Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are still wondering what missions count or don't count for the gold Medals, check the social site at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

Checklist items marked with a colored bar indicate contribution to the 100% completion. It's super easy and lists where all missing collectibles, S&F, random events, etc are located.

If you guys are still wondering what missions count or don't count for the gold Medals, check the social site at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

Checklist items marked with a colored bar indicate contribution to the 100% completion. It's super easy and lists where all missing collectibles, S&F, random events, etc are located.

You are mixing up gold medals and 100% completion. Totally different achievements.

The 'Vinewood Souvenirs - Tyler' (I think) one is nearly impossible because you start on foot and you're given thirty seconds to run up, kill everyone, and retrieve the golf club. Even if you die and respawn a little further, it's still hard. I can't do it.

Same problem here. I gave up on that for now. It takes more than 30 seconds to get to that dude. :( If you use checkpoint then you start closer to them, but the game adds previous time, so this makes the mission quite impossible to do.

Same problem here. I gave up on that for now. It takes more than 30 seconds to get to that dude. :( If you use checkpoint then you start closer to them, but the game adds previous time, so this makes the mission quite impossible to do.

I don't think it does, I died spawned ran straight at him ignoring security, game said I did it in 9 seconds.

That would be purely subjective information and such a tedious task, lol.

Plus, you could've luckily done some long mission, only missing one requirement, and it'll be "easy" for you to go back and just do that, where for someone else, they may have missed most of, if not all, the requirements.

The 70 wasn't hard. Just go through as many Strangers & Freaks as possible. The two ending story options and the Gauntlet missions lead up to five easy Golds.

Got the achievement after 69 Gold medals. Well that was much easier than i thought. Still have left 27 story and 17 strangers & freaks missions to beat lol.

Should have been ''Get 100 Gold medals''.

Edited by Pavel

someone should make a guide of the easiest 70 to get

I was thinking the same thing actually but Bigg D is probably right. By the time you've completed the game you should have a pretty good idea of which ones would be the easiest for your own skill set. Of course the easiest ones are going to be the Strangers & Freaks missions. I'll have to survey how many gold medals I have when I finish the game today and see if I'll even try for this.

I only need 3 more gold medals. And one of my easy ones (stealing the bug truck) won't load. The damned game just sits on a loading screen. D:

EDIT: I just had this unlock at 68 gold medals. There must be a couple missions which count towards gold medals, but aren't replayable.

Edited by xhunterrrr

I was thinking the same thing actually but Bigg D is probably right. By the time you've completed the game you should have a pretty good idea of which ones would be the easiest for your own skill set. Of course the easiest ones are going to be the Strangers & Freaks missions. I'll have to survey how many gold medals I have when I finish the game today and see if I'll even try for this.

Yeah, if I were to make a rough outline of which are easy to get, it'd be:

Assassinations (5)

Mary Ann's Races (3)

Nigel's Souvenirs (5)

Pretty much all the S&F missions, lol.

I only need 3 more gold medals. And one of my easy ones (stealing the bug truck) won't load. The damned game just sits on a loading screen. D:

EDIT: I just had this unlock at 68 gold medals. There must be a couple missions which count towards gold medals, but aren't replayable.

Nice job man! I only have 30 :( I got some work to do over the weekend!

someone should make a guide of the easiest 70 to get

I had started to, but then figured some people might not find some as easy as others, but here are the ones I typed out before giving up :)

Edit: I now have 70 completed, these are the one I did for the achievement. I tried to stay away from the losing health and accuracy ones, but there are a few. May not be the ideal list for everyone, but it's a start I guess. I put a few notes, because some like Masks and Boiler Suits only take about 12 seconds to get gold for the entire mission. Youtube was a huge help for completing these.

Main Missions

Prologue

Repossession

Chop

Complications

Mattiage Counseling

Daddy's Little Girl

Friend Request - activate Michaels ability right before going into the cutscene. Had a time of 11 seconds. (I don't take credit for this method, just came across it in my search for how to do missions)

Good Husband

Casing the Jewelry Store

BZ Gas Grenades

Bugstars Equipment

Trevor Philips Industries

By the Book

Did Somebody Say Yoga?

Scouting the Port

Minisub

Trash Truck

Tow Truck

Masks (this and Boiler Suits take a whole 12 seconds to do the whole mission)

Boiler Suits

Hang Ten

Architect's Plans

Doting Dad

Fire Truck

Stingers

Gauntlet x3 (redoing these missions -scratched one and brought back another one not pictured- put me in the correct car from the start, so all you have to do is upgrade it and then stash it.

