Audio Diaries: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

DaKing240

Sorry all, I had to make a new thread since I couldn't update the other one, since it got too long...

Version 1.351 - First 3 Levels now being worked on...

Thanks goes out to Flip, n8iv3, Siegfried,K00PA TR00PA,Pfc Ender, for helping out!

Do not read this thread unless you want to spoil the game!

The names of all the diaries are now complete, we just need locations on most of them.

There are 122 Diaries total.

Right, an achievement calls for collecting all the Diaries in the game. I know its only a matter of time before we have a user make a nice map with them all, but for now, a temporary solution is to see how many there are in each level, and the names of them. So, the following is the Diaries I have collected. I know I am missing some, so I will fill them in as we all compare lists.

*You must get these as you start the game, otherwise you will not be able to come back for them unless you start a new game!

Thanks to SRH KRONIC for the images!

Originally posted here.

---------------------------------

Welcome To Rapture -- Medical Pavilion (19 Total)

Beginning Section (2 Total):

1. *Diane McClintock - New Year's Eve Alone - Located on a table before entering the bathroom)
  2. *Steve Barker - Hole in Bathroom Wall - Located in the bathroom, the right entrance)

*You must get these before going through the bulkhead door to the next section, otherwise you will not be able to come back for them. If you miss them, you have to start a new game.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapOne.png

Medical Station (17 Total):

1. Diane McClintock - Released Today - Located on a table, between the 2 winding stairways, in the lobby, you will see a Medical Services Cashier sign)
  2. Steinman - Adam's Changes - Located on a table, you will see it after hacking the security bot, which opens the door)
  3. Steinman - Higher Standards - Located on a wall, its on the way to Dr. Steinman, you'll see a lot of blood on the wall, scissors and pictures)
  4. Andrew Ryan - Parasite Expectations - Located on a table, it will be right after getting #3, you will see a neon sign saying "Is Your Family Protected")
  5. Steinman - Limits of Imagination - Located on a wall, after getting #4, it will be on the left side of the wall, next to the broken Medical Pavilion sign)
  6. Andrew Ryan - Vandalism - Located on a chair, it will be on the far right room, the opposite side of #5. You will see a Circus Vending Machine next to the chair)
  7. Tenenbaum - Love For Science - Located on a table, its in the center of the room, in between #5 and #6. You will see
  8. Steinman - Surgery's Picasso - Located under the William Hoffner picture, it will be located on the left side of the "Eternal Flame" building)
  9. Suchong - Enrage Trial - Located in the pool of blood in the Kure-All area as soon as you walk in, go to the right, then through the door on your left, then go straight and it will be on the floor in the corner
  10. Steinman - Symmetry - When going after Steinman, and blowing up the debris, it will be right in front of you to the right of the corpse in the wheel chair
  11. Suchong - Testing Telekenisis - Right where you get Telekenisis, its right where you practice using it with the tennis ball thrower
  12. Steinman - Aphrodite Walking - In the room to the right, right before you go into the room to fight Steinman, it's lying on a cabinet next to a dentist's chair that's covered in blood
  13. Steinman - Not What She Wanted - Search the corpse that is lying on the table that you saw Steinman working on as you walked in on him, she has this diary on her.
  14. Steinman - Gatherer Vulnerability - After choosing whether to harvest or rescue your first Little Sister after killing Steinman, it will be on the floor next to a briefcase at the Gatherer's Garden that is behind the curtain that opens up and you purchase your first gene upgrades at before you can leave the area.
  15. Suchong - Plasmids Are The Paint - Right next to the Tonic - Speedy Hacker, in the room in the Medical Pavilion that you have to climb through the window while a gun turret is shooting at you, it's in the room to the left of where it says "Painless Dental" on the map
  16. McDonagh - Freezing Pipes - you must melt the ice that leads to the cure-all area with your incinerate plasmid and it will be under the ice
  17. Tenenbaum - Useless Experiments

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapTwp.png

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neptune's Bounty -- Smuggler's Hideout (23 Total)

