Get it Now!

razzleson

Name: Rush'n Attack

Price: 400 Points

Availability: All Xbox Live members

Dash Details: Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). Download the full version of Rush'n Attack and get all four levels of difficulty, plus a complete set of twelve achievements. So many POWs and so little time! Relive the Cold War from your warm cozy couch.

Size: 39.9 MB (approx.)

Hallelujah! It's out! Anyone getting it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush'n_Attack ;)

Rush'n Attack (also known as Green Beret) is an action/platform arcade game released by Konami in 1985, and later ported to other systems, the most well known version for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The game is remembered for its Cold War setting, titular pun ("Russian Attack"), and its reliance on the player using a knife to dispatch enemies. The sequel to Rush'n Attack is M.I.A.: Missing in Action, which was released four years later. Rush'n Attack is scheduled for release via Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360 on May 23, 2007.

There are four stages: Marshalling Area, Harbour, Air Base and Siberian Camp. The omnipresent knife can be supplemented with captured arms. By killing key persons, the player can obtain three-shot flamethrowers in stage 1, three-shot RPGs in stage 2, threepacks of hand grenades in stage 3 and one of each in stage 4. At the end of each stage, there are extra challenges: Stage 1 ends with a truckload of karate thugs, stage 2 with a pack of fierce dogs, stage 3 with three shooting autogyros and stage 4 with a skilful multi-shot flamethrower operator. When the mission is accomplished the four exPOWs salutes and the player is back at stage 1. The player is supposed to run to the right, revealing new territories, but in case of a standstill in 10 minutes, a stealth-like bomber would wipe out the soldier.

[edit] NES for PC

Throughout most of the game, the player's main weapon is a knife, although power-ups let the player temporarily use a handgun, a flamethrower, bazooka, and grenades. The game has a total of six stages: Iron bridge and missile base, Airport, Harbor, Forest and airshed, Warehouse and the Enemy base.

I like it pretty well. Haven't played coop yet but I think the single player is decent, and it's probably worth the 400 points. And all the people saying they need to know what it's like before buying it, that's what the trial game is for.

I like it pretty well. Haven't played coop yet but I think the single player is decent, and it's probably worth the 400 points. And all the people saying they need to know what it's like before buying it, that's what the trial game is for.

Yah but then it is on your gamercard......... I know I just don't like not being able to get 100%. Now I will probably have a 0 on stupid Roboblitz forever.

Does anyone else have this game, I will probably get it but don't want to waste money on a game I wont like.

Yah but then it is on your gamercard......... I know I just don't like not being able to get 100%. Now I will probably have a 0 on stupid Roboblitz forever.

Does anyone else have this game, I will probably get it but don't want to waste money on a game I wont like.

Well I didn't consider that since I don't really care about the trial game showing up on my gamercard, but if that bothers you make a silver account and try the game out on that account after you download it.

Well that sucks about replay value, I was just looking for a game for about 400 points that I could have a lot of replay value with until Shadowrun launches. But since it is only until Tuesday, I am going to worry about buying it, I'll play the Halo 3 Beta until then. Thanks for the insight though.

I know this is the wrong thread, but the achievement trading thread hasn't been opened yet. So anyway, can somebody help me get the coop 200,000 achievement? It shouldn't be very hard as long as you're somewhat good, I can make over 100,000 by myself consistently.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
In terms of old side-scrolling arcade games from the '80s its not a bad game. Its worth 400 points, any more than that and I wouldn't suggest getting it. It doesn't have a lot of replay value though.

The replay value is amazing, since you probably won't be able to finish the game. ;)