Hotel Assassination

Vice Assassination

Bus Assassination

Time's Come - Don't forget you can replay the other 2 endings you didn't choose for 2 easy Gold medals (assuming you chose C)

Something Sensible - See Time's Come

Strangers & Freaks

Tow Truck Missions (Tonya) - Pulling Favors, Pulling Another Favor, Pulling Favors Again, Still Pulling Favors, Pulling One Last Favor

Paparazzo (Beverly) - Paparazzo, Sex Tape, Highness, Reality Check

Grass Roots - Michael, Pickup, Drag

Exercising Demons - Michael, Franklin,

Target Practice

Civil Border Patrol (Use the mini-gun as soon as they try leaving the parking lot), Minute Man Blues

Kifflom - Chasing the Truth. Delivering the Truth, Unkowing the Truth

Dom - Risk Assessment, Targeted Risk, Uncalculated Risk, Liquidity Risk,

Rampage - 1-5

Vinewood Souvenirs - Willie, Tyler, Kerry, Mark, Last Act

Starlet in Vinewood

Josh - Closing the Deal, Surreal Estate, Breach Contract

Edited by Quid Squid

Has anyone made a list of the easiest 70 to do yet?

Are you blind? There's literally a post right above yours detailing the easiest missions. No one is going to baby feed a detailed walkthrough of all seventy missions and how to Gold Medal them. That's beyond ridiculous.

STRANGER & FREAKS

Mission: Paparazzo - The Meltdown (Triggered by Franklin)

• Thick of It - Stay close to Poppy throughout the chase
  • DUI Diva - Snap Poppy after she's been cuffed

Apparently this mission is glitched. If you load it from the Strangers and Freaks menu it's impossible to get gold but if you have an old save with it you still can get gold. Just what I heard.

I had started to, but then figured some people might not find some as easy as others, but here are the ones I typed out before giving up :)

Edit: I now have 70 completed, these are the one I did for the achievement. I tried to stay away from the losing health and accuracy ones, but there are a few. May not be the ideal list for everyone, but it's a start I guess. I put a few notes, because some like Masks and Boiler Suits only take about 12 seconds to get gold for the entire mission. Youtube was a huge help for completing these.

Main Missions

Prologue

Repossession

Chop

Complications

Mattiage Counseling

Daddy's Little Girl

Friend Request - activate Michaels ability right before going into the cutscene. Had a time of 11 seconds. (I don't take credit for this method, just came across it in my search for how to do missions)

Good Husband

Casing the Jewelry Store

BZ Gas Grenades

Bugstars Equipment

Trevor Philips Industries

By the Book

Did Somebody Say Yoga?

Scouting the Port

Minisub

Trash Truck

Tow Truck

Masks (this and Boiler Suits take a whole 12 seconds to do the whole mission)

Boiler Suits

Hang Ten

Architect's Plans

Doting Dad

Fire Truck

Stingers

Gauntlet x3 (redoing these missions -scratched one and brought back another one not pictured- put me in the correct car from the start, so all you have to do is upgrade it and then stash it.

Hotel Assassination

Vice Assassination

Bus Assassination

Time's Come - Don't forget you can replay the other 2 endings you didn't choose for 2 easy Gold medals (assuming you chose C)

Something Sensible - See Time's Come

Strangers & Freaks

Tow Truck Missions (Tonya) - Pulling Favors, Pulling Another Favor, Pulling Favors Again, Still Pulling Favors, Pulling One Last Favor

Paparazzo (Beverly) - Paparazzo, Sex Tape, Highness, Reality Check

Grass Roots - Michael, Pickup, Drag

Exercising Demons - Michael, Franklin,

Target Practice

Civil Border Patrol (Use the mini-gun as soon as they try leaving the parking lot), Minute Man Blues

Kifflom - Chasing the Truth. Delivering the Truth, Unkowing the Truth

Dom - Risk Assessment, Targeted Risk, Uncalculated Risk, Liquidity Risk,

Rampage - 1-5

Vinewood Souvenirs - Willie, Tyler, Kerry, Mark, Last Act

Starlet in Vinewood

Josh - Closing the Deal, Surreal Estate, Breach Contract

hey i see you did the Rampage missions 1-5 i thought those didnt count

Apparently this mission is glitched. If you load it from the Strangers and Freaks menu it's impossible to get gold but if you have an old save with it you still can get gold. Just what I heard.

I stayed pretty close to her (this is through replay) and I snapped a photo after she was cuffed, and neither of the requirements were checked.

Not true. I did both requirements in a replay and got the gold medal.