[Redacted]

SolidSnarf86

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is thump back out or no? i can't find him anywhere. any idea when the new wave 3 is going to hit, these stores don't know crap. also i found a whirlwind and zook unpainted in the stores, quickly snagged them up. anybody else seeing any unpainted skylanders? any idea how much they are worth? do you think acclaim did it intentionally or just errors?

Well early this morning I unpacked several boxes of giants at TRU....put up around 20 Hot Heads...nothing else to really report....Im still waiting to see what were gunna receive by the 3rd of December, that's the rumored date for the next release for wave 3. Thats what I hear any way.

No thumpback as of yet, I cant wait to pick up wave 3, hopefully it will be soon.

TRU has been like a zoo since Thanksgiving nite, we put out all the exclusive stealth elfs and have sold alot of them....we still have tons available. I was hoping our shelves would empty totally out because we do have cases upon cases in our security cage area, these cases have street dates on them but I cant get into the security room to check them out. So Im hoping that we can move more of them out and make space for the new waves that are coming out. Im excited but not too excited because Ive got to unload the 18 wheel trailers.....lots of fun but very tireism....any way happy hunting to all.

Oh yes there are variants out there, They are rare and they are not considered errors, kind of "chill' with the red lips vs the blue lips. I have both so Im just glad I noticed when putting them out of the difference between the two characters.....

I have a question regarding the variants and how they show up in the game.

I was able to pick up a Green Armor Gill Grunt (Series 1) and he shows up as series 1 Gill Grunt in game with the standard appearance

I have the Amazon Exclusive Golden Flameslinger (Series 2) - in game it looks like the regular edition but says it's Flameslinger Series 2 Special

I know that Royal Double Trouble and Gnarly Tree Rex show up as different characters in game as well.

Does anyone know which other variants appear as a different figure in game

Blue Bash from Toys R Us

Red Drill Sergeant from Walmart

Any of the Glow in the Dark figures

I'm trying to determine which figures the actual Giants game considers to be a different figure as well

lol i like alot of america am dealing with my son and his obsession although i have to admit i enjoy playing the game as well

i read your post and as you seem like honestly the most knowledgeable person posting and as far as i can tell the only one with some REAL insight into the matter any word on wave 3 yet, you still think its gonna be tomm dec 2, or dec 3, my son biggest things on his christmas list are a few of the characters rumored to be in wave three hot dog, and thumpback, i have managed to collect all the toons from the first game for him and everything thats out so far but really hope to have a few more for him for christmas since he got most of his "giants" for his birthday my luck nov 9th lol. So now im stuck trying to find these wave 3 guys if they even manage to get released before christmas.

my local toys r us here in columbus ohio just gives us the usuall about trucks coming in on wed night and stock for electronics is put out first thing thurs morning.. but i when i was in there a few days ago i noticed two carts full of skylanders (still in boxing from the packaging factory brown boxes marked skylanders) sitting up from when the shelves were almost totally empty hmmm peculiar i thought ... they wont let me look in any of them so it gives even more credibility to your story that they hold them till certain days. I wonder if these could all be wave 3 guys?

Hey all!

My parents have decided to get my brother Skylanders Giants for his birthday today. I have been researching the games for a while and decided that I needed to research the different figures because I know he will want to collect as many as he can. I created a spreadsheet with as much info as I could find.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ag1x0MbT8NOqdG5ocjVHOVV1RXVhWGJCSURGRTduSGc&output=html

Would anyone mind helping me update it and make sure it is accurate? (I really hope I didn't find false info...) I'm sure this will help a lot of other people too. It includes all series of figures that I could find. I still haven't gotten around to putting pictures in it, and I'm missing about a third of how to obtain them/where to find them.

There is an empty column for if you wish to add an "Owned" category and download it to make a checklist of your own. I couldn't find a single place online that had all of them, and each one that said they had complete series were missing a lot more than I expected.

I hope the link works, and I also hope that it can be edited by anyone else here. If not, I'll be checking this thread often enough and updating the speadsheet as much as possible.

~Talentha

...any word on wave 3 yet, you still think its gonna be tomm dec 2, or dec 3,...

Suntzu0142...I just called TRU here in San Antonio and was told that wave 3 will not be released until 2013...I don't know how factual that is, but I also called the TRU in the Woodlands (Houston) and the store manager said that they have not received anything wave 3 and she told me that they would know at least 3 weeks prior to putting them on the floor because of where they would need to place the items. I'm assuming this "information" she was talking about is what one of the other folks in this thread calls a "manifest"...then again that could just be the shipment information.

Hope this helps and I'll let be posting as well if I find out anything more.

Caseysrodeo13...have you heard anything more?