1. Sullivan - Bathysphere Keys - Located behind the farther gun turret in the Lower Wharf area from when you enter from the Bathysphere Station
  2. Sullivan - Timmy H. Interrogation - When in the area that has both a Gene Bank and a Gatherer's Garden, go into the water all the way at the bottom and follow the path, you should see a keypad that is hackable on your left, go inside.
  3. Andrew Ryan - Fontaine Must Go - Once Peach Wilkins sends you out on your quest to get your camera, you will enter through a gate that was once locked before. Fall down a hole on the right and ollow this path until the end.
  4. Tenenbaum - Finding The Sea Slug - Once you enter the Upper Wharf area, go straight and it will be on a table where some fish are lying on the ground and are on the table as well.
  5. Mariska Lutz - Masha Come Home - Also in the Upper Wharf area, its near the Little Sister hole on the left, it's lying on the ground in the water.
  6. Sullivan - Picked up Timmy H. - Directly after getting #5 turn to your right and search the dead body on the ground.
  7. Tenenbaum - Adam Discovery - After getting Security Bullseye, drop down and it is in a crate by the left conveyor.
  8. McDonagh - Eden Leaking - From #7, go through the door to go to the tavern and it will be lying on the ground next to two pipes.
  9. Tenenbaum - Fontaine's Smugglers - From #8, continue on into the glass tube, and it is on the right, under a security camera.
  10. Andrew Ryan - Death Penalty in Rapture - From Fontaine's Smugglers, go straight and then go to the right. As soon as you enter this room, it will be directly on your left on a table
  11. Sullivan - Smuggling Ring - Once you get into "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern" it will be right under a 32% 123 Beer sign on a table
  12. Andrew Ryan - Working Late Again - Go to the upper part of "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern and go into room 6 by Electric Bolting the door control and it will be on the floor next to the corpse that is handcuffed to the bed
  13. Mariska Lutz - Saw Masha Today - Located in room 7. Hack the door or enter the code if you find it, it will be on the bed next to the two corpses lying on it.
  14. McDonagh - Meeting Ryan - Right next to the Vita-Chamber to the right of "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern" in the vent hole
  15. McDonagh - Rapture Changing - Go behind the bar in "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern" and through the door. Once through there, go through the door straight ahead that is behind the waterfall and it will be on the desk to the right
  16. Peach Wilkins - Putting The Screws On - To the left of the first Power to the People station. Incinerate the snow guarding the door, it will be next to the safe in the back of this area.
  17. Peach Wilkins - Meeting With Fontaine - Once in Smuggler's Hideout, you will come to a place where there is a drill looking device and a gun turret shooting at you. Kill the gun turret and to the right of the gun turret will be the diary leaning against a crate
  18. Frank Fontaine - Kraut Scientist - After watching the pipes blow up by the submarine, continue onwards and you will come to a sort of big wooden area with some splicers. Kill all these guys, and once you reach the bottom, you will come to a gate with a lock on your right, right before you enter the tunnel. Break the lock and the diary will be on the ground next to some crates
  19. Peach Wilkins - Offered A Deal - Right after you watch the submarine blow up, continue on and once you start going towards the Bulkhead to Arcadia, the diary will be on the ground next to a crate before the bridge
  20. Andrew Ryan - First Encounter - This is actually located in the next level. Once you get into the second section (Farmer's Market, it will be a new load screen), there are three rooms. Go into the left-most room and it is on the ground near three red crates.
  21. Sullivan - Have my Badge - located further into the secure area in a room with no apparent entry you can see the room though a window, from the window follow the path that starts just before the window and keep going straight in the direction of the gun turret. deal with it how you please and enter the vent thats to the left of the turret. take notice there is a camera in that room. the diary is located on the table in that room. other things in their include a machine gun and a safe.
  22. McDonagh - Arresting Fontaine - Go to the upper part of "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern and go into room 6 by Electric Bolting the door control and it will be on the floor next to the corpse that is handcuffed to the bed
  23. Andrew Ryan - Watch Fontaine – Northern side of the UpperWharf near a vending machine.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapThreeSmuglersHideOut.png

-------------------------------------------------

Arcadia -- Farmer's Market (24 Total)

