Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. :) I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)

My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of matchmaking support for firefight... How did they neglect that? The lack of matchmaking to find people to play firefights with has severely hampered my replay value of the game.

Other than that...

The game is awesome! Single player although short was very enjoyable and well played out.

My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of matchmaking support for firefight... How did they neglect that? The lack of matchmaking to find people to play firefights with has severely hampered my replay value of the game.

Other than that...

The game is awesome! Single player although short was very enjoyable and well played out.

One thing I don't like about any matchmaking is that sometimes you get really bad people to play with or A holes that make you want to quit anyway. Matchmaking being left out isn't a huge loss, especially since anyone reading this is on the forum, and tons of people are looking to get games going.

I have nothing to complain about the game. It is what Halo should be and it is very much like every other Halo game. I was very pleased with it. But on to the bitching part.

The Xbox Live community NEVER ceases to piss me off! Getting Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu or however it is supposed to be written.

Set 4: 3 Skulls Activated: 2nd to last wave (reinforcements)

My friend's friends.

That guy: Hey. I'm getting bored and we can do this some other time. Seeya. (Leaves)

I wasn't even enjoying the game before because they are idiots but I put up with that for my friend's sake but when you're that close to being done with this and never have to do it with people you don't like again you get a feeling of, it is almost finally over, but someone has to ruin it. Wasn't even a funny kind of ruin it was just I'm going to be an asshole kind. I'm sticking with my Halo nerd friends next time.

Thank god you deleted those threads. Its a bit disheartening seeing so many ppl say that they dislike this game. I absolutely love it and I enjoy it as much as I do with Halo 3. I love the campaign and firefight but most of all I love the soundtrack, which is just beautiful to listen to. The only thing is that the achievements are too easy to get and its short but then the shortness of the campaign can still be a good thing.....it reminds me of the days when I use to try doing the alternative pathways in Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64).

I am currently helping a friend get all the achievements for Halo 3: ODST and Halo 3. I don't mind doing ENDURE again....I am gonna help 3 ppl to get it.....just try and have a good connection and everything will be fine. :) I guess this is only the other way I can find replay value for this game. =)

What's that anime in your sig?

What's that anime in your sig?

Way to go off topic xD (I asked him too in a vistor comment)

Back on topic:

Its not really something im bitching about , however i do wish the Campaign didnt take 2 hours to breeze through, Firefight is fun and all but with the time it took to hit 1000 on this game it shouldnt have a $60 price tag on it, 40 or 50 would be acceptable to me at the very least

I have no complaints other than the game being too short. I'd say the only thing really worth pitching a bitch about is the Audiophiles. That stupid dunce of a Strategy Guide Writer David Houghson screwed us all out of the only reason you'd even bye the guide for; COMM LOCATIONS. Screw you, Dave! Thank God there are enough kids who hurried the locations up on youtube just to be the 1st to do it. Gotta love the self-rightousness :D

But all things considered, I have throughly enjoyed the game. Hell you even got the old Automag from the 1st Halo on xbox. And with a Silencer! SICK!!! TIMES 2 ZOOM AUTOMAG FOR LIFE, BUNGIE! KEEP IT DON'T QUIT IT!

Back on topic:

Its not really something im bitching about , however i do wish the Campaign didnt take 2 hours to breeze through, Firefight is fun and all but with the time it took to hit 1000 on this game it shouldnt have a $60 price tag on it, 40 or 50 would be acceptable to me at the very least

I'm with you on a cheaper price tag the game is great and all put it's on the short side and no match making the lag problems but all in all the campaign was heck alot better than HALO 2 and 3.

Same with my post. I'll rant again, if the people don't mind. :p

I think the game is fantastic. Seriously. I thought the story was better than Halo 3, the Visor-mode was very cool and helped make the Mambosa Streets feel very creepy, the lighting was fantastic, and the not-Master-Chief gameplay worked. It really did. Oh, and Firefight is the new awesome!

However, when it comes to the Vidmaster Challenge: Endure achievement, I wanted to punch a baby in the face (No worries. I didn't follow through with this feeling.). I love playing Firefight, and this achievement had me intrigued from the beginning... until I went for it.

Not only is it semi-difficult to assemble 4 players together to get this achievement, it almost systematically "loses connection" in the 3rd or 4th set (For me, it was the 4th set three different times). When you invest 2 hours of gameplay to try and get an achievement, it's kind of like a punch to the balls when the servers just give out.

I finally got the achievement, but because of this Endure achievement, I almost don't want to play Firefight at all anymore. I know I will, but I am definitely taking a break for at least a week. :)

^this

I concur on this. I enjoyed the campaign. It took me roughly 7 hours to beat, and I enjoy the Firefight mode as well. Same with the soundtrack and such. I think its enjoyable. Anyone who's bitching that the game sucks, stop playing it and quit bitching :p.

