The Squadmates of Mass Effect 2 (So far) (spoilers?)

CrossFireZX5

New Characters

Jacob Taylor- The protagonist of Mass Effect Galaxy. A Cerberus Agent who is the first squadmate you get.

Miranda Lawson- 'Nother character from ME:G. A Cerberus Agent genetically modified to be the "perfect woman"

Thane Krios- A drell (green fish-like alien) assassin who you try to recruit on the Asari homeworld. One word describes him: BADASS

Grunt- A violent and unpredictable krogan full of bloodlust. Looks like he's got a bit of a cyborg thing going on from the look of his armor

Subject Zero- A biotic test subject. Acts a bit like a b****. Really freaky cultist. Worst new squadmember IMO.

Legion- A geth who has a huge hole going though his stomach-area, and a bit of Shepard's Armor welded onto himself. Hunts you down for a bit. the Launch trailer shows him on the Normandy with Tali confronting him, so hat leads you to believe he is the 10th

Mordin- Said to be the 'Clint Eastwood' of scientists. A salrian who's been billeted as a guy with a "ends justify the means" morality

Samara- An Asari Justicar who is wanted by police on the Asari homeworld, you can break her out of jail and she'll follow Shepard and "adopt his morals"

Zaeed Messani- A rugged, veteran bounty hunter who Cerberus hires to join Shepard's squad. Fre DLC on day 1 to anyone who buys a new copy of Mass Effect 2. He will be the first of many downloads through the Cerberus Network.

Returning Characters

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya- CONFIRMED as squadmate. You visit the Quarian flotilla to recruit her

Garrus Vakarian- CONFIRMED to be a squadmate. Goes by the alias 'Archangel' when you first hear rumors about him.

---------------------

BioWare has stated that all of the old squadmates will come back in some way, so Wrex (if he survived) Ashley/Kaiden (whoever didn't die) and Liara will all appear at some point. Oh yeah and if you didn't tell him to buzz off...

[spoilers]

.... Conrad Verner, AKA The Fan, will come back too. Not sure how I feel about this one.

Edited by CrossFireZX5

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job, there are 10 squad mates total so im guessing there will be a turian and asari added to the list. i personally hope its garrus and liara since they were my favourite squad mates in the first game but i wont be surprised if all the squad mates are new characters. i did hear that u cant continue ur relationship with whoever u had one with in the first game so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I think they said that the ME1 squadmates wont be joining your squad this time around due to the fact that it is more of a suicide mission, but they said they would all be in the game.

Garrus has been confirmed to join your squad, though it's unsure if its only temporary or permanent. There are 3 videos about it on IGN

Garrus has been confirmed to join your squad, though it's unsure if its only temporary or permanent. There are 3 videos about it on IGN

ive seen the vids but its wasnt confirmed. it seemed like u work with him a bit but it didnt say anywhere that he will be a squadmate. i do hope he will be though since he was one of my favourites from the first game (him and liara)

ive seen the vids but its wasnt confirmed. it seemed like u work with him a bit but it didnt say anywhere that he will be a squadmate. i do hope he will be though since he was one of my favourites from the first game (him and liara)

Basically this, it was confirmed that you would work with him at some point but bioware never said he would join your squard

You help Garrus fight a gang war and get the choice to stop him from executing someone that you want to talk to.

The male quarian could be Lemm. (for all of you that have read ascension)

Didn't Lemm end up on the Idenna and off on the Quarian expedition through the omega 4 relay?

If he's gonna be in ME2, then that means we're off through the relay of death aswell :D

Wouldn't it be great to meet that expedition? ;)

I dont see why we wont. What would be the point in telling the story otherwise?

It would be like reading ME revelation and then ME1 having nothing to do with Sovreign/Saren.

I'd be willing to bet that Shepard will met Sanders at some point, but whether in ME2 or ME3 remains tbc

really, thats sounds cool. ive been trying to keep up on all the mass 2 info but never heard of that. i saw the garrus vids but it wasnt mentioned. where did u hear that?

It was in OXM months ago, Garrus is trying to snipe someone you're talking to.

The interrupt conversation option is to move out of the way and allow the shot.

yep, I'll be excited to actually see the Quarian Flotilla and see how it compares to what I imagined while reading Acension

Did any body notice in the Tali Trailer that the Male Qurarain was very close to Sheperd, almost as if he is a squad mate 00:28 seconds

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect2_trl_talivideo_113009.html?show=hi

I saw that vid. Forgot to edit this. Thank you poster. When the final list is compiled I'll remember to acknowledge any and everyone who helped with the list. Hopefully Wrex and Garrus are actual squad members so I can continue using my squad from the 1st game. With the exception of Legion (who may not even be a squad member according to 'The Enemies of Mass Effect 2' Trailer) none of the new characters are "click"ing with me yet. Thane is maybe the only one, but I'd have to see his specialties first

If I were to guess, there will be a new Turian too, seeing as they already have most of the main species already. I'd be suprised if they reveal any more new characters actually, because except for the "non-combat" species, Batarian, and the new Vorcha species, they have everyone covered