All 45 Discovery Locations

Scotian Bred

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ke/sv/12dsb2JhbC9ECgUMGgEfWSolL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPgA6zY=.jpg BAJA: Edge of Control http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ke/sv/12dsb2JhbC9ECgUMGgEfWSolL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPgA6zY=.jpg

All 45 Discovery Locations

Note: This guide was written by NumberUno x360a for use on x360a.org and nowhere else, don't steal it's against the law.

THIS IS ROUGH DRAFT ONLY! but I wanted to post them as soon as I was done. Editing to be continued...

!!!PAINTED DESERT!!!

Once you start free roam head the entire way down the road, and once it meets up with sand, you will have discovered Sand Snakes.

From the Sand Snakes continue along the paved road and you will come across a sign (first sign after the sand snakes) that says

BF Goodrich and has a picture of a car, turn onto the dirt path directy to the left of this sign and make you way straight up the path, and straight up the big hill

once you get to the top of this big hill go to the right to discover the Broken Axle Track.

Continuing from the sand snakes discovery along the same way, keep going down the road past where you went to discover Broken Axle track

until you pass two big red towers. After the towers and continuing on the road you will begin to go up a hill and facing the sunset, on your left down below the cliff wall will

be the discoverycalled the Desert Playground. Also when looking down at the Desert playground from the road, take a look directly behind it also see the Sand Dunes Discovery.

After Continuing from the Desert playground and the Sand dunes going the same way along the paved road

you will come across an old brown water tower all alone on the left of the road, and in behind it a big hill. Get to the top of that hill to discover the Sunset Mesa.

!!!UYUNI SALT FLATS!!!

All Directons are giving as if your beginning at the start!

As soon as you begin look to your left and you will see a bunch of mini lakes, head down dirctly towards them and you will discover the Slat Flats track.

Keep going in a straight line to also discover the Mud Pits in behind the track.

From the beginning head down the dirt road and cut left at the fork in the road, go so far and you will see a building to your left next to a

lake head to it and you will have found the Uyuni Prison.

From the beginning reverse until you hit the intersection behind you, you're going to have to go left in the same direction as the Salt Flats

track and the mud pits but stay on the road until you come to a Reddish lake on the left, go into it to discover Blood pond.

From the beginning head down the dirt road and go straight at the fork in the road and down into the water to discover the Salt Flats.

!!!COCONO ISLAND!!!

Along the outside edge of the island you will notice a white lighthouse go to it to discover the Lighthouse lookout

this next one can also be found along the edge of the island look for a grouping of little islands forming what looks to be a path across the water, head out onto

these islands to discover Island hopping

There is a long bridge leaving from the Island along the edge which is blocked by two orange barriers go through the barriers to discover Bridge out

Once you find bridge out head onto the bridge itself and turn around, now that your facing the fork in the road head directy straight over the

sand and hills to come apon a little grouping of houses to discover Capital City.

Get up high and look for the tallest mountain, once you find it you must make you way to the very top of it, once your at the top there will be a little

more hieght to go on a little peak, so climb up it as well and discover Top Of the World.

!!!CABO SAN LUCAS!!!

Go straight down the road directly from the start and you will discover Downtown Cabo.

From the start take an immediate left and follow the road until you see the road coming from the City, at that point take the left and head up until you

notice a Golf Course go to the front of the clubhouse to discover it.

Head straight and take your first right, then follow the road along until you begin to go up a hill, once your going up the hill go slighty over to the

left and up through the green tress to discover Cabo wash.

From the Start head North East and keep going until you begin to se the ocean. Keep head North east and you will come to a little nieghbourhood with a

lot of houses, but you must go to the middle grouping and find the dead end street to get the discovery.

Don jaun Mendosa's Compound is near the little nieghbourhood and can be spotted easily by going to a high hill and looking around.

!!!NEVADA!!!

Head directly forward and into the city to discover Laughlin.

Turn immediatly left at the start and you will see a large dark brown hill, head towards it and drive up it to discover Granite Peak.

From the start go straight until you reach the bridge, once you do turn right just before and take the paved road all the way until you see a big

shopping centre and you will have discovered Parker.

On the right side of the Big shopping centre is the Parker Run discovery.

From the start go straight until you reach the bridge, once you do turn left this time and head down the paved road until you come to the roller coaster

that will be on the left hand side along the road, just drive up to it to discover Primm.

!!!MOGOLLON RIM!!!

