Achievement Guide

TooMuchCowbell

It's implied in the guide and the achievement description, but i think it'd be good to make it explicit that you can do Victory! and Comeback Kid in a player or ranked match.

also, with the X City Performer achievement, if it was also more explicit. I know it might seem obvious to a lot of people, especially considering the images supplied, but i think it'd be worth saying which cities apply for which achievement.

Edited by edd__

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the fills and beats ach. for the drums go, the ach. seem to not be stackable ( meaning if you do the harder ones you don't get the easier ones)... I did the 20G fills and didnt get the 10G one. I would recommend for the fills since they are a bit annoying since you have to wait for the first beats to then "rock out" , do them in the two fast versions meaning 180BPM and 140 BPM (only need to play drums at medium level to be able to do fills at fast pace) as far as the "beats" go you should just do the slow versions 60BPM and 100BPM unless you are good at drums ... ( i consider myself pretty good at drums and couldnt do the 50% required) Well hope my little hope made sense and hope it helped.. even if its a little bit :)

LIES AND SLANDER!!!

Sorry, I just like saying those two words:p

Anywho, you're wrong, I got both the Fill achieves by doing the 100 all/180 half BPM achievement.Havn't done the beat one though, as I SUCK at drums so I'm gonna have to do them all at 100 BPM, not to mention my drums recently screwed up:(

It's implied in the guide and the achievement description, but i think it'd be good to make it explicit that you can do Victory! and Comeback Kid in a player or ranked match.

also, with the X City Performer achievement, if it was also more explicit. I know it might seem obvious to a lot of people, especially considering the images supplied, but i think it'd be worth saying which cities apply for which achievement.

Will do. I'm updating the guide right now. My first two post are exactly 10,000 characters lol.

I'm sick as a dog today, which is a good and bad thing. I have more time to work on the guide, but less time to play RB2.

LIES AND SLANDER!!!

Sorry, I just like saying those two words:p

Anywho, you're wrong, I got both the Fill achieves by doing the 100 all/180 half BPM achievement.Havn't done the beat one though, as I SUCK at drums so I'm gonna have to do them all at 100 BPM, not to mention my drums recently screwed up:(

Oh sucks then because I did the 20G for the fills and didnt get the 10G .... must have glitched :( oh well lol

Band saviour:

Plug in drums, the guitar and vocals at the same time on one box. Load up quickplay on Blitzkrieg Bop. Play hard guitar and leave your drums and microphone to sit there, both on easy. You will be able to save your band mates twice each if you can get all the phases and you wont fail out. You dont need other this way.

Couple of quick notes on this (it works, by the way): You have to actually pass the song. I did this and failed out after the notes were done but before the song was officially over, and didn't get the achievement. Also, I think you have to save people on 3 different occasions, not necessarily 3 different people (i.e., you can't save both the vocalist and drummer at the same time twice, because that only counts as being a savior twice). I'm not 100% sure on that because I don't remember if I passed the song the time I did this, but maybe someone else can check that out.

Yeah thats what i was talking about before. Its better for Player matches though bc the other person doesn't have to leave. Like I said I got it my first time. Just let the other guy/girl win first then try to beat them the second time.

Couple of quick notes on this (it works, by the way): You have to actually pass the song. I did this and failed out after the notes were done but before the song was officially over, and didn't get the achievement. Also, I think you have to save people on 3 different occasions, not necessarily 3 different people (i.e., you can't save both the vocalist and drummer at the same time twice, because that only counts as being a savior twice). I'm not 100% sure on that because I don't remember if I passed the song the time I did this, but maybe someone else can check that out.

I can confirm that you can save two people, one twice and the other once and get the achievement.

Also, from my post above, Hello There is the best song to do this with. If you do it on easy you can't fail out as long as you hit all the notes which is very easy to do.

Flawless Fretwork - 100% a song on Expert guitar. 25G

Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G

Flawless Groove - 100% a song on Expert bass only using up-strums. 25G

Solid Gold, Baby! - Gold star any song. 25G

For these achievements, it is easiest to go into the Xbox Live marketplace, and download the song Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts

It is probably the shortest song in the game, and definitely the easiest expert song. Please put this following the achievements i posted above in your guide.

