Games that you don't like.. but wish you did!

Power House Alv

World War II games, because they have been done to death. I never knew there would be hundreds of games... for a conflict that lasted 6 years. The Allies won. Can't we be done with it?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that WWII games are bad. In fact, some like Call of Duty 2 and Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are actually really good. It's just the source material being repeatedly used that bothers me. Some games like Turning Point try something different with mixed results. Either find a different historic war or make one up. Because if I have to pick up one more M1 Garand, I'm going to go crazy.

I'm also noticing this trend with modern war shooters, but those I actually like. I prefer an M-16 over an M1 any day.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World War II games, because they have been done to death. I never knew there would be hundreds of games... for a conflict that lasted 6 years. The Allies won. Can't we be done with it?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that WWII games are bad. In fact, some like Call of Duty 2 and Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are actually really good. It's just the source material being repeatedly used that bothers me. Some games like Turning Point try something different with mixed results. Either find a different historic war or make one up. Because if I have to pick up one more M1 Garand, I'm going to go crazy.

I'm also noticing this trend with modern war shooters, but those I actually like. I prefer an M-16 over an M1 any day.

They were done to death but it's been a few years since we've had one that stood out. I'm just as sick of modern military games now as I was of WWII games back in 2008. I'd personally love for Call of Duty or even Battlefield (similar to their Vietnam expansion) to go back to WWII. It might be pretty awesome to storm the beach on the next-gen console and do it in all it's glory.

Are you a necromancer or something?

What the hell is that ?

No what I was saying I said the same thing about ACI when it first came out. I couldnt get into it at all. It was confusing and repeatitive After I killed the Doctor Of Acre I was like ''What now'' never could figiure it out. Gave up on it. So I played II and Brotherhood to get back into the series and they helped me. Then I was like well revelations will have ALtair in it so I need to go back to ACI now. I did this to get pumped for Revelations. I figiured out in ACI go to a high point and sync to move forward after the Doctor kill. Do in each city atleast once.

Did 4 playthroughs already Of AC I :) :woop: (Cause it wasn't showing up on the map on were to go next)

II and Brotherhood had better gameplay,free roaming,less repeativeness,and story telling then 1. So playing those first will help you get into the series like it did for me.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

She's pointing out that you are constantly bumping years old threads which most users of the site don't like one bit. As in this one you ressurected from November of last year.

Terrible reasoning to that statement... :confused: Sorry but I'd like to voice my opnion on a ''never ending subject''

RAGE ... just dont want to go near the loading times and the 3 discs ... *shudder* ..

the game itself seems great just seems impossible to get into with loading.

Only have RAGE half complete for the exact same reason.

Well for me it's as follows -

HALO: Played the first one and just didn't like it because I'm not a fan of alien shooters. I would like to get into the series because I've seen mates of mine playing the multiplayer and it looks very fun.

FALLOUT 3: I'm not a huge fan of RPGs to begin with but I gave this a go, but to be honest it gave me such a headache.. Oh my god the endless conversations and the wandering around for countless hours trying to discover at least one place. I also didn't like the shooting aspect, the graphics looked crap.

I've gotta go with Gears Of Wars, the game it's self just doesn't do anything towards me. Neither do I enjoy playing the game, just can't get into it for some reason.

Guess, I'll give it another go once I have Xbox Live.