Head straight from the start past a sign, and a house and you will spot some Rail Cars head to them to discover Southern Mann Trainyard.

If you go the same way towards the rail cars you will notice a lake slightly to the left of them, head to it to discover Horseshoe lake.

From the start turn around a go the opposite way your facing, you will come to a big lake, drive near it to discover Hourglass Lake.

From the start head left down the paved road until you reach the fork in the road near the lake, at the fork take the left way and go until you see a

red Barn with a few fair rides next to it. Drive near the entrance or even through the red barn to discover Baltman Farm.

From the start head left down the paved road until you reach the fork in the road near the lake, at the fork take the left way and go until you see a

bridge going over a stream once your beginning to take the turn on the road towards the bridge cut sharp left instead and head up the hill and through

some trees to discover Mogollon Speedway.

!!!CANYON DE CHELLY!!!

Go straight from the start down the dirt road and head to the Two blue barns on the right to discover Ron Ron's Farm.

From the start do a 180 and head straight you will soon see a large Cliffwall in the distance and a road going up it, your going to want to get the the

outlook that is above the sharp turn it has a single large tree on it go up and to the edge to discover Spider Rock View.

From the start do a 180 and head straight you will soon see a large Cliffwall in the distance and a road going up it, instead of going up this time head

to the right along the paved road and follow it until you reach a REMAX sign, right under the sign is a dirt road going up head up to the top and look for

a blue house and a windmill head to the edge near the house and you will discover Valley View.

When looking out from Valley view look below and notice the road taking two different directions, well in the middle of the roads is some race tracks, go

down and find the Oval track that looks like a Nascar oval style track with a big huge boulder in the middle drive on the track to discover Playground SR21.

Head the same way towards Spider Rock view and continue along the paved road until you come to a large dark brown crater along the left, now just after

circling it on the road head right from the road and up the big cliffwall to discover Rolling Hills raceway

!!!CANYON LAKE!!!

To your right as soon as you start there is a metal bridge if you look at it you will notice just before it there is a boat and a beach, head to it

to discover Broken Bottle Beach.

Fromj the start head straight down the dirt path and follow it until you discover Rattlesnake Ridge track.

Turn right from the start and head right down the paved road until you come to the covered marina (place where boats park) once you see it head down

to the beach and circle the marina staying along the waters edge along the beach until you come to discover the Flip Flop beach.

Turn right from the start and head right down the paved road yu will take a long bending left then it turns into a sharp right, just at the sharp right in

the road you should be able to view the right side of the bridge and behind you should be a slight elevation with a bunch of cactus on it head

onto that to discover lake view.

From the start look in the distance to the right of the sunset, you will notice some white buildings, head over to them to discover the Lowell Observatory.

Edited by Scotian Bred

!!!LAKE POWELL!!!

head straight towards the smoke stacks and make your way onto the paved road, continue along until you see a tower to the right of the road not far along

from the three smoke stacks, when you find it head to it to discover the Powell Solar Plant.

Head directly to the left from the start and you will come to a bunch of odd shaped light and dark brown rocks, head to them to discover Antelope Canyon.

From the start face to the right and you will see a large lone hill in the distance head to it and make your way up top , along the edge is a flat section

where you will discover Lake View.

While looking off from lake view towards the smoke stacks you will notice a sandy race track down below head down and you will discover Whispering Wind

track

At the start take a right and cross by the lake then hit the paved road and head left follow it all the way until you reach the bridge, after crossing

the bridge take a left and begin following the lakes edge until you see an outcrop of land with a bunch of trees on it, head onto that to discover Juniper

Hill.

Edited by Scotian Bred

!!!LAKE POWELL!!!

head straight towards the smoke stacks and make your way onto the paved road, continue along until you see a tower to the right of the road not far along

from the three smoke stacks, when you find it head to it to discover the Powell Solar Plant.

Head directly to the left from the start and you will come to a bunch of odd shaped light and dark brown rocks, head to them to discover Antelope Canyon.

From the start face to the left and you will see a large lone hill in the distance head to it and make your way up top , along the edge is a flat section

where you will discover Lake View.

While looking off from lake view towards the smoke stacks you will notice a sandy race track down below head down and you will discover Whispering Wind

track

At the start take a right and cross by the lake then hit the paved road and head left follow it all the way until you reach the bridge, after crossing

the bridge take a left and begin following the lakes edge until you see an outcrop of land with a bunch of trees on it, head onto that to discover Juniper

Hill.