Flawless Fretwork - 100% a song on Expert guitar. 25G

Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G

Flawless Groove - 100% a song on Expert bass only using up-strums. 25G

Solid Gold, Baby! - Gold star any song. 25G

For these achievements, it is easiest to go into the Xbox Live marketplace, and download the song Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts

It is probably the shortest song in the game, and definitely the easiest expert song. Please put this following the achievements i posted above in your guide.

I already posted that song in the Flawless Fretwork achievement. Flawless Groove and Solid Gold, Baby! are way easier on the Beastie Boys song.

The full description on the Comeback Kid achievement says it has to be in xbox live play, it doesn't work locally. However, it doesn't say ranked play, so try it with a friend in a player match.

For the million points, we did it with 4 people on Give it Away. Vocals and drums on Medium, bass and guitar on hard. Final score was 1.49 million, so there's plenty of leeway to do it with three people or knock down the difficulty some. The bass part is pretty easy even on hard, with only a couple "tricky" parts. Vocals are mostly all talky parts, which work brilliantly right now with the vocal detection.

The million points can be done pretty easy on several songs if you've got 3-4 decent players, the key is to keep the multiplier going. It definately doesn't have to be on hard or expert.

I played around with the Band Savior achievement and found a surefire to get it.

Plug in your guitar, drums and microphone. You need to play the guitar part but the drums and mic don't get played.

Go into Quickplay Band mode and select "Hello There". Choose the Easy difficulty for all three instruments. Then simply play the guitar part and save each player after they fail. You'll save the vocalist twice and the drummer once. The song will end and the achievement will unlock. You can't lose.

Excellent tip... it worked like a charm.

Given my lack of skill with the drums on rock band 1 & 2, I decided to try an alternative strategy for getting the drum trainer achievements that actually worked out quite well on both beats and fills. The achievements for the drum trainer are stackable, so I started at 180 BPM for both challenge types and simply had a buddy of mine help me out with the ones I couldn't handle myself. In some cases, he would pull the bass pedal aside and take care of those parts, leaving me to focus solely on the pad notes. If I had to do pad notes with off beats, I'd focus on the steady ones (usually yellow or blue) and the bass part, and let my buddy hit the pad for the other color notes (usually red). Got all 4 achievements in about 5 minutes.

Hope this helps!

=)

I got 100% Bass (upstrum only) on Elvis Costello the very first time I even played it. Might be worth checking into if anyone is having problems with this achivement.

PS - I got the same achievement in Rock Band 1 on Weezer, that would work equally well if you imported your RB1 tracks.

I'm throwing my opinions into the mix.

A lot of people are suggesting RB1 and DLC songs for the 100% achievements, but personally i feel like it's more important for the guide to refer to on-disc RB2 tracks first and foremost, and then perhaps mention other songs.

But definitely stating the RB2 song(s) as priorities, as you have to assume that someone using this guide may not want to pay to import their tracks, or have an XBL account to download free or payable DLC.

^^As long as you are making some sort of sound into your mic, you will get 100% on all rapping songs except Give it Away by RHCP.

Just talking or making noise may get you 100%, but it doesn't always get you 5 Gold Stars. I held my mic up to the video of the Declaration of Independence being rehearsed for Rock Band 2 and it didn't give me 5 Gold Stars, only 100%. Just saying, 100% that song on bass and using Star Power as soon as you get it nets 5 Gold Stars every time.

@Apple: well i can confirm that holding it up to your speakers while the song is playing in rock band will give you a gold star and i recited the declaration into it while it was playing and both gave me a gold star. the video of the declaration probably isn't clear enough for the game to give you a perfect star or you just didn't activate overdrive enough.

Great guide! I think it would be best to include a lot of warnings for the Bladder achievement...people seem to think they can trick the system by using the guide button or unplugging their controller, both of which are pretty much guaranteed not to work. Also guitarists should activate overdrive by lifting their guitars rather than hitting select in order to avoid accidentally pausing the game or bringing up the 360 guide. Wireless controllers should be avoided because if they run out of batteries during the LONG session they will pause the game. People should also make sure in advance that they can pass every song in advance since they'll only be getting one shot per song.