Main section (16 Total)

1. McDonagh - Seeing Ghosts - Soon as you enter the tea gardens cross the bridge on the left side, its under the overturned chairs
  2. Dieter Sonnekalb - Big Night Out - In the door to the right of "seeing ghosts" diary. its on the ground under a broken bench
  3. Tenenbaum - Mass Producing Adam - Turn to the right after finding "big night out" diary, this one is on the ground by a chair
  4. Langford - Arcadia Closed - Its on a well lit workbench right next to a gene bank after your 1st houdini splicer encounter
  5. Andrew Ryan - The Market Is Patient - On a bench inside doors to waterfall grotto, across from gatherers garden
  6. Langford - Early Tests Promising - Waterfall Grottos, near the water wheel in the lower level. On a crate to the left of the rosebush
  7. Andrew Ryan - Offer a Better Product - Turn around from the rose bush, its on a rock next to a corpse in the water
  8. Diane McLintock - Heroes And Criminals - After the broken vending machine in the waterfall grotto, turn left at the corner and zap the door lever, its on the ground inside the room
  9. Mariska Lutz - Shouldn't Have Come - Under rolling hills neon sign just before reaching langfords lab
  10. Langford - The Saturine - Just after leaving the lab, up a hill, you will see a fire set by a splicer, its on the ground inside cave entrance
  11. Langford - Arcadia and Oxygen - Look at your map for Tree Farm. It will be on the left of it, top right corner. You will see Arcadia Glens signs.
  12. Langford - What Won't They Steal? - located on the floor, on the right corner of the room. It will be immediately after sending the rose to Langford in the following room.
  13. Langford - Teaching An Old Hound - located on a desk, in the room following #12. Its in the center facing you as you walk in the room.
  14. Langford - The Lazerus Vector - Once Langford dies, pick this diary off her dead corpse
  15. Langford - Lazarus Vector Formula - Located in the safe, in the same room as #14. The safe code is written on the window behind you.
  16. Tenenbaum - Maternal Instinct - located on the way to the Farmers Market. It will be on the left doorway, and you will see signs everywhere, Farmers Market and Tickets.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapfourArcadia1.png

Farmer's Market (9 Total):

1. Tasha Denu - Bee Enzyme - located the moment you enter the Farmer's Market on the left side, next to the Pneumo machine.
  2. Andrew Ryan -- First Encounter - Farmer's Market, near the Bouncer corpse in the lower storage room.
  3. Tenenbaum – Hatred - Farmer's Market, on a desk in the lower storage room.
  4. Andrew Ryan - Desperate Time - Farmer's Market, in the crawlspace that links to the freezer.
  5. Andrew Ryan - Pulling Together - If you were to make a left once entering the Farmer's Market, it will be sitting on the table/buffet, on the left side.
  6. Pierre Gobbi - Water in Wine - It will be on your way to one of the items you need to pick up. Located on the floor next to the purple Worley Winery sign.
  7. Tenenbaum - Adam Explained - Silverwing Apiary, on the counter near the entrance.
  8. Tenenbaum - Functional Children - Winery, on a table in the rear of the room.
  9. Andrew Ryan - The Great Chain - Arcadia Metro Station, on the bench to the right of the entrance. (PART 1 MAP)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapfourArcadia2.png

Fort Frolic (15 Total)

