Time attack mode

Nosomee

my best suggestion is to stay near the bottom so every time the clams open with pearls you can grab them, also focus on the biggest fish that you can eat they are worth the most....and remember you can dash and suck in with most of the fish which is very handy for large groups of fish....hope this helps

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This mode is a joke! I cant beat it for anything. It takes me 8-10 tries to beat the first level and when I do it’s only by 1 or 2 seconds. Then I do alright for a few rounds but every time I get to level 5 or 6 (can remember which one) I cant make it past half way.

The spawning of the fish is so random, one try it will be like a buffet then you try the same level again and you’re racing from one side to the other to try and catch one lousy fish! If you didn’t have to start over at round one every time it wouldn’t be so bad.

I don’t know how people are getting to the end with 10+ minutes to spare, I’ve never beat a level with more than a few seconds left. I find it odd how some people are saying they get it on their first or second try and others, like me, can barely get past the first level. I might try deleting the game and redownloading it to see if it’s a glitch or something.

• 2 years later...

Six years ago I started this game, and tonight I decided to finally figure out how to beat Time Attack. The first couple levels, you just have to dart around as fast as possible. However, once oysters show up, eat the pearls, like someone else here said; that's the secret. A black pearl will grow you a whole size category early on. Those will get you through the first dozen levels where the game's hard.

As the game progresses, you get so many powerups that you stop worrying about the time. I got eaten four times in one level, and it didn't matter. I went into the final mission with 17:21.

• 1 year later...

Just like Palantas said, go for pearls if you can. I found staying near the bottom to be a bad idea though. I found that bouncing between middle and top was best for the early levels. At the start I was finishing levels with only a few seconds to spare but once you get that second fish (the puffer fish I think) then you can hold X to suck in a bunch of fish at once and it makes a HUGE difference.