Flowering Crab Apple Tree

Just thought I'd post a couple of strategies for getting this achievement. There are 2 that I know of, one that I can confirm works. The second requires you to currently be playing the Masters and is a little quicker, but a little tougher.

The first method, and the one that has been confirmed by a buddy of mine, is to go into your course mastery list in Road to the Masters. Select Augusta (should be the selected as soon as you go into the list) and hit :abut: to play the course. In the setup menu, go to "Course Options". Go down to Hole Select and set it at Custom Select. Now hit the :abut: button again and select ONLY hole 4, make sure there aren't any others selected. Set the pins to Thursday, the tees to white and start playing. If you don't make it, just quit and restart as your settings will be saved.

The second method requires you to be currently playing the Masters, as well as removes spin, power boost and leaves you at the mercy of the game as far as wind and rain. Once you get to the 4th hole, if you don't get your ace, just hit the start button then save and quit. DO NOT FINISH THE HOLE. Go back to tournament select, play the round and select the resume option. If for some reason you accidentally restart (I did this several times), just dashboard before finishing a hole and go back and select the resume option and you'll be back at the 4th.

Hope this helps. It can be used for mastery as well, if you need to eagle all par 5s or sink a 50 foot putt.

Edit: Hell yes! The first method works, and I just freakin confirmed myself!

Edited by Stewie Griffin2

Cannot for the life of me get this to fall, just tried for over an hour... any club suggestions?? My guys like all 80s if that helps w like 87 power or something, tried lofting my club to get more spin but it starts me w literally no focus anyways.

Screw this one for now.... For some reason it won't let me hit anything longer than an 8iron. I got Lw, Sw, pw, 9, 8, 5 WOOD, 3 WOOD...

Got my clubs to where i can hit an 8 to about 10 yds short ( perfect 7 (light 6)..;. nope.. can't select them

And anyone notice how when you want your ball to spin, it WONT and when you want it to check up it will come back or release about 30 ft!!!!

I've hit about 20 shots with the pin on friday (front) possition about 5 ft behind the cup and can't spin it back with a 9 or a PW (even tho my spin is maxxed out in the tuner...even tho with NO spin it will just plug!!

Cannot for the life of me get this to fall, just tried for over an hour... any club suggestions?? My guys like all 80s if that helps w like 87 power or something, tried lofting my club to get more spin but it starts me w literally no focus anyways.

Do it on amateur and you won't have to worry about focus.

As for club options, it's pretty hard for anyone to tell anyone else "use this club" because everyone tunes them different, and everyone carries different clubs. If I'm not mistaken, I was hitting a 7 iron trying to hit right at 99-100% at the Thursday (back left) tee. After a while, I realized that anything less than 96% without a 3+ MPH wind at my back wouldn't reach, so if I didn't hit at least that, I didn't even bother to wait for it to hit the green.

If you're in between clubs, try adding one to your bag to bridge the gap. Between that and using choke there's no reason to have to shoot for anything less than 95% power.

Edited by Stewie Griffin2

The first method, and the one that has been confirmed by a buddy of mine, is to go into your course mastery list in Road to the Masters. Select Augusta (should be the selected as soon as you go into the list) and hit :abut: to play the course. In the setup menu, go to "Course Options". Go down to Hole Select and set it at Custom Select. Now hit the :abut: button again and select ONLY hole 4, make sure there aren't any others selected. Set the pins to Thursday, the tees to white and start playing. If you don't make it, just quit and restart as your settings will be saved.

Is the Augusta Par 3 course, #4 hole the one you are referring to? I aced it and the achievement did not unlock, so I guess I am wrong. Even posted a Gamernet challenge titled "Achieve Did Not Unlock". I will feel like an idiot if I picked the wrong course, lol! At least I did get another hole-in-one (up to 13).

Is the Augusta Par 3 course, #4 hole the one you are referring to? I aced it and the achievement did not unlock, so I guess I am wrong. Even posted a Gamernet challenge titled "Achieve Did Not Unlock". I will feel like an idiot if I picked the wrong course, lol! At least I did get another hole-in-one (up to 13).

No you need to play Augusta National, not the Par 3.

No you need to play Augusta National, not the Par 3.

Thought I had made that mistake, thanks for letting me know. Just glad the achievement is not glitched.

Edit: Just got it! Lucked up on the Sunday pin location. Hit the ball a little stiff, it landed and rolled down the slope into the cup. Now if I could only get the Ping sponsor challenge amd sink a ball with an iron.

Edited by billjones0302

Thought I had made that mistake, thanks for letting me know. Just glad the achievement is not glitched.

Edit: Just got it! Lucked up on the Sunday pin location. Hit the ball a little stiff, it landed and rolled down the slope into the cup. Now if I could only get the Ping sponsor challenge amd sink a ball with an iron.

You're welcome.

I just cannot sink this no matter what I do... I've taken about 30 shots at it.. I've hit the stick, lipped out, rolled over the hole... any unmentioned tips?

I tried this many times. The way I did it was the Sunday pin location. For me I was able to use a 7 iron so that I could get enough kick forward for it to go in. It is definitely something that you just have to keep doing over and over.

I tried this many times. The way I did it was the Sunday pin location. For me I was able to use a 7 iron so that I could get enough kick forward for it to go in. It is definitely something that you just have to keep doing over and over.

Yeah I switched it to Sunday too - much better action around the pin. Just gotta keep at it I guess.

Thanks... finally got it after about 20min of playing it over and over... Now all I really have left is the 281 weeks at #1... :)

Back it up on a memcard if you have one. I played, literally, every tournament from my first year through my fifth, winning each tourney from my second year out. I'm at about 200 weeks at #1, and it's becoming tedious, so I'm trying to sneak my way to that achieve.