1. Musical Insult (Sander Cohen) - Fleet Hall Theatre, upstairs storage room near the guitar.
  2. The Doubters (Sander Cohen) - Cohen's Collection, on the table downstairs.
  3. Come to the Record Store (Cobb) - Southern Mall, outside the restroom, on the table near the alcohol.
  4. The Wild Bunny (Sander Cohen) - Sophia Salon, in the closet around the back of the counter.
  5. Artist's Feud (Sullivan) - Cocktail Lounge, on the bar above the safe.
  6. Fancy Cigarettes (Albert Milonakis) - Le Marquis D'Epogue, in the downstairs humidor near the corpse.
  7. The Iceman Cometh (Martin Finnegan) - Frozen Tunnel, in the entrance corridor on the left-hand side.
  8. Stood Up Again (Diane McCormick) - Upper Atrium, at the top of the stairs near the entrance to Fleet Hall.
  9. Guns Blazing (McDonagh) - Robertson's Tobaccoria, on the table just inside the main door.
  10. Pregnancy (Jasmine Jolene) - Eve's Garden, under the bed in the room behind the stage.
  11. It's All Grift (Hector Rodriguez) - Eve's Garden, on the bar.
  12. Fontaine's Army (McDonagh) - Sir-Prize, in a crate on the floor to the left of the stairs.
  13. Bump Culpepper? (Sullivan) - Pharoah's Fortune, on a pool table upstairs.
  14. Ryan's Stabbleboy (Anna Culpepper) - Rapture Records, behind the counter inside the entrance.
  15. Requiem for Andrew Ryan (Sander Cohen) - Projection Booth, on the table in the office.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapfiveFortFrolic.png

Hephaestus -- Rapture Central Control (20 Total)

1. Ryan Takes F Futuristics (McDonagh) - Hepheastus Bathyspher Station, in a crate near the Circus of Values machine.
  2. Scoping the Gate (Kyburz) - Outside Ryan's Office, near the Circus of Values machine.
  3. Stopping Ryan (McDonagh) - Ryan's Office, search the first corpse on the right-hand side.
  4. Going to Heat Loss (Anya Andersdotter) - Outside Ryan's office, search the fourth corpse on the right-hand side.
  5. A Man or a Parasite (Andrew Ryan) - Hepheastus Core, on the desk outside the room with the bunks.
  6. Fontaine's Legacy (McDonagh) - Hepheastus Core, on the edge of the walkway, near the Vita-Chamber.
  7. Assassin (Anya Andersdotter) - Hepheastus Core, near the Gatherer's Garden.
  8. Kyburz Door Code (Pablo Navarro) - Heat Loss Monitoring, on the floor in the corner.
  9. Genetic Arms Race (McDonagh) - Lower Heat Loss Monitoring, on the desk in the flooded area.
  10. Getting a Break (Pablo Navarro) - Lower Heat Loss Monitoring, on the desk near the tonic.
  11. Impossible Anywhere Else (Andrew Ryan) - Hepheastus Core, at the very bottom walkway, on the desk.
  12. Running Short on R-34s (Pablo Navarro) - Hepheastus Core, on the desk outside the entrance to the Workshops.
  13. Device Almost Finished (Kyburz) - Lower Workshops, on the desk in the office at the bottom of the stairs.
  14. Great Chain Moves Slowly (Andrew Ryan) - Kyburz's Office, on the desk in the back of the room.
  15. The Dream (Kyburz) - Lower Workshops, search the corpse lying in the center of the floor.
  16. Assembling the Bomb (Kyburz) - Lower Workshops, on the desk in the secret crawlspace office.
  17. Market Maintenance Code (Pablo Navarro) - Lower Workshops, in the crawlspace that leads under the stairs.
  18. **The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.
  19. Mind Control Test (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.
  20. Baby Stratus (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.

**This one must be collected before leaving the control room, you can not return to this location.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapsixHephaestus1.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapsixHephaestus2.png

-----------------------------------------------

Olympus Heights -- Apollo Square (12 Total)

1. Mozart of Genetics (Suchong) - Olympus Heights, in the Bistro Square snack bar.
  2. Artist Woman (Sullivan) - Culpepper's Apartment, on the corner table just inside the main room.
  3. Fontaine's Human Jukebox (Suchong) - Suchong's Apartment, on the floor in the southernmost room.
  4. Mind Control Antidote (Suchong) - Suchong's Apartment, on his desk next to the tonic.
  5. Fontaine's Breakup (Paparrazi) - Mercury Suites, on the upper walkway near the U-Invent machine.
  6. Sad Saps (Frank Fontaine) - Fontaine's Apartment, on the coffee table near his collection of cigars.
  7. What's Happening Here? (Diane McClintock) - Apollo Square, on the ground near the Circus of Values machine.
  8. Atlas Lives (Diane McClintock) - Apollo Square, near the Gatherer's Garden machine.
  9. Protection Board (Suchong) - Artemis Suites, on the floor of Suchong's office in the clinic.
  10. Meeting Atlas (Diane McClintock) - Hestia Chambers, just inside the entrance on the right.
  11. The Longest Con (Frank Fontaine) - Atlas' Headquarters, right on the desk next to the tonic.
  12. Today's Raid (Diane McCormick) - Atlas' Headquarters, search the corpse near the safe in the corner.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapsevenOlympus1.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/MapsevenOplympus2.png

