One of the worst games ever!

metalzine

• 3 weeks later...

When everyone compares every FPS to games like COD or Battlefield or even Halo, obviously it can't truly compete. But then again, why compare every FPS to those examples in the first place? A game can't be good enough to stand on its own merits anymore, so it has to play the black sheep to more popular franchises?

How many overhyped games do we see or hear about about World War II or some modern day setting or a Middle Eastern conflict? A lot. Now how many do we see or hear about an invasion of America that actually has a solid and hooking storyline? Exactly.

Edited by green light ops

• 2 weeks later...

For what it was supposed to be, it wasn't that great of a game.

Multiplayer is what it is, Homefront was like a COD-Battefield feel to me, which didn't mix well.

I personally liked Single player. It was challenging on the hard difficulty, which I like. I love swearing and throwing stuff at my TV. All fun.

• 3 weeks later...

How anyone thought that when you are spawning, you get shown the whole entire map and every players position... or that when you get 3 kills (or more) in a row without dieing, have the game high light you as a threat and then rat you out to the ememy by showing them where you are with a big yellow circle until you are killed/die....

was a good idea?

Tanks and choppers rule this game ,they can just sit either side of your spawn and smash your team. This game had a lot of potenial but just failed in so many ways. There is so much wrong with this game it isn't funny. I'm pretty convinced "perks" like ghost/ice cold etc DO NOT work as they should as with many others. I can't wait to have finished this horrible game so I can throw it across the road (I wouldn't even give this game away for free).

• 2 weeks later...

This game is pure crap, but I only paid £5 for it so i guess I can't complain too much :p Worst ending to a campaign I have seen for a while, and to add salt to the wound it is telling me I have to pay an extra £6.99 (800 points) to play online past level 5? Fuck that! They deserve every negative comment they get.

I just bought this game yesterday for 17$ at my local Gamestop. It's my understanding the campaign is around 5-6 hours, and the multiplayer is still active. If I had paid 60$ for this game, I would be pissed. It's not bad from what I've seen but it's not comparable COD/Halo. I'll play through it in about 3 days, mess with the MP and then return it to Gamestop.

• 4 weeks later...

I rented the game from Redbox (when it was new), and after playing through the single player story I was ready to return the game and write it off as a crappy game, but then I decided to us the 2 day MP trial and well.... I ended up buying the game for $25 from Amazon the next day.

I really enjoy the MP aspect of this game. I can't really compare it to anything else though, as I don't generally play FPS games (Not online, anyways). Sadly, The day I got my copy of the game in the mail.... They had the patch that caused everyone who played that day to instantly become level 75.

People keep telling me that Battlefield is somewhat like Homefront (MP wise), so I've been meaning to give it a try but haven't been able to yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How anyone thought that when you are spawning, you get shown the whole entire map and every players position... or that when you get 3 kills (or more) in a row without dieing, have the game high light you as a threat and then rat you out to the ememy by showing them where you are with a big yellow circle until you are killed/die....

was a good idea?

I like the map highlighting the players (friendly and enemy) on a spawn, it gives you an idea of where the major fighting is taking place and gives away any spawn killers that think it's a good idea to hide in your spawn area. It's not as if it gives away their exact position.

As for the kill streak highlighting, it makes getting to a 5* wanted level that much more challenging, certainly worth the 75G earned for it.

• 1 month later...

When Homefront came out i was dissapointed and never realy finished it, sold my copy pretty early on without even trying the MP, now i picked it up from my local gamestore again from the used bin, and honest i do love it now! :) I know this may sound odd but the graphics still can hold their own and compared to the latest CODII i think its not bad for an older game. The story is def okay and i do love the start of the first mission. Ofcourse looking into it and the hype they made back then about it, the story has some good spots but i agree they could have done more.

Now to the MP and i,m supriced how many gamers still playing it. But i realy enjoy it even when i dropped in i was kinda the only soul that was in the match still with rank 1 lol. But once you rank up abit and get the feel for it its realy fun. Abit like a mix of COD and BF as far the vehicles go at least. No need to say you die alot def whenh you just starting up the MP and having gamers in there that are rank 75 and have everything unlocked, what i did notice is that the majority seem to be fixed players that play this game on a daily basis what is fun ofcourse. Once you do rank up then its somewhat easier and you basicly can gain XP by using your Parrot drone ect. All in all i realy starting to enjoy this game again and hey if you take a good look at the first few mins of the campaign where our lead caracter gets arrested the graphics def look great. For all those considering picking up this game, do it its cheap and the MP is still very active.

• 2 weeks later...