Road Map to 1000

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10

-Offline: 17(1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg: 15 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Glitched achievements: No.

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: N/A

Introduction:

Samurai Warriors 2 Empires is a hack and slash game with a strategy flavor that retells Japanese history. The strategy part of the game is just a couple of menu screens before each battle, so 90% of the game plays like all of the other Warriors games. You begin with your territory on a map and then select to invade all other territories, one at a time, defeating base captains to take over bases until you reach the main enemy base. You will be playing about 60 levels in total.

Some attention is needed for the full 1000, hence the usefulness of this road map. However, you may play on Novice difficulty for the achievements which makes this game a very easy 1K.

Step #1:

Begin Empire mode and select the "Battle of Kawanakajima" scenario. Choose Shingen Takeda. Select Proceed a couple of times. After a turn the battle of Kawanakajima will trigger for the first achievement - just save after the battle.

Now you need to conquer all the fiefs in the land (25) to win this scenario which will unlock three achievements along the way. During the strategy phases, feel free to Consult with your officers, Delegate, or Decree. Work on getting your Sword Smith (or any one you prefer) up to level 4 (Decree-:Armaments) because at that point you may select an officer who is NOT Lord Shingen Takeda and who uses the sword type (Info->Officers->Details will show you the weapon type). Get 500 kills on a level and you earn an achievement for a Level 4 weapon. A good way to rack up kills is to go to the enemy's main base without first clearing all the other bases and enemies will respawn. D-Pad Down will keep your officers on defense.

As you choose strategies, avoid taxing the people because you want to get them to like you. Select Inspection when you can. Right before battle, after selecting Invade, pay attention to Equipment, Formations, and Tactics. Use the highest level weapon you can, and ride a mount to go faster.

You can hold up to 4 horses but you want to have room for the ones you need for the achievements, so in Strategy phase, select Decree-:Negotiation-:Shop and you can sell the Mounts you do not want. If Shop is not available, keep taking over Fiefs and it will eventually unlock.

When you have the ability to do Chinese Trade, select it every time until you are given the horse.

When you have taken over a fief on the west coast you will be able to do western trade. Select it every time until you get the horse. Achievement progress: 7/17

Step #2:

When you have only one fief left to take, make a save. Now constantly use Inspection until you have unlocked Exemption and use Exemption until you have unlocked Benefaction. Use Benefaction until you get the horse Matsukaze.

Now reload the save, conquer the final fief, and your lord will be in a cutscene with the four most valuable officers. Write their names down when they appear on screen. Reload the save. On the Station screen, dismiss every single general except those four, and make them generals. Now take turns delegating to the four officers as well as consulting them. After 15 minutes of this the 4 Guardians cutscene should run. Achievement progress: 10/17

Step #3:

After finishing Kawanakajima, start a new game and select "Unification of Kanto". You have 5 fiefs to take over this time. Winning this scenario unlocks the Battle of Anegawa. Achievement progress: 11/17

Step #4:

Start the Battle of Anegawa as Nobunaga Oda and wait a turn. You do not need to play the whole scenario. Achievement progress: 12/17

Step #5:

Start the "Incident at Honnoji" scenario as Nobunaga Oda. Wait a turn for the battle. You need to play this scenario which is another 25 fiefs. The Persian Mare should make it go by quick.

Towards the end of this campaign I used a Level 10 Ryanmaru (very long sword) with a level 3 weapon to get 1000 kills in about 27 minutes. Use the Time Increasing tactic if you can. Getting a thousand kills with a non-lord officer unlocks the Most Valuable Warrior achievement. Achievement progress: 15/17

Step #6:

Winning "Incident at Honnoji" unlocks the "Battle of Sekigahara". Choose anyone for that scenario, wait a turn, and get the achievement. Now restart "Battle of Sekigahara". Remove Yukimura Sanada from the Sanada clan and place him in the Toyotomi Clan. Now play as Toyotomi, keeping just the two fiefs, defending when necessary. Make alliances with Tokugawa until 1614, making sure he survives. In the year 1614, make sure Toyotomi has only two fiefs, every officer is at or above 2000 troops, and Tokugawa officers have 5000+ troops. In 1615 the battle should trigger. It took me several reloads of a 1612 save for the battle to trigger, as there is no way of knowing if all Tokugawa officers have above 5000 troops. I was invaded by Tokugawa in the Fall of 1615, captured the officer, and the cutscene fortunately triggered afterwards. Achievement progress: 17/17

Conclusion:

Having looked over much of the data out there on this game, these methods seemed the easiest to employ.

