Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

Hopefully once I finish the storyline, I can go back and Gold Medal all the S&F's that way I don't need to work with so many long Story missions! I'd love to have everything Single Player related done by next Tuesday when the Online launches...but at this rate...I doubt it.

My thoughts exactly. I collected all the letters today, but I've had to take a break from the game and get back to BF3 - I was just getting so burned out. I sat here for about 12 to 14 hours a day, three days straight, with non-stop GTA IV.

Tomorrow I'm going to get the alien space ship parts and maybe I'll try to knock out the sea collection achievement (the waste). After that, I'll get all the requirements for 100%, beat the game so I have it, and then focus on getting all Golds so I have no SP achievements left come next Tuesday, as I'll solely be focusing on enjoying Online and playing the BF4 beta.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully once I finish the storyline, I can go back and Gold Medal all the S&F's that way I don't need to work with so many long Story missions! I'd love to have everything Single Player related done by next Tuesday when the Online launches...but at this rate...I doubt it.

I would definitely wait before replaying missions. I am going to get everything done before I try anymore as I have had cars disappear and even current ongoing strangers and friends missions restart, which was very annoying when I had to start Kifflom over again.

My thoughts exactly. I collected all the letters today, but I've had to take a break from the game and get back to BF3 - I was just getting so burned out. I sat here for about 12 to 14 hours a day, three days straight, with non-stop GTA IV.

Tomorrow I'm going to get the alien space ship parts and maybe I'll try to knock out the sea collection achievement (the waste). After that, I'll get all the requirements for 100%, beat the game so I have it, and then focus on getting all Golds so I have no SP achievements left come next Tuesday, as I'll solely be focusing on enjoying Online and playing the BF4 beta.

I need to speed my progress up. I'm hoping my schedule falls like this:

Tuesday: TP Arms Industries + (other side achievements) + Bridges/Knifes

Wednesday: Stunts + UFO Parts

Thursday: Letters + Nuclear Waste

Friday - Sunday: Finish everything else + Gold Medals

Really hope I can finish the 665:gsicon: of Single Player before Tuesday as well!!

I would definitely wait before replaying missions. I am going to get everything done before I try anymore as I have had cars disappear and even current ongoing strangers and friends missions restart, which was very annoying when I had to start Kifflom over again.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Hopefully they won't be too bad going back to and I can easily Gold Medal 'em in just one attempt to save time.

I need to speed my progress up. I'm hoping my schedule falls like this:

Tuesday: TP Arms Industries + (other side achievements) + Bridges/Knifes

Wednesday: Stunts + UFO Parts

Thursday: Letters + Nuclear Waste

Friday - Sunday: Finish everything else + Gold Medals

Really hope I can finish the 665:gsicon: of Single Player before Tuesday as well!!

Yeah, that's a good idea. Hopefully they won't be too bad going back to and I can easily Gold Medal 'em in just one attempt to save time.

Seems like a good schedule. Good luck! My problem is I get wrapped up in playing Battlefield 3 or I switch back to get some Vegas 1 achievements (damn my new profile, I already had 900+ on this a few years ago) and I just don't play GTA V. I would have almost everything done now if I had stuck with GTA V entirely.

Mission: The Civil Border Patrol (Triggered by Trevor)

• Mariachi My Ride - Steal the band's Tornado after stunning them
  • Stop the Music - Stop the ban within 40 secons

Typo yo but don't call me the grammar nazi haha!

Finally got my gold missions done (37 STORY/32 SAF). On my count that is 69, weird but it unlocked!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

For any mission where there are no set requirements (bonuses do not count) it is an automatic gold for completion.

This leads me to believe that for doing the trafficing missions I have gained an extra 10 gold medals... But when going down my missions list and my strangers/freaks list I count 66 golds... So surely I should have the achievement by now if Trevor's delivery missions count? :S

For now I'm going down the list of story missions, getting gold on everything, but "Bugstars Equipment" (smart Jewel Store Job preparation) won't load. It just sits at a black screen with the spinning thing in the corner until I dashboard :/ I only tried twice, but I'm paranoid it could corrupt a save or something. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Tried a third time, this time waiting ~8 minutes before dashboarding. Obviously it's not a huge deal, but I was looking forward to seeing solid gold medals on the top 16 missions :p

Edited by Dawgmuffin

So, have the arms trafficking missions definitely been confirmed to count towards gold? I have 37 without, 47 with. It would be nice to know!

I just got the achievement (And 665 gamerscore now!), and I can confirm, as I always assumed, that Trevor's trafficking missions do not count. I had to get 70 gold medals that actually appeared in the replay menu, then ended up getting another before the achievement popped during the post-result loading screen. My guess is you just have to finish another mission for the game to realize you have 70.

I just got the achievement (And 665 gamerscore now!), and I can confirm, as I always assumed, that Trevor's trafficking missions do not count. I had to get 70 gold medals that actually appeared in the replay menu, then ended up getting another before the achievement popped during the post-result loading screen. My guess is you just have to finish another mission for the game to realize you have 70.

Unlocked for me as I got number 70. Also confirm that Trevors do not count.

The Merryweather Heist - Freighter Approach

Does this counts as two golds after you replay the mission with other approach, or the game counts only first one, who you choose?

I'm around 60 golds now and only 225G. Think i'll get the gold achievement before anything else. :p

I love that the whole world is unlocked from beginning and you are free to explore, without the need to constantly do story missions to unlock other parts, like the old GTA games.

Thanks for this, imo some of these are gonna be pretty annoying to get.

Just do as much Strangers & Freaks missions as possible. Not that the main strory ones are tough, but they are much longer.

Edited by Pavel

Anyone having an issue with the quest about the architect plans getting a gold? Ive done it at 45 seconds even and it wont give me gold... does it have to be under 45 seconds? Seems like theres other requirements this isn't showing besides just completing within 45 seconds or under.

Has to be under. As soon as the guy tosses you a hard hat, run up and kill/punch the architect and then run away. I did it in 13 seconds.