Is this game really worth getting?

Benny263

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I picked this game up really cheap ($4) and was enjoying ti...until the fight with the guy in the bear mask....after an hour of trying to beat him I gave up. Game got real repetitive after a while too.

Game is super repetitive. It is also super annoying. The storyline is garbage and the achievements either come fast and easy or hard and difficult. And I hate Micheal Jackson yelling "AFRO!!" every 2 minutes. I play through this game with the TV muted.

Game is super repetitive. It is also super annoying. The storyline is garbage and the achievements either come fast and easy or hard and difficult. And I hate Micheal Jackson yelling "AFRO!!" every 2 minutes. I play through this game with the TV muted.

agreed game got old fast...and it's Samuel L Jackson...not the deceased King of Pop.

its samuel jackson not micheal jackson dumbo /:|

No need to call people names....correct him and move on.

• 1 month later...

Game is pure garbage. The camera angle gets on my nerves, the checkpoints are crappy as hell, and over half the time you never even know what you have to do and where you have to go.

I got this game extremely cheap and it's not even worth the few dollars I got it for. In fact, I just pulled it out my xbox and through it across my room for it to almost break into two pieces.

• 1 month later...

its mediocre with a somewhat unfocused design aesthetic.

There are times where the game's graphics, music, and style come together real well and everything works, but these are few compared to the numerous other times where it feels like a lazy low budget bargain bin game.

Game is unpolished in a lot of spots too. Sometimes people will be speaking and they didn't bother to animate their lips. It also has the frustrating brand of difficulty where normal enemies are usually really easy to kill, but bosses have the tendancy to be annoying and difficult.

The game design is somewhat confusing. There's lots of emphasis on dial-a-combos but they're impractical because their either too hard to pull off or you keep getting knocked out of the longer ones. They're also made pointless since most normal enemeis can be killed with a single parry attack or focus strike anyway. Most bosses are frustrating unless you know how to exploit the shoddy programming.

It bothered me someone claimed Afro Samurai's game engine was going to be used for Metal Gear Rising. Ugh I hope not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went into this game blind and not really expecting much and I've turned out to really like it. I loved the music and the atmosphere of the game, there wasn't much in the story to draw you in, however. Definitely not a must have but still a very fun game in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I picked up the game for 9.95 new at GameStop a few months ago and I liked the game at first and was gettin into the story and liked that Samuel l Jackson was your guide/gps (lol). I got as far as completing sword masters story when I then had to throw enemies into some electrical thing and i was having difficulties with it and go frustrated and le my friend borrow it I plan on getting it back because I want to get past it but I think it will just be future frustration...:uzi:

• 3 weeks later...

I started it yesterday and I really like it.

Sure the achievements are tough (talking about the poker ones) but more annoying than impossible.

Working on my last two poker ones (ninjas and ronin) and one more collectible I missed and then it's just hard mode and the grinds.

Wondering how hard HARD actually is gonna be.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really liked that game, even if I'm usually not a big fan of button mashing games. It was a bit too difficult for me on hard mode, but for people who regularely play games of this type, it might not be as hard. I actually got stuck on the hard playthrough (might actually try it again, now that I write about Afro Samurai).

But all in all it was fun. It was a nice change compared to other games, plus the music and the epic Samuel L. Jackson voice are awesome.

• 1 month later...