Point Prometheus -- Proving Grounds (9 Total)

1. Changing Employers (Suchong) - Main Hall, melt the ice to enter the closet upstairs and search the trash can.
  2. Why Just Girls? (Tenenbaum) - Atrium Balcony, on the desk in the second floor of the orphanage.
  3. Extra Munitions (Suchong) - Plasmid Prototyping, on the ground next to the RPG Turret.
  4. Marketing Gold (Andrew Ryan) - Test Subject Storage, on a machine on the right-hand side of the room near the cascading water.
  5. Missing Boots (Suchong) - Candidate Conversion area, on a desk in the rear of the room.
  6. Protector Smell (Suchong) - Suit Assembly, on the machinery in the second floor southwest room.
  7. Protecting Little Ones (Suchong) - Suit Assembly, on a desk in the southeast room upstairs.
  8. Mistakes (Andrew Ryan) - Suit Assembly, near the Gene Bank machine.
  9. Cheap Son of a Bitch (Suchong) - Storage, on a desk in the small storage area of Suit Assembly.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/MCWarrior76/Mapeightpoint.png

This is a complete list as I have the achievement for collecting them all now. I couldn't have gotten them all without the help of the people on this forum I should add. I want to also mention that I found "Andrew Ryan - First Contact" in Farmers Market. I know that everybody else is finding this in Neptune's Bounty but I swear last night I found it in the Farmers Market. I am thinking that if the game wants you to find a particular diary it will move it elsewhere if you passed it. But if you look in Neptune's Bounty you should find it there first, it does list it under Neptune's Bounty for me although I didn't find it there.

122 Total

Welcome To Rapture -- Medical Pavillion (19)

Steinman - Gatherer Vulnerability

Steinman - Aphrodite Walking

Steinman - Not What She Wanted

Steinman - Symmetry

Steinman - Limits of Imagination

Steinman - Surgery's Picasso

Steinman - Higher Standards

Steinman - Adam's Changes

Tenenbaum - Love For Science

Tenenbaum - Useless Experiments

Suchong - Testing Telekinesis

Suchong - Plasmids Are The Paint

Suchong - Enrage Trial

McDonagh - Freezing Pipes

Andrew Ryan - Vandalism

Andrew Ryan - Parasite Expectations

Diane McClintock - Released Today

Diane McClintock - New Year's Eve Alone

Steve Barker - Hole in Bathroom Wall

Neptune's Bounty -- Smuggler's Hideout (23)

Peach Wilkins - Offered A Deal

Peach Wilkins - Meeting With Fontaine

Peach Wilkins - Putting The Screws On

Frank Fontaine - Kraut Scientist

Sullivan - Picked up Timmy H.

Sullivan - Have My Badge

Sullivan - Timmy H. Interrogation

Sullivan - Bathysphere Keys

Sullivan - Smuggling Ring

McDonagh - Rapture Changing

McDonagh - Arresting Fontaine

McDonagh - Meeting Ryan

McDonagh - Eden Leaking

Mariska Lutz - Saw Masha Today

Mariska Lutz - Masha Come Home

Andrew Ryan - First Encounter

Andrew Ryan - Working Late Again

Andrew Ryan - Death Penalty In Rapture

Andrew Ryan - Watch Fontaine

Andrew Ryan - Fontaine Must Go

Tenenbaum - Fontaine's Smugglers

Tenenbaum - Adam Discovery

Tenenbaum - Finding The Sea Slug

Arcadia -- Farmer's Market (24)

Andrew Ryan - Desperate Times

Andrew Ryan - The Great Chain

Andrew Ryan - Pulling Together

Andrew Ryan - Offer A Better Product

Andrew Ryan - The Market Is Patient

Tenenbaum - Functional Children

Tenenbaum - Adam Explained

Tenenbaum - Maternal Instinct

Tenenbaum - Mass Producing Adam

Tenenbaum - Hatred

Pierre Gobbi - Water In Wine

Tasha Denu - Bee Enzyme

Langford - The Lazarus Vector

Langford - Lazarus Vector Formula

Langford - Teaching An Old Hound

Langford - What Won't They Steal?

