Sam Guevenne - Sanguine's rose

dudley

He was in whiterun for me. I would recommend checking out all the Inn's in each major city. You will come across him eventually.

This ^ I hung around the Inn in Ivarstead and eventually just gave up and moved on. Ran into him shortly later on in Whiterun. The x360a guide mention that he is showing up in different places for different people. Just keep looking, it's a fun quest :)

• 1 month later...
I started a new game to get the daedric artifacts and again, he was in Riften. I've started another new game, this time just for doing everythhing possible, with no fast travelling, and again he was in Riften. Seems to like Riften on my 360.

He's quite the joker. Loves messing with people, making this quest impossible to know-how to do. Oh well, better keep looking in the inns.

This guy was an absolute pain in the arse to find, I swear I went round everywhere three times looking round for him in every inn and couldn't find him. I was level 20-something as well. Eventually I found him in Dead Man's Drink after I'd finished the main story, despite the fact that I'd searched there several times for the bastard.

I've used that staff and it's pretty helpful when you've got a lot of enemies or pretty powerful ones coming after you. The Dremora has good combat skills and lasts quite a while. With the exception of one time, they always outlast the battle in my experience (playing on Adept).

Conjure Dremora Lord is amazing (the spell). I play on master and the only thing my Dremora Lord's can't beat in 1 life are Elder/Ancient Dragon's, Briarhearts and any type of supermancer (thin line here, sometimes they do). Supermancer eg. Master Pyromancer and shit like that.

• 1 year later...
So i know there's an inn in Ivarstead, Riftin, Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and two in Whiterun, and i've looked all these places for this sam clown. Does anyone know what other bars i can check?

You first have to be at least Level 14. Then he just randomly will show up in any local pub. It could be any one, so if you just keep visiting them...he should show up eventually.

You first have to be at least Level 14. Then he just randomly will show up in any local pub. It could be any one, so if you just keep visiting them...he should show up eventually.

It's whichever pub is closest to you when you hit level 14. So if you hit 14 fighting bandits outside of Whiterun, he would be found at the Bannered Mare. If you hit level 14 while in the Ratway in Riften, he'd appear at the Bee and Barb... etc, etc...