Dog Sled Contest

Ive just about run out of patience with this horrible game. A tutorial or an explanation as to why my sled gets damaged when I'm not hitting anything and going slow would be nice, but of course too easy.

Could someone please tell me how the hell am i supposed to finish the "Speed and Technique" race in the first region on podium.. Ive finished twice but both times i got a 1 minute penalty resulting in a ... LOSS ARRGGG!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My problem is damaging my sled, I've looked at the booklet it says "Damage to the sled occurs when you steer it over rocks on the race course." Firstly i know that hitting the white spots on the sides of the track damages the sled yes, but even if you don't steer the "autopilot" keeps you off them but the sled still gets damaged ARRG :mad::mad::mad::mad:. Anyway i drive as careful as i could and don't hit the side and slow down on bumps hills etc but my sled still gets OWNED!! Please help. :uzi::p<- Cabela

With the invisible walls and odd animal behavior I am not at all surprised by this inconsistency. I did nothing different than before and finished the race on my third try in third place. Region complete and onto the next, I am not looking forward to it. Death to Cabela and the infidels that made and published this awful game.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

On my third (wasted) attempt to complete the first dog sled race, my dogs were just crossing the finish line as my sled "wrecked." I hit no bumpy patches, kept the sled at a slow and decent pace, yet I am continually screwed by this chunk of the game that has NOTHING to do with hunting. Cabelas you have failed me, and the state of Alaska. You are the next Sarah Palin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
The gamefaq guide has a good tip for the dog sled - mush only twice at the beginning and you will remain at a manageable speed throughout the race. This helps avoiding damage and keeping dogs' stamina. You won't get gold, but you will pass pretty easily (at least I did, maybe I got lucky!).

Gonna try this... if it doesn't work... then I blow it up

OK the "2 Mush" thing worked, got Bronze but who cares... I completed it.

Edited by xBTCx Corrupted
update