Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

What really got me off about this game was the Theatre mode, actually.

It seems like they rushed it to get the game out by fall, and kinda half-assed Theatre mode. :/

ie: You can't rewind, save "clips," etc.

All you can do is screenshot and save entire films.

Idk about you, but I'm not about to go around sayin' "Hey, if you look at the 4th vid in my fileshare, and scroll to 30:23..."

No.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really got me off about this game was the Theatre mode, actually.

It seems like they rushed it to get the game out by fall, and kinda half-assed Theatre mode. :/

ie: You can't rewind, save "clips," etc.

All you can do is screenshot and save entire films.

Idk about you, but I'm not about to go around sayin' "Hey, if you look at the 4th vid in my fileshare, and scroll to 30:23..."

No.

True, but since you're playing against other people they probably didn't assume people would want to make clips. I personally don't use films at all. Showing someone how to find something or a way to approach a fight may be a good use for films, but I don't find killing AI to be worthy of saving and sharing with others.

My biggest gripe with this game was spending $60 on it. I was lucky to get the campaign disc from a friend for $30. I don't play Halo 3 online much so I didn't need the multiplayer disc. And I think I got a good deal. Firefight is definitely worth it.

I'm tired of seeing so many "This game sucks", "Are you disappointed", etc. type threads. If you have to bitch about the game, do it here. Should you ignore this thread and make your own "bitching" thread, it will be deleted and you will be infracted.

Congratulations Mr. Man, don't you feel big

All I said was I would have wished that they would let you save the maps instead of just putting them on a bonus disc. If you save the bonus disc to your harddrive, will the maps work when you put in the regular halo 3 disc? Has anyone tried that?

Just to clarify, most of the time people getting disconnected anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour into the game are people without OPEN NAT settings. This happened to me in Halo 3 campaign all the time near the end of that longass vehicle level with the scorpians. I really wish people would take the 5 minutes to set their IP to static and forward the ports on their router.

All in all it's not a great game, the graphics looks dated, i also don't like science fiction and i dont like any halo game.

Why should i bought it then? Because it's coop is just... perfect.

I know it sounds funny, but sometimes, a game only needs a coop mode to be worth 50$.

That's the reason why im going to buy operation flashpoint thursday ^^

I'm not really disappointed with this game, I enjoyed it to an extent. One thing I didn't really like was how much the Audio files that you have to find in the city tie into the story. I was a little confused about how Dare got away, found the Engineer, etc. The story really is one of my only gripes, if only because of the half baked ending. I'm just too used to the epicness of Warthog jumps and rings exploding, :p. But other than that I thought it was fine.

I've beaten Legendary with my friends, and I have ONE firefight achievement, but I haven't thoroughly played this game. What I like about this game is the firefight gameplay. It's like zombies for CoD: WaW, but Halo. :D What I didn't like was the storyline, walking in the dark on a very very lonely road, and the fact I couldn't get 4 players to play on the same screen for firefight. I don't know why they changed that, Halo 3 worked great for it. :(

I am dead tired of getting disconnected in a firefight match. A buddy and I are going for the 200ks achievements and we only got one so far simply because the game keeps disconnecting on us. Firefight is awesome, but what is with this bs? I mean, we were at 194 000 points, minutes away from the 200k in Alpha Site, with like 15 lives to spare and the game simply disconnected us for no apparent reason. Even though it wasn't the first time it happened, we decided to give it another go and it disconnected again at 110 000 points.

This is simply not acceptable. I really hope they do something about this because this mode is really fun, but it's not fair that this happens frequently preventing us from getting the achievements. And it doesn't have anything to do with our connections, I've seen online that it happens with alot of people.

People have a right to state their opinion and find out what others think. For you to delete their thread, and infract them is harsh, and unnecessary, and shows what kind of character you have. As long as people don't use profane language, like "bitchy".

