Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear god what possessed epic to put cut scenes every 2 minutes on the campaign. I love story don't get me wrong but everytime I got into a fight and some action, just when things were kicking off and I was running out of ammo bing! cut scene, I open a door bing! cut scene, I move forward 100 yards bing! cut scene. why so many? I'm really not sure if I can bare a insane playthrough not for difficulty but just for having to watch all those cut scenes again will drive me insane

My dear god what possessed epic to put cut scenes every 2 minutes on the campaign. I love story don't get me wrong but everytime I got into a fight and some action, just when things were kicking off and I was running out of ammo bing! cut scene, I open a door bing! cut scene, I move forward 100 yards bing! cut scene. why so many? I'm really not sure if I can bare a insane playthrough not for difficulty but just for having to watch all those cut scenes again will drive me insane

just hit select...it skips them

and they are choppy as hell, not sure why since the actual gameplay looks beautiful

You can get all of them but ONE in campaign...The Locust arm rip execution MUST be done in a multiplayer match because you CANNOT be a lucust during the campaign.

Beat me to the punch... but thanks!

To confirm... for everyone... you CANNOT get all of the executions during the campaign. Like this post states, the "Locust Arm Rip" execution must be done in Beast or MP. To reiterate, you cannot play a Locust during the campaign.

Buuuuttt, unlike in Arcade Campaign and Multiplayer, during the Standard Campaign you can pull off ANY of the other executions (COG related) without having to unlock them first (in MP/Arcade I believe you have to get a set amount of kills before you will unlock that weapon's execution).

Campaign

- A lot of unanswered questions to some pretty important things. They'll probably come along and be released as DLC but it's really dickish to do something like that. Especially when it's supposed to be "THE END."

I know what you are saying here. I just played Halo 3 for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my buddy (and it was my first Halo game ever). I was definitely scratching my head a bunch at different times, thinking, "I have no idea what the heck is going on". Thing is that I knew going in that it would be that way because I hadn't played the other games. So I went online to learn about the history and timeline of Halo... boy was there a slew of information. I did not realize how detailed it actually was as many people had said to me that the Halo gameplay was awesome, but the campaign story was lacking.

So my point here is that people need to keep in mind that the main success of the Gears of Wars games is the GAMEPLAY. If you are that interested in the story line though, I would HIGHLY suggest that you read the corresponding books.

Gears timeline:

1 - Gears of War 1 VIDEO GAME

2 - Gears of War: Aspho Fields BOOK (detailing time between the 1st and 2nd game, plus events that happened way before the first game)

3 - Gears of War 2 VIDEO GAME

4 - Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant BOOK (picking up right after the end of the 2nd game)

5 - Gears of War: Anvil Gate BOOK (continuing after "Jacinto's Remnant")

6 - Gears of War: Coalition's End BOOK (continuing after "Anvil Gate" and taking us right up to when they all leave Vectes Island on the aircraft carrier Sovereign, which is where we find our boys and girls right at the beginning of the 3rd game)

7 - Gears of War 3 VIDEO GAME (meaning there was 3 books and over 1000 pages (!) written to cover the 2 year period between the 2nd and 3rd game)

8 - Gears of War: The Slab BOOK (not yet out, but apparently is going to deal with the time period during which Marcus was jailed... where we find him at the VERY, VERY, VERY beginning of the first game... and more about Prescott, Hoffman and Adam Fenix)

So, to clarify my point, most of my questions (key being "my") have now been answered after reading the 4 books and playing the 3 games (and the few remaining questions I have I believe will be answered in the final book).

I highly suggest that if you loved the games and their story, and you like to read, then go to your local library and see if you can get a copy of the books because I truly enjoyed them.

You will definitely come to further love some of the other characters that you only briefly see throughout the games (especially Samantha Byrne, Bernie Mataki, Victor Hoffman and Carlos Santiago [Dom's brother who you never see in the games... Marcus' best friend from childhood).