I need help with the lake view and whispering track on lake powell! I've been driving everywhere to left and can't find it. HELP! :)

I need help with the lake view and whispering track on lake powell! I've been driving everywhere to left and can't find it. HELP! :)

From the starting point pan your camera to view the left view of the truck and you will see a large lone hill in the distance, head to it and make your way up top , along the edge is a flat section where you will discover Lake View.

When you get to Lake View look down below and you will see a race track go to it and that's Whispering Wind Track

From the starting point pan your camera to view the left view of the truck and you will see a large lone hill in the distance, head to it and make your way up top , along the edge is a flat section where you will discover Lake View.

When you get to Lake View look down below and you will see a race track go to it and that's Whispering Wind Track

hey, sorry, not trying to sound like an idiot, hehehe, but when I pan left from the starting point on lake powell, there's no clear view to the left of a lone hill - from the starting point the 3 smoke towers are barely in view on left side - is the lone hill further left of the smoke towers? based on the vehicle pointed straight ahead at start point, where is lone hill? 11 o'clock, 9 o'clock, etc? Sorry to be difficult, these are last two i have left.....

actually found it, it's the hill off in the distance to the "right" of the truck....at about 3 o'clock - btw, your guide for the discovery locations was great, I couldn't have come close to getting this achievement without it....THANKS AGAIN!

ok, I got a few problems. all in carbo San Lucas

first off, where the fuck is cabo wash? I've driven a good 3 square miles in the area left of the road up the hill and driven through all the trees with no go.

also, with no way to tell what way is North, how are we supposed to find the suburbs on the directions go Northwest? ocean covers about 2 out of the 4 sides of this map so that's confusing.

and awesome description for the Scarface house, "can be spotted easily by going to a high hill and looking around."do we really need a guide to look arround a map?

1 more thing I jsut have a little problem with, you typed this in Notepad and then pasted it in the forum box without removing the line breaks so that

sentences look like this.

ok, I got a few problems. all in carbo San Lucas

first off, where the fuck is cabo wash? I've driven a good 3 square miles in the area left of the road up the hill and driven through all the trees with no go.

also, with no way to tell what way is North, how are we supposed to find the suburbs on the directions go Northwest? ocean covers about 2 out of the 4 sides of this map so that's confusing.

and awesome description for the Scarface house, "can be spotted easily by going to a high hill and looking around."do we really need a guide to look arround a map?

1 more thing I jsut have a little problem with, you typed this in Notepad and then pasted it in the forum box without removing the line breaks so that

sentences look like this.

Editing to be continued, that's what it says at the top :p

Its a complete list, I just need to finish Baja 500 and I will have completed the game, and then I can get to work on formatting and making this Guide look sexy. Until then your gonna have to make do with whats here.

North is the way your facing from the beginning, once you get to the little village, and you pan the camera around you will see the mansion in the hills very easily.

Don't forget to zoom the camera out far away from the truck by hold LB and pulling back on the RS. Click the RS in to lock the camera, that will help you see so much better, its a hidden camera setting that's not in the instruction manual.

Great post... some descriptions don't seem obvious enough to me.

Been driving around for a while, but can't get these last 3.

It would be useful if you could put down distance (eg. travel 2 miles, then turn left).

Is there anywhere in the game that lists what you've already found?

Can someone please be more descriptive about these...

!!!CABO SAN LUCAS!!!

Cabo wash

Head straight and take your first right, then follow the road along until you begin to go up a hill, once your going up the hill go slighty over to the left and up through the green tress to discover Cabo wash.

!!!CANYON LAKE!!!

Lake View

Turn right from the start and head right down the paved road yu will take a long bending left then it turns into a sharp right, just at the sharp right in the road you should be able to view the right side of the bridge and behind you should be a slight elevation with a bunch of cactus on it head onto that to discover lake view.

Thanks

Edited by cooshti

Some people just aren't good with directions.

Putting down miles until you turn and so on will not be happening, I'm not mapquest people :p

In Cabo San Lucas "north" is meant to be the direction your facing when you first begin.

As for the other two those are easy enough, if you follow what it says.

And the game does track what you found, once you find something you can hit start and then restart to begin from the beginning, if you find something you have already found it will just say "you have rediscovered so and so".

I would love to have used a capture card for all these, but sadly I don't have one at the moment, so make due guys/gals, you will find them.

