Achievement Guide and Road Map

Fizzmatix

Wow i spent 3 hours working on a guide last night and you havent even played the game yet? That's a little unfair.

Not flaming or anything but that doesn't seem to be fair. Aren't part of the X360a rules that you have to have played the game?

Did no one see this? I thought it was a bit true.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I snipped a few posts in here to keep it clean.

Quite simply, as long as the guide is GOOD and hasn't been stolen, it doesn't matter if the author has played the game or not. And if anyone thinks they can write a better guide, they're free to try. If it truly is better than this guide, it will be considered the best guide on the site. That's kind of the point of x360a. :p

So, please keep comments on the respectful side and let's try not to clutter the thread with pointless arguments, okay? They'll be removed anyway.

So yeah... nice guide, Fizzy! ^_^

A few tidbits of info I think should be in the guide:

-Unlike the first game, you CANNOT back track at all. Once you leave a level, there is no returning to it. I didn't realize this until like the 3rd level.

-On the Pause menu (accessed by pressing Start) there is a display showing you the status of Little Sisters in the current level. This is almost exactly like the first game's Big Daddy meter. The number of circular symbols indicates how many Little Sisters are in the current level. If the symbol shows a Big Daddy and a Little Sister, it means you have no adopted / harvested that Little Sister. The symbol changes to just a Little Sister face when you have harvested / adopted one.

-Big Sisters seem to consistently show up only after you have dealt with the Little Sisters in a given level.

-it is 100% possible to get all SP achievements in one go. However, because Brass Balls is kinda hard and does not require you to play the game on Hard, it seems like the easiest way to approach the game is like so:

--First Run: Play on Easy (or Normal if you think its boring), grab as many achievements as possible, including Brass Balls. Many of the SP achievements will temporarily skew your tactics, making them much more annoying to do on Hard. This also gives you a chance to really soak up the story and figure out the game mechanics and whatnot. Going for achievements like Savior requires that you take a hit on how much Adam you will be getting from the Little Sisters, which in turn makes the game harder, so again it makes more sense to handle that stuff on Easy.

--Second Run: Assuming you got your Brass Balls and all the random story Achievements handled, you can use your second run to knock out beating the game on hard, and also grab any of the easy-to-miss items like the audio diaries or weapon upgrade achievements.

Just my $.02. I just finished the game about half an hour ago. I would estimate playing on Easy and playing it at a "medium" pace (not going uber slow and looking carefully for every audio diary, and also not going as fast as humanly possible), it took me probably 15 hours to beat. This forum is helpful, as always, and with this game I have broken 47,000 on my Gamer Score :)

The Master Gatherer achievement.. you don't need to collect 600 and not spend any right?

As far as i'm aware you don't need to hold onto the adam, seeing as there are only 13 Little Sisters in the game and can earn up to 940 ADAM. Holding onto all your ADAM would make the game a real pain as you get to the later levels.

8 sisters with two harvests each should score you around 640 ADAM, if you don't have it by then it's possible. I will add that info in very soon though as i've been using my ADAM.

There are three upgrade levels for each gun, all upgrades have to be applied in order. You can no longer pick which upgrade you want without having the previous upgrade installed.

Ooh, not quite true - the first two upgrades for each gun can be applied in either order, it's just the third upgrade which requires the other two.

Also, "spear gun"? Mine's called a Crossbow :)

Other than that, tremendous work.

I just finished the game and I think more needs to be made of the Master Researcher one (or whatever it's called) as that's the only one I missed - and the only subject I hadn't maxed was Big Daddys.

PLEASE can you add to the guide that the last Big Daddys are in Fontaine Futuristics so if you haven't maxed their research by then you need keep wandering around and filming/fighting them.

Alphas, Bouncers, and basically everything else is in abundance during the last level so no worries their.

As long as you film every Big Sister encounter you'll be fine also.

I just finished the game and I think more needs to be made of the Master Researcher one (or whatever it's called) as that's the only one I missed - and the only subject I hadn't maxed was Big Daddys.

PLEASE can you add to the guide that the last Big Daddys are in Fontaine Futuristics so if you haven't maxed their research by then you need keep wandering around and filming/fighting them.

Alphas, Bouncers, and basically everything else is in abundance during the last level so no worries their.

As long as you film every Big Sister encounter you'll be fine also.

Unfortunately everything is in abundance except for the one enemy I needed just a tiny bit of research on, Spider Slicers. I couldn't find even one during the last few levels of the game so I'd also suggest everyone research those as soon as you can. Blah, planned on going through it again on hard but it's just annoying how close I was.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/661/+1au7A==.jpgMan About Town - 10 :gsicon:

Play at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map.

The multiplayer levels are levels you have all seen before if you have played through the first Bioshock. Play at least one Ranked match on each of the follow levels and the achievement will unlock:

• Arcadia
  • Farmer's Market
  • Fort Frolic
  • Hephaestus
  • Home for the Poor
  • Kashmir Restaurant
  • Medical Pavilion
  • Mercury Suites
  • Neptune's Bounty
  • Point Prometheus

For this one, would it be helpful to state which MP types give access to what map? Playing just Civil War and Capture the Sister wont give access to all the maps AFAIK.

For this one, would it be helpful to state which MP types give access to what map? Playing just Civil War and Capture the Sister wont give access to all the maps AFAIK.

From what i've seen game wise you can access all the maps in all the game modes. Seeing as when you played ranked matches it's completely random and you have no real choice over which maps you get you will just need to play until it unlocks.

If you go through the private match setup you will see that no matter which game mode you setup you can pick any of the maps which are listed.