No, nothing carries over into new difficulties. The do carry on into the end game though. You can get Big Daddy's Back on normal, only 2 achievements aren't available on normal - Cherubic and Seraphic Gatekeeper, for beating the SG Queen on hard and infinity respectively.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you recommend that I unlock most the achievements now and then go back and play it on normal and infinity to get the last two?

Oh also compulsive, cause I didn't bother with that while playing through on normal. I don't think I ever will, haha.

Edited by McCetra

Would you recommend that I unlock most the achievements now and then go back and play it on normal and infinity to get the last two?

It's really up to you and what you've done so far on Normal. Difficulty-wise the difference between Normal and Hard is minute at best so, for example, if you haven't been diligent with items for the Compulsive chievement it's really no biggie - you can do it on Hard just as "easily".

Personally I'd recommend getting them all sorted before tackling Infinity, though. That way you don't have to go out of your way to annoying areas (I'm looking at you Cobasna) for quests or whatever and can focus on getting through the game to score that last point. But again - all achievements can be done on Infinity as well so...

i did go back and get the notations from sigmund before burgstadt but i didnt team up with the boy to write the Valere music. it doesnt show up in my creation menu. would his writing level affect this? cuz he's still level one. did i miss it or what? if i did miss it you should note in the guide that you not only have to get the notations but write the music

Indeed his IC-Writing level affect this. As all ICs, the higher it is, the more items you can create (it's the same also for another thing that works as an IC; I don't say what 'cause it might be a little spoiler). Actually that's not of of the last things you can create ("write") with Rico's skill, because it requires level 3. Although it's not that important, as in a normal playthrough I don't think anyone really uses to play the flute except from three tunes: Percipere, in order to use its important reveal-things-behind-waving-air; Prudentiae, that is very useful in some fights, if you can use that as it should be used (it makes the hardest boss of the bonus dungeon extremely easy; it also works with many other bosses: it nullifies all magics, so that's very handy); Mare Lunaris, that can be useful if you don't like to waste a particular kind of potions (that can also be bought, anyway) - I don't say its effect as it can contain some spoiler as well.

Anyway, just to point that out: the most important thing that the guides warns is that you have to take the notations; once you have it, it will be in your KI-list; therefore you'll be able to create the thing that teaches Capell Valere music whenever you want. So what's most important is just getting the notations; the "thing that teaches" is also required for Compulsive, but can't be missed if you get the notations.

I need help with for the children achievement. Im currently lvl17 and so is Aya. Im playing on normal. Any tactics? Becuase the one from the video guide doesnt work for me.

Ignore the bear, and kill the serpents first. If you can, get a delaying attack on them (like Aya's attack, or Capell's B attack that knocks them into the air).

Also, try not to get between the bear and Leif - while the bear won't attack Leif directly, he could still get injured when the bear takes a swing at you.

Going into battle connected is a good idea, as you can get Aya to shoot off an attack straight away.

The best way, I noticed when it was too late, is to give Capell a powerful weapon (Crystallite Sword or similar, you know) crafted with Voucher and Edward, that of course must be done before that point. If you have that weapon, snakes will die very quickly. Again, as he said, ignore the bear, but if it comes close to Capell that is gettind rid of the snakes try to Guard his attack, because it can throw Capell on air (bad grammar, sorry) and can hit several more times, thus having you waste precious seconds. The last advice I think can be given is to use Cutting Gavotte, that throws enemies like snakes about always on air (again), thus having you earn precious seconds. Have Tactic selected on Focus, it's the best one I think. Also try the best skills Aya has. If you really don't manage, just leave the achievement for a further gameplay (if you are not already on Infinity you'll have to play it at least once more).

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question. I entered Castle Prevant without knowing about the Capell to the Rescue achievement and went on through the castle doing my normal thing. Did I just miss out on the achievement? I found a cell key and used it to open a cell but inside was one of the evil soldiers? I thought the cels were for the allied soldiers..

Can I still get the achievement or do I have to get it on my next playthrough?

Quick question. I entered Castle Prevant without knowing about the Capell to the Rescue achievement and went on through the castle doing my normal thing. Did I just miss out on the achievement? I found a cell key and used it to open a cell but inside was one of the evil soldiers? I thought the cels were for the allied soldiers..

Can I still get the achievement or do I have to get it on my next playthrough?

Yes you've missed it, unless you have a save very early on in the castle you won't have enough time to get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry if this has already been found but i thought it could be added for the

money achievement

I noticed this the other day when i was selling things and thought i would try something and it works....First off save up about 11,000 fol and some change..I think the amount comes 11,300 but dont quote me on it..But once you finish the castle area and it asks you who you want in your party take edward and whoever else you want to use..I suggest whoever you want to knock out the 5 point achievements for with the cooking and all that stuff..Go back to that first town that you took aya too and buy 98 things of sheep hide and use them to make smiley charms and you should be able make 49 of them now walk back into town (i suggest making them right outside of town) and go into the general store and sell them for a profit of 73,700..

enjoy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/450/+rgNLA==.jpg Time for Glasses? - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Keep on clocking hours.

You must play the game for 40 hours for this achievement, this most all be done in one playthrough, for example you CANNOT have 20 hours in one playthrough and 20 in another. If you have already completed the game, you can still continue, by loading the end game save.

If you need to add extra time to your game you can just leave your game running over night, but make sure to use a wired controller or a play and charge kit so that the game doesn't pause when your controller turns off.

I just got this achievement, it doesn't matter if you playthrough then save. I had 32 hours of playthrough saved and the next day I play for a little bit more and it unlocked once it made it past the 40 hour mark.

I just got this achievement, it doesn't matter if you playthrough then save. I had 32 hours of playthrough saved and the next day I play for a little bit more and it unlocked once it made it past the 40 hour mark.

He means it won't unlock when adding different playthrough times together, for example if you played 15 hours on normal, and on a different playthrough played 30 hours even though it totals 40 hours it would not unlock. The 40 hours must be on one playthrough, not multiple games.

WebChimp UK

• 2 weeks later...
He means it won't unlock when adding different playthrough times together, for example if you played 15 hours on normal, and on a different playthrough played 30 hours even though it totals 40 hours it would not unlock. The 40 hours must be on one playthrough, not multiple games.

WebChimp UK

Hitting 40 hours isn't really that tough, when you factor in compulsive, filthy rich, and the final 1g achievement, you should easily hit 40.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...