Edited by BrinkX

i dont understand the bitching about the stubby shotty, if it wasnt in the game everyone who uses it now would just use the gnasher thats the same cheap tactics invloved.

the reality is some people cant handle the shoot from your hip one shot kills the shotguns offer up close.

personally i love the multiplayer.

i dont understand the bitching about the stubby shotty, if it wasnt in the game everyone who uses it now would just use the gnasher thats the same cheap tactics invloved.

the reality is some people cant handle the shoot from your hip one shot kills the shotguns offer up close.

personally i love the multiplayer.

agree

me too

was playing this morning and everything was fine. left for a few hours and when i came back all my progress has been reset. i am still at level 31 but all my progress is gone. i beat arcade on insane and now everything is locked and all my collectables are gone. i have had it with xbox. when my gold runs out my xbox is getting sold. until then i refuse to spend 1 cent on anything. and i'm ditching my pc for an apple. microsoft can suck it.

Shitty Spawns. Play a lot of KOTH, opposing team always seems to spawn five feet from the capture point. Broken hit registration. I can shoot a charging retro charger in the face, hear my shot go off, see blood come out of the enemy and I still get speared, so annoying. Sometimes the sawed off has a larger range than the gnasher, so stupid. Most people are absolute pussies in this game. This isn't COD. On a brighter note, horde and beast mode are awesome and the story was great.

After playing this game a week, I have come to the conclusion I just do not like it. The campaign was boring as hell except the death cut-scene, that was the only thing done well.

Versus, the gnasher is finally fixed but you put in a gun that allows complete noobs to get easy kills.

Horde is all about stacking points which destroys what made horde good in Gears 2, just killing the enemy purely and any way you can.

Beast was fun in the beginning, but get repetitive easily. Plus you only get to use such a select few locust, why is there no Grinder?

Once Skyrim and Revelations come out the only time I will put this in my xbox is to get events for the achievement.

I like most of this game, but holy shit, Beast mode sucks.

First off, it's completely impossible to play alone. In Versus you can play as bots, in Horde you can use mutators, but in Beast mode, you're fucked alone as you get no bots, no mutators, and it's pretty much impossible to beat even the first wave on casual unless you get really lucky with the butcher.

Of course, finding people to play with takes forever. It spends so much time searching for other players. Epic really needs to fix this ASAP. I swear, the time it takes to find the match is about half the time you get to spend playing. You're searching for 5-7 minutes for players, and then it only takes 14-15 minutes to actually finish the game mode. Why only 12 waves, with most of them being so simple? I think it'd be better if they either added in a few more waves so we could play a little longer, or just cut out the piss easy waves and just let us play the tougher ones because at least those are somewhat fun and work the long search time. Then after that, it splits up your group automatically, so you have to search again. Why can't we just keep playing with the same 4 people over and over? They need to fix that too.

Such a waste. Hopefully they'll give Beast a lot of attention in the title updates and make it something worth playing in the future, but for now I'm only putting up with it for Wretch kills so I can get the Instagib mutator. After that, I'm done until it gets some updates.

Oh, and while I'm blowing some steam, why did they ruin the Trenches map with that stupid sand? It's a nicely laid out map, but I hate playing on it because of the random "SAND YOU CAN'T SEE LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!" bullshit. That didn't happen in the trenches section of the campaign, so why does the map based on that part of the campaign have that shit in it? I really hope they take that out so the map can become enjoyable.

Also the retro lancer is beyond overpowered at close to medium range. See this:

What's this? A close range weapon is better at close range than a medium and long range weapon are? Next you'll be complaining that the Longshot is overpowered at long range. :rolleyes: Edited by mjc0961

The campaign was boring as hell except the death cut-scene, that was the only thing done well.

Yes, the Campaign was definitely lacking. It never seemed to be very exciting.

I say this because I found 2 much more exciting. I enjoyed the ambiguity surrounding the New Hope Facility and the Sires. Also, I liked the radio message at the end of 2, it seemed to compound on the desperate state the characters seemed to reach once Jacinto had sunk.

Then, Gears 3 starts, and the atmosphere just seems dull and less intense compared to the previous titles. I found Act 3 (for obvious reasons) and part of Act 4 (the "Ash" city) to be some of the only evocative moments of the game.