I work at Meijer, which is so far only in the Midwest. We barely keep anything on the shelf. They stock during third shit, and by the time I come in during 1st or second shift, we are so picked over it isn't funny. For some reason the figures fly off the shelves here yet at Walmart they usually have a lot more in stock.

Nothing really to post. TRU is offering "buy 1 get 1 50% off",....We've been gettin trucks in almost every nite. Ive seen alot of different things but their all the same.

We have some type of big event coming up for skylanders giants Im not sure what it is because its still in its card board case. Some type of big sign or something. I work tonite and Im hoping we get a bunch of skylanders giants in. All the sklanders boxes we get in are marked as either skylanders spyro, which are last years or the boxes are marked skylanders giants series "2". All the skylanders giants boxes are standard brown with orange on the outside of the box usually.

Im hoping that activision doesnt make us hold out until next year. I know that on January 1st, 2013 there will be a release of the "Scorpion" battle pack released at gamestop. Im not sure if its going to be an exclusive for them or not but if they get them we get them........

Thanks for the questions, I promise I'll keep everyone informed....

Happy Skylanders Giants hunting!

My gamertag on xbox live is CASEYSRODEO13......

If that link doesn't work, try this one, I believe I got it so anyone can edit it now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag1x0MbT8NOqdG5ocjVHOVV1RXVhWGJCSURGRTduSGc

~Talentha

Talentha...I also was keeping track of my son's figures in an excel document. I like the layout of your spreadsheet better though...

I made some changes to your document above and shared it in my Google Docs for you.

Here are some things that I changed/added:

-Added characters that I've seen online were "suspected" of being variants

-A couple locations to get the figures

-I turned the document into a table (highlights are easier for me to look at and my eyes don't wander to another line by mistake)

-Removed the "Picture" column b/c I can just look up the item online if I need to

-Added a "Own" column (This last column highlights green if there is a "Y" in the cell and is an easy way for me to tell if my son owns the figure, though not sure if the conditional format will work in Google Docs.) - Confirmed...the conditional formats remain, but you MUST download the document to use this feature.

-Light yellow highlights are characters who have not been released yet.

Thanks for your document and I hope this helps!

Document is HERE

Edited by jgotcher
Update highlighted in RED

Talentha...I also was keeping track of my son's figures in an excel document. I like the layout of your spreadsheet better though...

I made some changes to your document above and shared it in my Google Docs for you.

Here are some things that I changed/added:

-Added characters that I've seen online were "suspected" of being variants

-A couple locations to get the figures

-I turned the document into a table (highlights are easier for me to look at and my eyes don't wander to another line by mistake)

-Removed the "Picture" column b/c I can just look up the item online if I need to

-Added a "Own" column (This last column highlights green if there is a "Y" in the cell and is an easy way for me to tell if my son owns the figure, though not sure if the conditional format will work in Google Docs.) - Confirmed...the conditional formats remain, but you MUST download the document to use this feature.

-Light yellow highlights are characters who have not been released yet.

Thanks for your document and I hope this helps!

Document is HERE

I love the colors! Great idea! Thank you for helping me find some of the places. I was started to give up just because there's so many. I think I found a few more this morning. Gah! I was just hoping this would help other people besides me, because I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for a full list, and I saw many youtube videos and thread and such of people claiming they had the whole collection, and I could pick out at least a dozen they were missing.

I added the picture column mostly for my parent's benefit. I'm not going to have them search all over the place if they're buying figures on ebay and it's not specific which ones they are. Or that they can check to see if the listing matches what it actually is.

Many of those you have as suspected I have found pictures for, so I had assumed they were released. Although this was 3 and a half hours worth of work at 2 am this morning after a 9 hour work day.... I hadn't added ones I hadn't found figure pictures for just because I know how stuff gets changed in development and an idea could get scrapped, so I was just going on a hunch that the ones I found for correct.

I will have to update my personal one with this, I personally love using excel for things like this, so that's why mine was originally the way it was.

I will have to update my personal one with this, I personally love using excel for things like this, so that's why mine was originally the way it was.

I didn't realize the pictures were for your parents' reference...if you download the copy that I shared, you "should" just be able to insert a column into my table and copy the column from your file to add the pictures...there may be a little more involved than that, but hopefully it'll save you some time.

I love using excel as well...I use it daily at work and at home!

I didn't realize the pictures were for your parents' reference...if you download the copy that I shared, you "should" just be able to insert a column into my table and copy the column from your file to add the pictures...there may be a little more involved than that, but hopefully it'll save you some time.

I love using excel as well...I use it daily at work and at home!

Currently I just have your list bookmarked for my own reference, while I have the picture one saved for theirs. Yours works just fine for my needs.

I just hope I/we can keep up with all the new figures or have more people helping to contribute to it. Because full time school and part time work keeps me busy and on my toes and I don't doubt that I'll miss something on my own.