Edited by Scotian Bred

ok... a bit more patience and just two to go.

cabo wash

is it some water/lake?

haven't a clue where this one is

lake view

do you...

turn right at the start.

when you get to the paved road, turn right, go up the slope

follow the road around to the left, then down.

at bottom of slope... is this where "sharp right" is?

any chance of showing me on free ride multiplayer?

gt is "cooshti"

Edited by cooshti

I started working on all these last night, and got more than I thought I would.

So far I found 5/5 for both "Nevada" & "Uyuni Salt Flats" from just wondering around!

I got 3/5 for "Cocono Island", and I got 4/5 in "Cabo San Lucas".

All from just wondering around the various levels!

"Cabo Wash" is the only hidden discovery I am missing from Cabo.

And I still need to get "Top Of the World" & "Capitol City" for the Cocono Island location.

I started writing a guide for these on another forum, so I will copy what I wrote from there for one of them...

!!!Cabo San Lucas!!!

For the 4th items listed as: "little nieghbourhood with a lot of houses"

<cut> read down 2 posts.

Edited by thedave
new info below

I started working on all these last night, and got more than I thought I would.

So far I found 5/5 for both "Nevada" & "Uyuni Salt Flats" from just wondering around!

I got 3/5 for "Cocono Island", and I got 4/5 in "Cabo San Lucas".

All from just wondering around the various levels!

"Cabo Wash" is the only hidden discovery I am missing from Cabo.

And I still need to get "Top Of the World" & "Capitol City" for the Cocono Island location.

I started writing a guide for these on another forum, so I will copy what I wrote from there for one of them...

!!!Cabo San Lucas!!!

For the 4th items listed as: "little nieghbourhood with a lot of houses"

I would start by finding the Cruise Ship. Once you see that, drive to the ocean / shoreline on the beach looking straight out at the ship. Turn 90 degrees to the right, follow the shoreline up a ways (north?). When you get near the end of where you can drive on the (sand) beach, and a small paved road begins, as soon as that paved road begins, look about 90 degrees to the right, you should see some (3-4?) houses just up the hill, start driving straight towards them, the 1st few houses you come to should be on a Cul-de-sac. Make sure to drive on the Cul-de-sac. A message should appear about some "pools", and to "dive in".

Sorry Dave but this is x360a and with me on the case this solution has been figured out already, surly your not using this guide to find them yourself. Obviously that's a yes.

But on the other hand your doing what all others are and not waiting for the final product. Stop dissing the directions :p, and just be happy you don't have to waste 15 hours finding them all with no guide like I did.

Now as for the Cul de Sac? I live in Canada and we call them dead end roads/streets. I never heard anybody say it other then on TV. :p

...surly your not using this guide to find them yourself. Obviously that's a yes.

But on the other hand your doing what all others are and not waiting for the final product. Stop dissing the directions :p, and just be happy you don't have to waste 15 hours finding them all with no guide like I did.

Understand, I am not dissing your guide here in any way. Only trying to help add to it.

On a game (& goal) like this, with no map, no gps, not even a frick''n compass, in the game for this part. The more details, the better.

And last night, I was not using this guide, but I used it earlier today for my two remaining hidden items for Cocono Island, and it worked great!

So Thank You :)

I loaded up Cabo earlier also, and still could not find the "Cabo Wash", and I have a question about your instruction details:

What do you mean take "1st right". Because right when you start, you can take an IMMEDIATE right, or, you can drive a little bit into town, and take a right in town. Which one?

I have done both of the "right turns", and not found it at all.

As for "up the hill" left towards "green trees", it is kind of difficult to go off those.

If you, or anyone, is able to try and clairify that a bit, it would be MUCH appreciated :D

!!!CABO SAN LUCAS!!!

Your #3 item: "Cabo Wash"

This one I found last :(

Here is how I found it though:

IMMEDIATELY when you start in Cabo, take the 90 degree right turn on the paved road. Drive on the paved road through ONE bridge. After driving through that bridge, turn out on the dirt to the left.

You will see the side of a hill (mountain) in the distance with obvious dirt tracks going vertically up & down its side. Drive towards that, and you will find the "Cabo Wash".

Just to clarify my earlier tip a little:

For the 4th items listed as: "little neighborhood with a lot of houses"

I would start by finding the Cruise Ship. Once you see that, drive to the ocean / shoreline on the beach looking straight out at the ship. Turn 90 degrees to the right, follow the shoreline up a ways (north?). When you get near the end of where you can drive on the (sand) beach, and a small paved road begins.

