Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Shiftie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is glitched. Did you buy the game outright or play the trial first? I've seen situations where playing a trial first messes up achievements. You may want to kill your saves and start over.

I don't know about ponypo, but I bought mine without even touching the trial.

[Edit]: It just unlocked for me on the level "Above a Bottomless Chasm". I've been undetected on every other level based on the bonuses and I haven't done anything differently. So I guess the achievement is just a bit glitchy then.

Edited by Spock

Have you tried deleting and redownloading, clearing cache, etc?

Thankfully it popped without me even actively trying for it on a later level. Cleared 2 others before it though with no alarms or detections and no pop. At least it's popped now. There'll be some mechanic which stops it even if your stats say otherwise.

Thankfully it popped without me even actively trying for it on a later level. Cleared 2 others before it though with no alarms or detections and no pop. At least it's popped now. There'll be some mechanic which stops it even if your stats say otherwise.

I'm glad it finally worked out for you ^^ Hopefully the no kills achievements work out better for you if you haven't done those yet.

If you can get Nozza to delete his post, I will also, which will bring your next post up under the guide to be edited. That'd be a way to extend the guide itself. Otherwise removing a few of the button icons from things that are explained in-game will free up some characters.

Crisis avoided. Dead Like Me saved the day with some free posts :p

And I'm glad the other achievements worked out for ya dude..and grats on 5th place on the first level of NG+

edit: lol..well I'm 7th and you're 8th right now ^^

edit again: well..apparently im the 23rd (my fav # lololol) person to beat the game on ng+. if i didnt write this and i actually played yesterday i coulda been #1, i know it! oh well :) still an amazing game.

Edited by Shiftie

Level 4

*Terrify a guard by killing another with a spike mine

Pick any place where two guards come into view of one another at some point and plant a mine (:dright:) on the ground where they will walk over it while within sight of another person. If you throw it too close to someone, they'll hear it and shoot it, also the second guard must see the first guard blow up. I did this after going through the very first hallway of lasers, up into the vent. There are 2 grapple points above you and two guys patrolling to your right, one on each floor. Take out the guy on the bottom, then hang him from the right grapple point. When the guy upstairs is facing him, go to the left side of the room and turn on the switch (lights).

This is for using a spike mine but your description is for hanging a guard from a grapple point.

*Open all the gas vents

There are 6 in total, although the game says you're finished after 3, so just go and close the last 3 for this seal

should say "go and open the last 3"

This is for using a spike mine but your description is for hanging a guard from a grapple point.

should say "go and open the last 3"

Doh. Stupid typos :p. Thanks for catching these.

Anyone else who notices typos just please let me know. I don't mind feeling dumb for missing a typo (or 20) over 4 or 5 posts worth of text.

edit: 6 posts x.x

Edited by Shiftie

Yea a few other people have been having that problem..at least one of them finally got the achievement though, so keep trying!

I had the same problem with the Dark Project achievement - got the undetected bonus 17 times in level 3 according to the stats, and yet no achievement. I restarted the level, and managed to unlock it on my 2nd attempt.

My 2 cents: they're not glitched, it's just that certain achievements must be done without ever using the "restart at last checkpoint" option. As an example, this would mean that you can't get the Ghost achievement if you just reload your last checkpoint whenever you trigger an alarm.

Edited by Devolon

I had the same problem with the Dark Project achievement - got the undetected bonus 17 times in level 3 according to the stats, and yet no achievement. I restarted the level, and managed to unlock it on my 2nd attempt.

My 2 cents: they're not glitched, it's just that certain achievements must be done without ever using the "restart at last checkpoint" option. As an example, this would mean that you can't get the Ghost achievement if you just reload your last checkpoint whenever you trigger an alarm.

I'm fairly certain I got spotted on my achievement run for Masterful, but maybe I just reloaded before it counted or something :confused: What you said definitely makes sense though, so maybe if someone, somewhere could confirm that is is or isn't affected by reloading after getting spotted would be helpful.

I think part of it may very well be that the reload points are kind of screwy, especially in the second half of the game. I would continously reload at a check point and either spawn near enemies that would be looking right at me, or spawn in some completely random spot, and sometimes lose credit toward whatever seal I was working on (and probably achievement, like Dark Project for you).

I'll leave the achievements as glitched for now so hopefully nobody else rages about it not working until we figure out what's wrong exactly.

Nice guide, but isn't 20-25 hours to 400G way too long?

Probably. What would you guys suggest? My end time includes the time I spent standing still and writing the guide, and the time I spent going back and trying to find alternate methods for achievements, etc.

The way people go through the game changes the play time by quite a bit as well. I basically did a speed stealth run on NG+ and finished the game waaay quicker than the regular game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2261/5-v4xI8=.jpgNo One Lives Forever - 10:gsicon:

Stealth kill an elite guard after stunning him

(Requires Blood Whisper) You can get this the first time you see an elite in level 8. Picklock the vent on the floor to get around him and then picklock the door behind him. Drop down a level to where you came out of the vent and be ready to press :bbut: to turn on the wires that are hanging above the door. Throw a dart at the light on the ceiling and wait for the big guy to come it. As soon as he steps in front of the wire tap :bbut: and wait until he falls down, tap :bbut: again to shut the wires off and then run up to him and hit :xbut:

Blood whisper not required if you use upgraded smoke bombs.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2261/5-oQd74=.jpgCrimson Haiku - 10:gsicon:

Perform five different types of stealth kills successfully in one level

You will need to get a few new techniques in order to get this achievement, though you can get this around level 4ish so it's not much of a wait. What you need to do is just get the first 4 techniques (Hangman's Hymn, Emperor's Abyss, Twilight Gate, Bat's Prey) and use each of them, as well as you're regular stealth kill. So, kill someone with a normal stealth kill, kill someone from the opposite side of a door, kill someone while you're hanging under a walkway that they are on, kill someone while you're hanging from your grappling hook and jump down on top of someone while you're hanging from anything.

Leap of Faith counts as well, and is a starting move.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2261/5-oQd74=.jpgCrimson Haiku - 10:gsicon:

Perform five different types of stealth kills successfully in one level

You will need to get a few new techniques in order to get this achievement, though you can get this around level 4ish so it's not much of a wait. What you need to do is just get the first 4 techniques (Hangman's Hymn, Emperor's Abyss, Twilight Gate, Bat's Prey) and use each of them, as well as you're regular stealth kill. So, kill someone with a normal stealth kill, kill someone from the opposite side of a door, kill someone while you're hanging under a walkway that they are on, kill someone while you're hanging from your grappling hook and jump down on top of someone while you're hanging from anything.

Leap of Faith counts as well, and is a starting move.

Thanks x2. Added both.

• 5 weeks later...

A quick way to grab the Unstable Footing achievement is to go to Level 9 (Hessian Castle : The Inner Keep) with either the Path of Nightmares outfit or the Hisomu Dart; in the second tower (the one with a sniper guarding the door) you will find a smoking guard on a ledge inside the tower next to a room with a sleeping guard. You can either shoot the smoker on the ledge with the Hisomu Dart (and he will fall off in a panic) or kill the sleeping guard with the Path of Nightmares outfit on, drag the body next to the smoker, then shoot the smoker with a regular dart to get him to look at the body - falling off the ledge in a panic. This method would probably work anywhere, however I found this spot to be close to the start of a level and easy to get to.