New to the game

Masterfuljk23

The AI on My Player can be very frustrating at times. It's generally recommended you be a PG first just for the extra control over the game and the plays made.

But, this is what I did when I first made my SG:

- Upgrade Shot Medium, Shot In Traffic and Shot Off Dribble.

Max these out. It's a lot simpler to get these in rather than taking it to the rack or shooting threes. They are also a great last resort if a play broke down. You'll get a lot of bar from Good Shot selections and it will help with getting those A+'s more consistently.

- Let the computer run their plays. Test which ones work and which don't. For the ones that don't, try and add your own lead during the play for an open jumper, or press 'LB'. This cancels the current play and your teammate will set a screen for you.

Lead your opponent in to the screen for an easy open J.

- Watch the opponents plays while on defense. The computer generally only use about 5-6 different plays and if you know where the ball is headed, you can get an easy tipped pass and streak down court for a fast break.

- Try as hard as you can not to pass out of shots, make cross-court passes or pass to a teammate over 2 players. The computer makes some ridiculous tips and you'll get bad passes and turnovers which kill your grade.

This is all I can really think of for now, if I remember anything else I'll post it.

The AI on My Player can be very frustrating at times. It's generally recommended you be a PG first just for the extra control over the game and the plays made.

But, this is what I did when I first made my SG:

- Upgrade Shot Medium, Shot In Traffic and Shot Off Dribble.

Max these out. It's a lot simpler to get these in rather than taking it to the rack or shooting threes. They are also a great last resort if a play broke down. You'll get a lot of bar from Good Shot selections and it will help with getting those A+'s more consistently.

- Let the computer run their plays. Test which ones work and which don't. For the ones that don't, try and add your own lead during the play for an open jumper, or press 'LB'. This cancels the current play and your teammate will set a screen for you.

Lead your opponent in to the screen for an easy open J.

- Watch the opponents plays while on defense. The computer generally only use about 5-6 different plays and if you know where the ball is headed, you can get an easy tipped pass and streak down court for a fast break.

- Try as hard as you can not to pass out of shots, make cross-court passes or pass to a teammate over 2 players. The computer makes some ridiculous tips and you'll get bad passes and turnovers which kill your grade.

This is all I can really think of for now, if I remember anything else I'll post it.

Thank you very much i really like the game and i did eventually make it out the draft to portland 2nd round, ill try these now trying to master some of the drills to help as well

Just a quick tip I found to be helpful if you're not a PG and looking for assists: use the pick and roll. Since you can't call plays at any position besides PG (unless you're a SG and they move you to PG every once in awhile), you can hold down LB to call for a pick, then once he bumps into the defender press LB again and he will cut to the basket (this is all in the advanced controls also). Then hit him with a pass while he's cutting for the basket for an easy assist.

I racked up a lot of assists this way playing as a SG. It was especially easy for me because I was on the Rockets and had Yao cutting in (he made pretty much every layup no matter how contested), but it should work for everyone.

It's just much easier to get assists in the early games than try and score with low shooting ratings. Good luck though!

• 4 weeks later...