I am dead tired of getting disconnected in a firefight match. A buddy and I are going for the 200ks achievements and we only got one so far simply because the game keeps disconnecting on us. Firefight is awesome, but what is with this bs? I mean, we were at 194 000 points, minutes away from the 200k in Alpha Site, with like 15 lives to spare and the game simply disconnected us for no apparent reason. Even though it wasn't the first time it happened, we decided to give it another go and it disconnected again at 110 000 points.

This is simply not acceptable. I really hope they do something about this because this mode is really fun, but it's not fair that this happens frequently preventing us from getting the achievements. And it doesn't have anything to do with our connections, I've seen online that it happens with alot of people.

A-fucking-men.

I have yet to unlock a Firefight achievement because of disconnects. I'm playing with the same people I've played numerous games with; we haven't experienced any problems prior to ODST; makes absolutely no sense.

Just to clarify, most of the time people getting disconnected anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour into the game are people without OPEN NAT settings. This happened to me in Halo 3 campaign all the time near the end of that longass vehicle level with the scorpians. I really wish people would take the 5 minutes to set their IP to static and forward the ports on their router.

This is the first time I actually hear someone having a solution to this problem. Now, I know that I have OPEN NAT settings as it told me last night when I was trying to connect to someone, that he didn't have that. I'm not a tech expert so how would someone know how to set his xbox to open nat?

This game is fucking awful.

I can see why it's popular with the kids: the story is average and generic - perfect for a kid and the action is mindless and unjustified - again perfect for kids.

Why is this game hailed so much? People need to open their eyes and see what this game is really like.

Awful, mediocre, generic, uninspired, poor story development, atrocious voice acting, laughable cutscenes (I'm talking about the bit where the female ODST soldier just randomly kisses the dickhead ODST soldier - what the fuck was that all about?), lacklustre appeal and unbalanced enemy frequency.

Why does almost every 'corridor' style area look the same? I'm talking about Coastal Highway and Data Hive. Did they just copy and paste the rooms over and over again?

This game is just about moving to an area, killing a bunch of enemies, moving on and repeating the process - in some areas.

I don't find that fun, nor do I think this constitutes to being a good game, as everyone thinks it is.

What's with the health system? Why did they switch from the OK Halo 3 system to this one? It's annoying when you have to scout out for these medstations when they don't make themselves obvious to you.

Edited by Dr Bob

This game is fucking awful.

I can see why it's popular with the kids: the story is average and generic - perfect for a kid and the action is mindless and unjustified - again perfect for kids.

Why is this game hailed so much? People need to open their eyes and see what this game is really like.

Awful, mediocre, generic, uninspired, poor story development, atrocious voice acting, laughable cutscenes (I'm talking about the bit where the female ODST soldier just randomly kisses the dickhead ODST soldier - what the fuck was that all about?), lacklustre appeal and unbalanced enemy frequency.

If you actually played the game and watched the cutscenes.....you would have figured out that both Veronica Dare and Buck were in a relationship but then got separated......they meet again at the beginning of the game and when they literally escaped "death".....they kissed...it shows that Dare still has feelings for Buck.

Poor story development............WTF ?? Hello...."flashback" missions ??

You need to play the game more or something......or just move on.

I mainly love this game because of its soundtrack......its just awesome.......the same reason why I love Mirror's Edge so much.....the music is fitting and is absolutely awe-inspiring to listen to. Only a few games have this quality. The action is Halo with a twist.....the cutscenes were okay.....not great but this is from a ODST's perspective and the cutscenes are funny and intimate at the same time. Such as the cutscene at the end of "Uplift Nature Reserve" mission....despite being funny, it is also personal by revealing that Dutch is a more religious guy.

The models for Dare in my opinion are quite bad.......its like her mouth is a slit......despite the boobs.....she really doesn't look like a woman. The characters look like "potato heads" in my opinion. The voice acting is decent as well.

Dr. Bob, your complaint is more of a list with no solid basis.....it would be better to criticise this game with at least an applaudable backing

Some of your points such as unbalanced enemy frequency.......what the hell do you mean ???:confused: The AI is pretty decent.

