. I used to use Best Buy so I could get the points for certificates. But I got so fed up with the way they don't know how to organize these kinds of promotions. So now I go to GameStop for all of my gaming purchases. I used to hate this chain with a passion due to their underhanded tactics in certain areas. But they built a new one near where I live a few years ago. This one is staffed extremely well with competent people that are actually gamers. So they know what they're doing.

GameStop usually has the best pre-order incentives. The ones for this game look very cool. I'm always excited to get a nice physical item for a game I'm interested in. The tarrot cards look amazing. And the added DLC seems really useful too. :)

I pre-ordered from the microsoft store. They have/had (not sure if it's still going on) a promotion to receive 1600 msp and $10 credit towards a future purchase if you pre-order select games. I won't be getting it on release, but that doesn't bother me much considering I'm getting $30 in extra shit.

I pre-ordered from the microsoft store. They have/had (not sure if it's still going on) a promotion to receive 1600 msp and $10 credit towards a future purchase if you pre-order select games. I won't be getting it on release, but that doesn't bother me much considering I'm getting $30 in extra shit.

Sucks that it was US only. I think it was anyway...

Just found out EB Games has a deal where if you trade Dishonored in within the first week of release you get just $1 less than you paid for each day. I don't think I'll be taking advantage of this because I'm confident the game will be great, but it's cool to know if it sucks I have the option to nearly get a full refund.

I had it preordered through Amazon as I pre-order everything through them. Free release date delivery, and $10-$20 credit for a good amount of the games I pre-order. However, Dishonored didn't have the credit, and I want that lamp so I preordered at best buy yesterday and just canceled my Amazon one. It sucks that I will have to pay for it, (I have a little over $100 in amazon credit currently), but I want that damn lamp.

All the hate for Gamestop is ridiculous if you ask me. I've ordered many, many, games from them and never once had a problem. Yeah they shaft you on trading in stuff but that's about it.

I love them. Sent the game Friday since Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada so I'll have it on release. Usually games are sent out on Mondays.

Also I don't find trade in values are bad. If you just go for trade ins towards new releases you get bonus percentages added on or the new games for 2 or 3 games. They always have trade in deals and if those deals are used, you don't get ripped off.

Who is hating on Gamestop? Or are you just speaking generally?

Well there was a guy above who said they had bad business practices which made me think about some of the general hate I've seen. Maybe you've seen the Gamefly commercial that clearly disses them, but I've also seen local stores where I live constantly insult them as well.

never, not into this game.

Then why the Hell are you posting on this forum? If you're not interesting in this game, then leave.

Well there was a guy above who said they had bad business practices which made me think about some of the general hate I've seen. Maybe you've seen the Gamefly commercial that clearly disses them, but I've also seen local stores where I live constantly insult them as well.

If you're referring to me making a comment about their business practices, I stand by that stance. I really like the new GameStop that I frequent. But these recent good experiences don't erase the myriad of negative ones I've had in the past. I'll explain so that I don't come off as a ignorant person that hates on things just for the sake of it. The things I was referring to that I hate about GameStop range from minor objections to major flaws in my opinion. A minor thing I don't like is that they stick those annoying stickers on the game case of older titles even if they're supposed to be New.

The major thing that I hate about them is that they gut copies of games and sell them as New. I'm sorry, maybe I'm old fashioned. But if you gut a game (open it and take all of the content out of it) then it's no longer New. Once you break the seal you shouldn't charge for a New item when it is in fact Used. It might seem trivial to some people. But to a collector such as myself, it really irritates me.

Another huge flaw is that they employ people that are completely incompetent. They know absolutely nothing about video games and have no business working in a store that sells them. They are often times very rude too. That definitely isn't all of the stores. But it happens to be true for the majority of the GameStops I've used over the years. Some are far worse than others.

But like I said before, I love the one I go to now. I've never had a single problem with them. :) Also they do absolutely screw people over when it comes to game trades. But I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't trade in games or buy used. So it doesn't affect me.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

Kinda annoyed that you have to preorder from Tesco to get the assassin pack, even though it's £32.99 with a £5 off voucher i don't want to risk not getting it till the middle of next week so i'm getting it from shopto.

They should've just put a code in the box that gave you the option to choose which DLC you wanted no matter where you got it from.