Edited by LausDomini

• 1 month later...

I followed this road map all the way and it worked perfect. Thank you and awesome job. One thing I did find about that Four Guardian achievement is the 4 that will be chosen are your 4 highest ranking officers so I just trained some guys I wanted to be the guardians. It doesnt matter if its a regular officer or a unique character though. Its still good to follow the guide and see who its going to be by battling and reloading.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes it will unlock the Osaka campaign achievement. The Road Map creator, Laus Domini doesnt mention it formally as the Osaka campaign but that is what he is eluding to in Step 6. The achievement guide said to play as Tokugawa but I found I just followed the road map and played as Toyotomi and constantly formed alliances with Tokugawa, keeping my 2 fiefs, and letting Tokugawa take over the rest of the Japan until it was just me and him left and then it finally triggered. I didnt follow the exact conditions he stated like the army size but it still triggered for me.

The Road Map states:

Step #6:

Winning "Incident at Honnoji" unlocks the "Battle of Sekigahara". Choose anyone for that scenario, wait a turn, and get the achievement. Now restart "Battle of Sekigahara". Remove Yukimura Sanada from the Sanada clan and place him in the Toyotomi Clan. Now play as Toyotomi, keeping just the two fiefs, defending when necessary. Make alliances with Tokugawa until 1614, making sure he survives. In the year 1614, make sure Toyotomi has only two fiefs, every officer is at or above 2000 troops, and Tokugawa officers have 5000+ troops. In 1615 the battle should trigger. It took me several reloads of a 1612 save for the battle to trigger, as there is no way of knowing if all Tokugawa officers have above 5000 troops. I was invaded by Tokugawa in the Fall of 1615, captured the officer, and the cutscene fortunately triggered afterwards. Achievement progress: 17/17

The achievement guide states:

First start a game on the "Battle of Sekigahara" scenario. Put Yukimura Sanada in the Toyotomi clan. Choose to play as Ieyasu Tokugawa. Now keep the toyotomi clan alive, an effective way to do this is ally with them and then help them defend their territory any time they are attacked. By 1615 you need to have conquered all the territories except the 2 owned by toyotomi. The battle will trigger between 1615 and 1619. A prompt will ask you if you want to participate. Accept, you don't need to win in order to get the achievement.

Edited by n8ryder

• 3 months later...

Can anyone tell me if Togawa has to get all the fiefs but the 2 of Toyomi's?

Also, if I get a request for the other battle, does that muck this one up?

___

Edit; Ok, got the achievement, for all you who are wondering about the Togawa having all fiefs except for Toyomi's 2, don't worry, just make sure he has at least 4 fiefs, he had 6 fiefs on mines, and once the alliance ran out (1614 Winter) by 1615 Spring, he invaded Toyomi's lands, say yes to when the Osaki Campaign request pops up, either win or lose the battle, I don't think it matters either way, winning doesn't take too long anyways, all you have to do is use the Persian Mare and run straight up to the target for winning the battle, he would be there even know you didn't line any bases up, simply defeat him, then save your game, achievement should pop up.

Edited by TakahashiDemon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I wonder, who and how, could find way to unlock Osaka Campain, generally remove Y. Sanada from Sanada clan and place him to Toyomi clan.

I think there is only 1 little logical clue on map -> Toyomi and Tokugawa clans have 2 teritories, other clans have only 1, so it does make sence focus on them. But other mechanisms with remove and place general to different clan, Toyomi hold only 2 territories and all must be done before year 1615...

...it is really MAD and man who found this method is GENIUS !! :bow:

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.

• 1 year later...