Lack of matchmaking I'm mixed about because on the one hand, i don't want wankers who screw around on co-op or campaign when you're trying to get levels finished etc.

My comment which I posted was did anyone find the game a bit disappointing ?

I liked all the other Halo games and always loved the online for Halo2 and 3. Its what first got me into online.

I just think the campaign isnt that great, its OK. My major gripe was that the graphics just dont seem to have moved on at all from Halo 3.

In terms of the campaign, it feels because it is like a bunch of thrown together firefights.

Dont get me wrong I dont think I wasted my money, just think they could have tried a bit harder.

The only things that annoyed me abotu this game is the shortness of the campaign even though they said it was longer. (I played it on heroic solo)

Also I didn't think the music suited the mood of the game at all, thats just my opinion. The lack of epic music (e.g. the warthog run on Halo 3's final mission) for certain parts dissapointed me. Then when picking up the rockets when doing the deja vu, the epic music and to be honest I got more excited about going for the achievment. Shame that music only lasted maybe 30 seconds.

For a thread for bitching there is an obviouos lack of it lol. I really enjoyed the game but I will comment on some stuff

My attempt at Endure the first time around was fun until the 4th set 3rd round 3rd wave when one of they guys systems lost power. Epic Fail. :omg

We got it though next time around.

Also I saw a guy bitching about the facial graphics....sure they are a bit off for 360 but ODSTs WEAR FULL HELMETS WHO CARES WHAT THEIR FACES LOOK LIKE!!!!!!

ok i'm done...gonna go kill grunts now :uzi:

Back on topic:

I'm going off-topic now: -

I HATE SETSUNA....."I AM GUNDAM"....LOLZ.:p

Wow....Setsu u actually haven't seen much anime......I guess ur a rookie. (I've watched over 1000 different series over the course of 9 years.)

Well the animation in my sig is done by Production I.G BUT is not an anime.......I actually get LOADS of PMs at FTV about what my sig is. TBH, the guys on this particular forum should know this but I guess I'll spill the beans, its an animation sequence from Tales fo Vesperia on the Xbox 360 and PS3.........a GAME. Anyways, Tales of Vesperia has been made into an anime movie called "Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike" produced by Production I.G and will hit Japanese cinemas tomorrow (3rd October 09).:woop:

OK....now I'm going back on topic: -

I agree with the pricetag......I bought mine for £35 at play.com bcuz AMAZON were being d*ckheads.....otherwise I would have got it for £30.....I hate those A-Holes.....they took the pre-order bonus off and then put it back on the next day(the day before I checked amazon and then pre-ordered at play.com).:mad:

Then again £30 isn't bad for this game.........I've been constantly playing this in my spare time for more than a week now......I like the campaign...and it is why I am re-doing it currently. =) I am actually doing legendary on co-op....I pretty much do all the killing and dying, whilst my friend is in cover acts as my respawn checkpoint....so like we don't both die otherwise we would go back to the original checkpoint and the enemies I had killed b4 getting the next checkpoint will have to be killed again. It makes our progress quicker. =P

Edited by JCDRANZER

To short, screen to dark, visor does not work well on maps with light, lack of matchmaking in firefight made it hard to get vidmasters, $60 is way to much for a 5 hour game, Johnson in firefight is pointless if u can show him off in firefight mode, and the coop had to many bugs in it. The only good thing about this game is it's a easy 950gs.

Edited by khaos dragon
missed a few points

I'm tired of seeing so many "This game sucks", "Are you disappointed", etc. type threads. If you have to bitch about the game, do it here. Should you ignore this thread and make your own "bitching" thread, it will be deleted and you will be infracted.

It was too short.

To short, screen to dark, visor does not work well on maps with light, lack of matchmaking in firefight made it hard to get vidmasters, $60 is way to much for a 5 hour game, Johnson in firefight is pointless if u can show him off in firefight mode, and the coop had to many bugs in it. The only good thing about this game is it's a easy 950gs.

To assess these complaints I say this, the reason why the campaign was so short is because the game was meant to be an expansion, not a full game. The visor is used as a Halo night vison, you're not suppose to run around on a well lit map with night vision goggles on, unless you want to suck. The lack of matchmaking is a let down, but that's what friends are for. If you don't have any, get some on these forums. As for the Vidmasters being too hard, well we're sorry Bungie didn't make them unlock as soon as you loaded up the game, stop crying and figure it out. The real gripe is that the game should have been $40, but Microsoft just couldn't pass up an opportunity to make money, blame them, not Bungie.