Finally clarifacation on switching difficulties on the last battle!

CRAPYKAUH

i am confused on wat to try now. im thinking about just doing it legit. plz clarify.

If you want to get the Brass Balls achievement legit, just play through the game, from start to finish, on hard without using a single vita-chamber. You'll need to have downloaded the DLC (it's free) in order to get the achievement though.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete the game on easy without dieing (Using a Vita Chamber)

Make sure you have plenty of ammo come the final battle with Fontaine.

Kill Fontaine and complete the game.

When on the main menu click continue

When the game has loaded, hit start and click options.

Change the difficulty to Hard and kill Fontaine.

= Achievement unlocked ;)

I decided to play through this game on hard, but first decided to try this trick for the achievement. I started the game at the Pavillion and fought Fontaine on easy, killed him, continued the game and switched to hard and killed him. Nothing.

When I go to the options to change difficulty, I see a message on the bottom telling me that changing difficulty would affect achievements. I don't know, maybe after the last update I got, it no longer works.

well, the bad news is that the glitch did not work for me.

the good news is that the game is doable on hard without vita chambers :)

what i remember trying:

load the easy save in front of fontaine, beat him, start new game on hard, quit to main menu, reload the same save, change difficulty to hard, beat him. no cigar.

load the easy save before the elevator, beat him, start new game on hard, quit to main menu, reload the same save, change difficulty to hard, beat him. no cigar.

load the easy save before the elevator, beat him, start new game on hard, quit to main menu, reload the save in front of fointaine, change difficulty to hard, beat him. no cigar.

the same as above, but choosing continue instead of load.

all of them came to nothing but frustration, then i went to finish the game on hard from start to end.

the best tips i read on this topic are these 2:

- save every damn second

- rescue the first three little sisters, so you can grab the hypnotize big daddy as quickly as possible. this plasmid will carry you throughout the entire game. just use it on the first big daddy you see on the level and keep with him until his energy is close to finish. then let him go grab a kid, then kick the crap out of him, go find another one, rinse and repeat :woop:

Just got the 'Seriously good at this...' acheivement by loading the proving grounds save just before going into the lift changed it to hard and doing the entire fight. I had used vita chambers on easy, just wondering if anyone was able to get Brass Balls having used vita chambers?

Just got the 'Seriously good at this...' acheivement by loading the proving grounds save just before going into the lift changed it to hard and doing the entire fight. I had used vita chambers on easy, just wondering if anyone was able to get Brass Balls having used vita chambers?

Of course not. The achievement is for not using vita chambers.

I got this to work after my sister asked me to show the ending of the game to her.

Note: I Died roughly 4 times during the start of my first run. Vita Chambers were ON. Also I only bought this game 2 weeks ago so I STARTED the game with the DLC Content already Installed from the beginning)

1. I beat the game for the FIRST TIME last week which was on MEDIUM.

2. Sis asked me to beat fontaine again (I literally put the disc in the drive, booted it up from the menu screen and once it had loaded I just went to continue where you end up in front of fontaine already)

3. Beat him using the grenade launcher pretty quickly

4. I changed the difficulty to hard and turned vita chambers off DURING THE CUTSCENE (do it as soon as your on the floor and hes talking trash to you)

5. Once the little sister gives you the key to the city it should pop up that you got both achievements.

I hope this works for everyone, saves you having to beat the game again on easy

After trying all of the other ways to get these achievements to unlock, this is the first way I got it to work. As soon as the cutscene started, I changed the difficulty to hard and the achievement unlocked shortly thereafter. (BTW: I played through on easy and didn't die so make sure you didn't either)

Out of curiosity...what did those of you who did get it to work do with the little sisters? Rescue them all? Harvest them all? Mix?

I rescued all of them. This does work, I just think it really depends on luck otherwise this would have worked for more than 3-4 people. As I said before, all I did was change the difficulty and turn off vita chambers DURING the end cut-scene and both achievements popped up 2 secs later.

After trying all of the other ways to get these achievements to unlock, this is the first way I got it to work. As soon as the cutscene started, I changed the difficulty to hard and the achievement unlocked shortly thereafter. (BTW: I played through on easy and didn't die so make sure you didn't either)

Will have to try this when I get my copy of the game back from my mate.

The guy that you quoted before in the above quoted post said they died 4 or so times during the playthrough so that sounds really wierd lol. I will try it anyway as Im going to go through on hard without dying to get the 1100 anyway so may as well try it as the other ways didnt work.

Well I have to say i tried this a few times to no avail, but then i followed someone elses directions in this thread and it unlocked!

I saved my game on easy just after the elevator stops where you watch Fontaine flip over on that table thing. Then i started a new game on hard, played the entire level (Welcome to Rapture) and as soon as the next level started up, i quit. Loaded my save in front of Fonatine, changed the difficulty to hard, beat him and what do you know :) 2 achievements for 140G.

Hope this helps someone at least :)

Well I have to say i tried this a few times to no avail, but then i followed someone elses directions in this thread and it unlocked!

I saved my game on easy just after the elevator stops where you watch Fontaine flip over on that table thing. Then i started a new game on hard, played the entire level (Welcome to Rapture) and as soon as the next level started up, i quit. Loaded my save in front of Fonatine, changed the difficulty to hard, beat him and what do you know :) 2 achievements for 140G.

Hope this helps someone at least :)

Something isn't quite right about this because you can't save at all on the level "Fontaine".

Just letting people know i tried this in all different ways

(swapping difficulty during cutscene,

starting it on hard then reloading fight with fontaine

changing to hard before the fight,

reloading an older save then changing it to hard)

........and it didnt work. =[

Will try it a few more times later i guess. =/

Good luck to anyone else who trys this.