Langford - Early Tests Promising

Langford - The Saturnine

Langford - Arcadia Closed

Langford - Arcadia and Oxygen

Diane McClintock - Heroes and Criminals

Mariska Lutz - Shouldn't Have Come

Dieting Sonnekalb - Big Night Out

McDonagh - Seeing Ghosts

Fort Frolic (15)

Albert Milonakis - Fancy Cigarettes

McDonagh - Fontaine's Army

McDonagh - Guns Blazing

Sander Cohen - Requiem For Andrew Ryan

Sander Cohen - Musical Insult

Sander Cohen - The Doubters

Anna Culpepper - Ryan's Stableboy

Rodriguez - It's All Grift

Jasmine Jolene - Pregnancy

Sullivan - Bump Culpepper?

Sullivan - Artists' Feud

Marlin Finnegan - The Iceman Cometh

Sander Cohen - The Wild Bunny

Cobb - Come To The Record Store

Diane McClintock - Stood Up Again

Hephaestus -- Rapture Central Control (20)

Suchong - Mind Control Test

Suchong - Baby Status

Suchong - The Vita Chamber

Kyburz - Assembling The Bomb

Kyburz - The Dream

Kyburz - Device Almost Finished

Kyburz - Scoping The Gate

Pablo Navarro - Market Maintenance Code

Pablo Navarro - Getting A Break

Pablo Navarro - Kyburz Door Code

Pablo Navarro - Running Short On R-34s

Andrew Ryan - Great Chain Moves Slowly

Andrew Ryan - A Man Or A Parasite

Andrew Ryan - Impossible Anywhere Else

McDonagh - Genetic Arms Race

McDonagh - Fontaine's Legacy

McDonagh - Stopping Ryan

McDonagh - Ryan Takes F Futuristics

Anya Andersdotter - Going To Heat Loss

Anya Andersdotter - Assassin

Olympus Heights -- Apollo Square (12)

Diane McClintock - Today's Raid

Diane McClintock - Atlas Lives

Diane McClintock - What's Happening Here?

Diane McClintock - Meeting Atlas

Frank Fontaine - The Longest Con

Frank Fontaine - Sad Saps

Paparazzi - Fontaine's Breakup

Suchong - Protection Bond

Suchong - Mind Conrol Antidote

Suchong - Mozart Of Genetics

Suchong - Fontaine's Human Jukebox

Sullivan - Artist Woman

Point Prometheus -- Proving Grounds (9)

Suchong - Missing Boots

Suchong - Cheap Son Of A Bitch

Suchong - Protector Smell

Suchong - Protecting Little Ones

Suchong - Changing Employers

Suchong - Extra Munitions

Andrew Ryan - Marketing Gold

Andrew Ryan - Mistakes

Tenenbaum - Why Just Girls?

According to antoher forum theres one more diary in Hepheaestus that everyone and myself missed. But that is all thats missing because they said they have the achievement. This diary is Andrew Ryan - Imposible Anywhere Else. It could be the one in Andrew Ryan's office which you have to grab before you kill him. I have edited my above list now to include this. Also I have found that there is no diary in Cohen's Apartment so its somewhere else apparently. So it must be somewhere else in Olympus Heights. I'll have to look more thoroughly next time.

If the guide in the other site is accurate, I'm missing only 3:

Fort Frolic

Rodriguez-It's All Grift

Point Prometheus -- Proving Grounds

Suchong-Protector Smell

Andrew Ryan-Mistakes

Does someone by any chance remembers where these are?