Get on the paved road. Drive on it briefly. It will take a 90 degree right turn, and then a large rock (cliff?) will be on the right, turn right immediately into the house / street. The turn right again, and drive past the 2 houses to the Cul-de-sac (end of road).

Make sure to drive on the Cul-de-sac. A message should appear about some "pools", and to "dive in".

Now, about that term, it is a very common term used (at least here in the states). Generally a Cul-de-sac is known as the end of a residential street, and a big round circle of pavement for allowing cars to turn around on (just as is looks in the game).

NOW, after tonight, I have just one left!

On Canyon Lake, I can not find the "Lake View".

The description is a little bit confusing. :confused:

It says to start off, goto the right onto the paved road.

When you get to the paved road, which way do you turn?

Turn right (onto the paved road) going toward the bridge, or turn left (onto the paved road) going away from the bridge?

Since the description says you will see the "right side of the bridge", I am assuming you would turn right ON TO the paved road. Since in order to "see" the right side of the bridge, you would have to drive far PAST it, and then look back at it.

This seems like an awful far drive, and the description doesn't say that you have to drive a long ways...

And having to "head onto a slight elevation with cactus" is pretty vague. There are cactus everywhere on this level, as well as elevation changes everywhere.

Could someone please clarify this hidden discovery a bit?

It would be much appreciated since it is my last!

Edited by thedave

thanks thedave for the cabo wash details...

that extra info (across one bridge/tracks on mountain), made all the difference.

i did make the point that some of the descriptions were not as full as they could be.

it's not criticism or dissing... it's trying to make something good (which this guide is) better and more user-friendly.

i drove around for an eternity, but still haven't found lake view yet :(

cul-de-sac literally means "bottom of a bag" in Catalan (wikipedia)

learn something every day :D

Edited by cooshti

From the start turn 90 right.

Turn right onto the road and stay on it for 1.3 miles

(Up slope, around to left / sharp right / very long left / another sharpish right)

Immediately after sharpish right, when road straightens, stop.

In front you'll see Bully Dog sign on right.

Behind you'll see "right-side" of bridge.

Turn 90 right and head up onto the little plateau.

Lake View :D

Edited by cooshti

cooshti,

Hmm. Did not know that about "cul-de-sac" either...

THANK YOU for your description on the "Lake View"!

I will give that a try tonight, and see if I can find it :D

Now, for a couple more tips on hidden discoveries that I didn't find right away last night:

!!!PAINTED DESERT!!!

For item #2, after finding "Sand Snakes", keep going down the paved road as it says. When you see the BFG sign, turn left, go up the hill/mountain straight ahead.

I would change the rest to describe it like this:

Get to the top of that hill/mountain, as soon as you can even see the radio tower to left, make a right turn (almost a full U turn) on the path at top of hill. The path then curves slightly left with a big berm. Complete that 1st berm turn (soft left).

When the path turns left again (smaller berm), GO STRAIGHT out into the weeds (over the berm). You will find Broken Axle Track.

It almost looks like a paperclip racetrack in the dirt.

!!!MOGOLLON RIM!!!

#1, #2, #3 Easy to find! Thank You :D

You can combine #4 & #5 like this if you wish though:

-----------

#4:

From the start head left down the paved road until you reach the fork in the road near the lake, at the fork take the left.

FYI: Brigde #1 is covered (has trusses?), Bridge #2 is flat & just goes over a little stream.

AFTER you cross the 2nd bridge:

Off to the left, you will see a Red Barn (and a few fair rides).

Head off the road & drive straight into the Barn Door.

You should discover Baltman Farm.

-----------

After finding the Farm, turn around, and go back across the little Bridge.

Once across the little bridge, DO NOT turn left to follow the road.

Keep on going straight, and drive through some trees to discover Mogollon Speedway.

From the start turn 90 right.

Turn right onto the road and stay on it for 1.3 miles

(Up slope, around to left / sharp right / very long left / another sharpish right)

Immediately after sharpish right, when road straightens, stop.

In front you'll see Bully Dog sign on left.

Behind you'll see "right-side" of bridge.

Turn 90 right and head up onto the little plateau.

Lake View :D

Thanks for that buddy! That description helped me alot.;)

BTW the Bully Dog sign is on the right.