Boat Ride on Hard

braniac1972

Hey Guys

On my 10 star run and the only thing busting my chops is the boat ride time of 1 minute 20 seconds or less.

I have got all the other requirements I need for the 10 stars but this boat ride is proving to be the killer for me.

I know about rotating the sticks, and lining the boat up to the light, but my speed is always dreadful and I have searched online for ages trying to get some handy hints.

Does anyone have some idiot-proof help, PLEASE!

When you rotate the sticks when going in a straight line are you

a/going as fast as you can

b/doing a nice even rhythm

c/trying to match James on the screen

I am so close to getting the 10 stars and I can't let this beat me now!

Can someone give me a step-by-step guide to set me on the right track?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Ok, so I finally got through this - or rather my girlfriend did! She is a drummer and has way more co-ordination than me. It took her about 3 goes to get the knack of this, where I just couldn't seem to.

She says to get the turn straight away is done by turning the right hand stick anitclockwise as quick as you can, and as soon as you see the light start the rowing action.

Then, SECURE THE CONTROLLER. I held it for her so she could roll the sticks with the palms of her hands. I know some people wedge it or clamp it in place.

Both sticks start at the top and she described the motion as 'doing the breastroke' ie right stick anticlockwise, and left stick clockwise.

The important thing she did was go as quick as she possibly could - it is nothing to do with rhythm like I thought, but is about speed and accuracy in the movement of the sticks.

If you are slightly off line when rowing, the best way to correct it is this;

if you want to go left, stop the left stick and keep the right going at the same speed and as it corrects on the screen resume the simultaneous movement. If you wanted to go right, you would stop the right stick and keep working the left until you got back on track.

I am not sure whether I am allowed to do this, but here is a link I found really helpful. The video deals with the toughest bits of the game, and includes the boat sequence. What makes this really helpful is his commentary and the fact he has an in-screen shot of his hands using the controller as the boat goes across the lake.The boat section begins at 4 mins 42 seconds.

The link is [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wruq3ktN3s0]Silent Hill 2 - Daddy/Eddie/Boat - Hard - 10 Star Rank (Commentary) - YouTube[/ame]

and a big thank you goes to TheUrbanArcade for this. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this.

Edited by braniac1972
missed a bit

• 5 months later...