Oh another thing....I like this game alot but I'll probably not play it again for a long time and I am not a kid. So what I'm saying this game is for all ages and is appreciated by most. The ppl with disconnection complaints, most of the time haven't dealt with their NAT settings. As I play Halo 3 often with my friends.....I need to keep an OPEN NAT and I do this by setting my DMZ IP to my 360's IP address. :woop:

My main complaint is that the city doesn't have anything in it that distinguishes one area from another. No landmarks or different scenery of any kind. I'd love to find all 30 of the audio logs without a guide, except that I have no idea where I have already been because all the areas look too similar to each other.

I got my first firefight achievement on Lost Platoon today all by myself. It took me about an hour and 40 minutes, but I did it without any other players. I got 208,000 points by Set 2, Round 2 and then let myself die twice because I just wanted the achievement.

Edited by XFistsClenchedX

I've never ever been disconnected from this game before. I played the entire campaign with one of my friends on legendary one day and didn't get disconnected once. I thought the free roam on the game was awesome. I did not, however, like how difficult it is to kill an engineer, or that at the beginning of the game they just say "hey walk around for a while until we feel like letting you continue the story"

otherwise I had fun. and you get halo 3 with all the maps to boot. another thing I don't like is that I already bought all the maps >.< but whatever :o

Can I bitch about people bitching about ODST???.....cause this whole bitching thing is getting out of hand...seriously

this is a perfectly acceptable game warranting at least an 8/10, some people just want to sit around and play one game their whole life....Sure it might not be your favorite game, but its still good for some fun and its a good thing to have a little variety.......In the end its not the best game ever, not GOTY, but its still fun

Hmmm but maybe im wrong about this whole bitching thing....I think Im gonna go over to the MW2 forum and start 100 threads bitching about how overrated it is and get a mod to make a bitching thread.................oh wait im not petty and immature...nvmd

I've never ever been disconnected from this game before. I played the entire campaign with one of my friends on legendary one day and didn't get disconnected once. I thought the free roam on the game was awesome. I did not, however, like how difficult it is to kill an engineer, or that at the beginning of the game they just say "hey walk around for a while until we feel like letting you continue the story"

otherwise I had fun. and you get halo 3 with all the maps to boot. another thing I don't like is that I already bought all the maps >.< but whatever :o

The main campaign was flawless for me too. No disconnections. But we tried again firefight last night and got booted at 185 000 points.

I'd like to bitch at the people bitching at ODST because they suck too much to watch cutscenes before saying omg no story, having bad connections, and just sucking at the game in general. L2p.

People are allowed to complain, although it's usually better to have some kind of justified reasons to do so. As far as the bad connections go, like I said before, I never have any problems whatsoever with any other game. Why would this one be different?

I wasn't really too thrilled about this game. Here are my reasons why.

- The city is confusing because everything looks the same. It makes finding audio logs you missed a massive chore. I just gave up, despite having only 4 audio logs left, simply because it was a pain in the ass.

- The gameplay was too much of the same. While you'd expect Halo 3:ODST to play like Halo 3 based on the title, they should have done what they originally said and made it a game where you rely on stealth. Throughout the whole game, I never felt like I wasn't playing as Master Chief. The only real difference in gameplay from Halo 3 and Halo 3:ODST was that your shields seem to go down a bit faster in ODST than in Halo 3.

- No matchmaking in Firefight. Most of my friends don't play Halo 3 so I didn't have a way to play with anyone in firefight. On top of that, the net code for it wasn't particularly great either. One time I did play Firefight with a friend and the game would occasionally hang up and with just 2 players, that shouldn't happen.

- The city is confusing because everything looks the same. It makes finding audio logs you missed a massive chore. I just gave up, despite having only 4 audio logs left, simply because it was a pain in the ass.

Have you tried using the map provided in the achievement guide sticky for the game? It provides several shots for each audio log to determine the specific locations of each log. Also, as a side note, it's best to do it after you've completed the game. For whatever reason, some of the audio logs won't show up between missions; so, once you unlock Mombasa Streets on its own, your hunt can officially start with few problems.