Edit: I also feel that looking them up later would be a waste of time if I just did it all now because it might be easier for some people to see pictures to check off their lists instead of just names when littler kids might not remember what series each figure they have is from.

Edited by Talentha

I'll definitely keep mine and your's up-to-date and I'll send you a message on here if I update anything (unless you want to send me your email address)...About the only thing that I can confirm is coming out is the Scorpion Battle Pack that caseyrodeo13 mentioned. Gamestop's website says 1 Jan 2013, but the associate at Gamestop that I talked to says that's when it'll be available to "Gamestop"...not when they will actually have it on their shelves...

is thump back out or no? i can't find him anywhere. any idea when the new wave 3 is going to hit, these stores don't know crap. also i found a whirlwind and zook unpainted in the stores, quickly snagged them up. anybody else seeing any unpainted skylanders? any idea how much they are worth? do you think acclaim did it intentionally or just errors?

They are the rock variants and so far are the only two that are available. I have seen them on sale on ebay for anywhere around $200. They are very rare and if you see' em scoop it up.

Well early this morning I unpacked several boxes of giants at TRU....put up around 20 Hot Heads...nothing else to really report....Im still waiting to see what were gunna receive by the 3rd of December, that's the rumored date for the next release for wave 3. Thats what I hear any way.

No thumpback as of yet, I cant wait to pick up wave 3, hopefully it will be soon.

TRU has been like a zoo since Thanksgiving nite, we put out all the exclusive stealth elfs and have sold alot of them....we still have tons available. I was hoping our shelves would empty totally out because we do have cases upon cases in our security cage area, these cases have street dates on them but I cant get into the security room to check them out. So Im hoping that we can move more of them out and make space for the new waves that are coming out. Im excited but not too excited because Ive got to unload the 18 wheel trailers.....lots of fun but very tireism....any way happy hunting to all.

Oh yes there are variants out there, They are rare and they are not considered errors, kind of "chill' with the red lips vs the blue lips. I have both so Im just glad I noticed when putting them out of the difference between the two characters.....

Wondering if CaseyRodeo has any information on whether or not you have any updated information. I would think that it is a couple of days before the 7-10th and that maybe you would have seen something in the unloading of Trucks or any information.

Well the only news I have heard as of lately is of the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack which GameStop is selling Pre-orders for now and includes Hot Dog and Zap along with the Scorpion Striker Catapult. I have seen the iOS Starter Packs and GameStop includes the Royal Double Trouble Variant.

I have scoured the internet and heard many rumors as to when Wave 3 is supposed to be released. I have heard the first weekend in Dec. and obviously that was wrong. I have heard rumors of 12/7 or around that weekend(No word as of yet whether true or not)? I have also heard rumors that Wave 3 has been pushed back to 2013? Nothing is confirmed as of yet except that it was not last weekend.

If you have any updated information please share with us all. Would love to see what CaseyRodeo13 has to say since they work at TRU?????

Someone was kind enough to take a look at the spreadsheet that Talentha and I have been working on and let me know of some updates to make. I made the corrections and re-uploaded the changes. Here's the updated link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0qbYq2g0RkEd182ejVqVGFIQVU

I have shared the file and set it so that anyone can edit it. If you make changes, please send me an email so that I'm aware you made a change.

Thanks in advance and hope it helps. Also, Talentha has created a webpage for the Skylanders figures and we are working to get the characters input.

As jgotcher mentioned before, I've started a website with all of the figures. There's still about a dozen more series 2 figures to add, and the sidekicks, but I'll do those tomorrow, I need some sleep tonight.

http://skylandersfigures.webs.com/

If you find any I'm missing let me know. I still have to add all the sidekicks, all the Chills, gill grunt, the 2 slam bams, zap, all the jet vacs, lighting rod, 2 sonic booms, and three whirlwinds

Also, http://www.skylanderscharacters.com/character.asp?n=jet-vac-blizzard

Anyone know anything about that one? I found another site that said it wasn't actually a figure, but I still haven't been able to make heads or tails out of it.

Update.....no new single packs. Received a new triple pack, but all the characters are available now or were available for the 2nd wave characters.....double trouble, flash wing, and stump smash....

I figure that things should start turning up pretty quickly within the next week or so. Xmas is right around the corner I believe that activision is gunna make us go nuts with the new releases....our shelves TRU are pretty okay, but we do have room for more or we will make more room if needed. Activision is finally starting to unload alot of last years first series characters. Ive already got them all and then some...lol...

Ive picked up a couple a of varients for series 2 of this year Im just trying to keep things rollin and keeping things fresh. I prefer the giants over the standard size character but I do have a favorite and of course it's flashwing shes amazing on the ice, no doubt........any way when things start to poppin at work I promise I'll keep everyone posted.....Thanks......