How far is everyone on Explorer?

Wraithdagger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the gas never goes out.

I use the sticky tape method.

I personally tape the left stick to the left and also tape the left trigger. So the car drive backwards in circles. When the fuel goes "out" the car become slower but still drives. Last night it drove for over 7 hours alone.

A very slow method but you dont need to spend hours of playtime driving on the stupid highway and can use your freetime for real games ;)

I'm at around 240 miles after a playthrough of the retail game and the DLC. However, I'm declaring the Explorer achievement a deliberate joke from the developers and I will not be the butt of it. Besides, my GS on this game is now a nice even 1200; it feels finished, enough for me, anyway, and I'd rather spend my time playing a new game than be someone's bread-crumb guinea pig.

Time to send Mafia II back to Gamefly. It was a labor of love and fun to play, and I won't let prank achievements tarnish my memory of it.

Edited by Warden1972

There will probably be more DLCs for Mafia 2. Hope each of them won't feature a Drive-1000-Miles achievement.

I'm pretty sure 2K learned their lesson. If they haven't I will uninstall the game and shelve the box, just like I did with RDR after patches proceded to BREAK the game rather than fix it.

I honestly think they put this achievement in as a joke around the office saying

Frank: "Those crazy kids on xbox live will do ANYTHING for an achievement, even if we put in a drive 1000 miles!"

Bob: "I don't know about that Frank."

Frank: "Well just put it in the game and find out."

Bob: "Ok but only because I'm sleeping with your sister."

Took all day, but I finally got this bullshit achievement. Didn't unlock the first time I went over, BUT I MADE A SAVE AT 995, then just drove across the bridge a few times. Unlocked the second time I went over. Ejected the disc after that. I'm done. Peace, fellow achievement hunters, and fuck you, 2K.

Most expensive 10G ever.

Finished it finally! It was a very monotonous task with quite a bit of freezing here and there. I have one tip for all people out there in case they didn't already know this. You can die after a lot of driving and than you will be automatically transported at the safehouse and you will keep your miles.:) Just let a cop kill you or jump over the eadge. This helped me completely eliminate freezing from gameplay. Especially if you keep going to the slower parts where the streets are to save after all your miles. Keep going!:woop:;)