Also, I just found a diary that isn't in any of the two lists (don't ask me:confused:) The name is Suchong - Changing Employers and it was inside a trash can behind a dor covered by ice in Point Prometheus. The door is the one right outside the labs where you get the Voice Module of the Big Daddy. The trashcan is one of the 2 behind a painting in this room :)

Hope that's an easy description to follow:p

If the guide in the other site is accurate, I'm missing only 3:

Fort Frolic

Rodriguez-It's All Grift

Point Prometheus -- Proving Grounds

Suchong-Protector Smell

Andrew Ryan-Mistakes

Does someone by any chance remembers where these are?

Also, I just found a diary that isn't in any of the two lists (don't ask me:confused:) The name is Suchong - Changing Employers and it was inside a trash can behind a dor covered by ice in Point Prometheus. The door is the one right outside the labs where you get the Voice Module of the Big Daddy. The trashcan is one of the 2 behind a painting in this room :)

Hope that's an easy description to follow:p

I can confirm the above diary location to be correct. I also just happpened to pick up Andrew Ryan - Mistakes. Its located to the right of a gene bank, on top of a small grey machine with levers.

According to antoher forum theres one more diary in Hepheaestus that everyone and myself missed. But that is all thats missing because they said they have the achievement. This diary is Andrew Ryan - Imposible Anywhere Else. It could be the one in Andrew Ryan's office which you have to grab before you kill him. I have edited my above list now to include this. Also I have found that there is no diary in Cohen's Apartment so its somewhere else apparently. So it must be somewhere else in Olympus Heights. I'll have to look more thoroughly next time.

This one is NOT in andrew ryans office. If you go to the vending machine that spits out a bomb which is infront of "heat loss monitoring" go to the right of that and you'll see these huge tire-looking rings piled up. Behind those are some stairs and downstairs on top of a desk is this diary.

Great work thanks for that information! Any idea where the Suchong - Fontaine's Human Jukebox diary is in Olympus Heights -- Apollo Square?

Its in the same apartment where you get the clever inventor tonic. The game points you to that when you first start this level. As soon as you get in the apartment, go left and you'll see a bunch of overturned tables. Behind the tables is this diary on the floor.

I can confirm the above diary location to be correct. I also just happpened to pick up Andrew Ryan - Mistakes. Its located to the right of a gene bank, on top of a small grey machine with levers.

Thank you, found it :) The gene bank mentioned is in the area you get the big daddy armor, there are some stairs leading up in this area, the gene bank is in the room on top of these stairs.

2 more to go :woop:

Sweet!!! Found Suchong-Protector Smell :Bounce:

Turn your back to where the above diary was and go to the door on your right, go past the next door and the diary will be above the computer left of the column in front of you.

Only one to go:woop::woop::woop:

I hate to be picky but can you be more specific about the location of the "Suchong - Fontaine's Human Jukebox" Diary? Is it in the Apollo Square area or the Olympus Heights area? And which apartment is it? Perhaps details as to where on the map to find the apartment?

Nice job guys getting the achievement. We are working on this Diary Guide... taking a little extra time and work, but we are getting somewhere. Keep those updates coming... please post them here and not messaging, going to have some people edit the thread since I will be away this upcoming week.

im just getting the game. if i happen to miss any. can you go back and get it or do have to wait till you beat it and replay it to get the ones you missed. when you do replay it the diarys you already have are the gone so you know you have it or are they there again. like on gears of war the cog tags arent there on the second play thru if you already picked them up. thanks

Peach Wilkins - Meeting With Fontaine - Once in Smuggler's Hideout, you will come to a place where there is a drill looking device and a gun turret shooting at you. Kill the gun turret and to the right of the gun turret will be the diary leaning against a crate

Frank Fontaine - Kraut Scientist - After watching the pipes blow up by the submarine, continue onwards and you will come to a sort of big wooden area with some splicers. Kill all these guys, and once you reach the bottom, you will come to a gate with a lock on your right, right before you enter the tunnel. Break the lock and the diary will be on the ground next to some crates

Peach Wilkins - Offered A Deal - Right after you watch the submarine blow up, continue on and once you start going towards the Bulkhead to Arcadia, the diary will be on the ground next to a crate before the bridge