Detailed Treasure Guide

RaZeDieFox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but sadly am starting story mode again because I forgot the ones I don't have.:confused: I hate the fact that it gives you no insight as to what treasures you're missing.:( :uzi:

Go into your weapon screen and then into upgrade skills and press "Y" to view a list of which treasures you have already obtained.

Ill add that to my first post so others know this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Battle of Wu Zhang Plains-

For the gate event, the best way to trigger it is to defeat all generals and sorcerers south of the gate. This includes the west side (Sima Yi & co), central (Orochi's generals) and east side (Masamune Date & co). Once all of these generals are defeated, Taigong Wong will teleport to the gate and start the event.

Also, instead of using a horse (this can go for all timed events), use Sun Wukong. He walks faster than most horses can run.

I got the treasure first try using this method, after attempting it about 20 times using the method above. The key is defeating all generals south of the gate as quickly as possible so that the event triggers quickly.

6. Battle of Odani Castle-

Treasure Criteria: Spoil all of Da Ji’s plan’s and defeat Da Ji.

Difficulty: **

Treasure Acquired: Aventurine

• Hold off on defeating Da Ji for a moment, and let the game catch up. Once it does, Himiko will appear and make her way to the escape point. Once that happens defeat Da Ji and gather the treasure before heading to defeat Himiko.

I've done this one multiple times and I still have yet to have the treasure appear after defeating Da Ji. I've let Himiko go all the way to the Ally base and then defeated Da Ji and it doesn't do anything. I was using Lu Bu, Guan Yu, and Orochi.

Any ideas as to why the treasure isn't showing up?

I've done this one multiple times and I still have yet to have the treasure appear after defeating Da Ji. I've let Himiko go all the way to the Ally base and then defeated Da Ji and it doesn't do anything. I was using Lu Bu, Guan Yu, and Orochi.

Make sure youre killing every key enemy in Da Ji's ambushes. (i.e. Miscreants, Brigands, etc etc). I did this once where an ally killed one and I didnt get the treasure, the next try I killed em all, and I got the treasure. Just run ahead of all your allies to be certain you get the kills when the ambushes appear.

**Guide Update**

1. Adjustment to Shu Mission 8 Battle of Wu Zhang Plains.

• Defeating all officers and sorcerers south of the gate will teleport Taigong to the gate and he will trigger rolling rock event.

Thanks to Shadow Kisuragi for pointing this out.

Edited by RaZeDieFox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got all treasures (yay!) , am about halfway through dream mode stages.

Most dream mode stages are ridiculously easy if you use the most beefed up character of the three you get or beef up one character with the experience you got from the last stage;)

Just a hint there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem with the Battle of Odani Castle, so I checked another guide, and found out that there's a time-limit! And a fairly tight one at that. So you not only have to do all of the above, you have to do it QUICKLY. Ignore the enemy-spewing Gates, and any officers you're not specifically forced to fight, and use pausing to skip through long conversations quickly - that is, once an officer starts talking, hit Start and wait for them to finish, then hit start to return to the game - you save precious seconds that way, since there's a LOT of long-winded chatter in this mission. (And, of course, use Sun Wukong for his stupidly-high movement-speed. You might want to switch to someone else when fighting officers, though, since he has a lot of cooldown after most of his moves - or, alternately, get used to using jump-canceling.

(Oh, and you don't have to let Himiko get anywhere - she just has to have spawned before you kill Da Ji. Again, pausing is your friend...)

The guide I read said that you had to take down the last Sorcerer, and then Da Ji, within 7 minutes. I managed it in just under 8, and still got the treasure, though, so I suspect that 8 is the cutoff.

Should probably update the list with it.

Edited by BlackDragon

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

mmmh - ive got a problem with

8. Battle of Guan Du-

Treasure Criteria: Seize the frontlines and carry out the ambush within 9 minutes of the start of the battle, afterwards defeat Himiko within 1 minute 40 seconds of her appearance.

i capured the garrisons and killed himiko within 9 mins (and himiko on sight as she was appearing) and still i couldn't find the treasure can someone specify the location ... ive done this 5 times in the row now and it sucks that i couldn't find it.

- oh and to make himiko appear you only need to kill masamune date (inside the first castle), keiji maeda (outside of the last garrison on the way to help nagahide niwa) and sima yi (in the middle of the map on the way back to the south) and if the 3 garrisons are captured, himiko will appear the most southern spawnpoint - if your fast enough you catch her when shes appearing.

EDIT.

done - found a good vid on youtube for this mission.

by the way good guide- got all treasures so far.

Edited by Quidac

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I had the same problem with the Battle of Odani Castle, so I checked another guide, and found out that there's a time-limit! And a fairly tight one at that. So you not only have to do all of the above, you have to do it QUICKLY. Ignore the enemy-spewing Gates, and any officers you're not specifically forced to fight, and use pausing to skip through long conversations quickly - that is, once an officer starts talking, hit Start and wait for them to finish, then hit start to return to the game - you save precious seconds that way, since there's a LOT of long-winded chatter in this mission. (And, of course, use Sun Wukong for his stupidly-high movement-speed. You might want to switch to someone else when fighting officers, though, since he has a lot of cooldown after most of his moves - or, alternately, get used to using jump-canceling.

(Oh, and you don't have to let Himiko get anywhere - she just has to have spawned before you kill Da Ji. Again, pausing is your friend...)

The guide I read said that you had to take down the last Sorcerer, and then Da Ji, within 7 minutes. I managed it in just under 8, and still got the treasure, though, so I suspect that 8 is the cutoff.

Should probably update the list with it.

Didn't realise that, wasn't really paying attention to time when I got this treasure, was killing everything pretty fast anyway. :woop: Thanks for the warning though.

EDIT:Realised I haven't mentioned this yet, but thanks to RaZeDieFox for making this brilliant guide :woop: and helping pretty much tons of people get the acquire all treasures achievement.

Just a quick note: have you made any more guides other than this one? Just wondering.

Edited by Geckyy

Realised I haven't mentioned this yet, but thanks to RaZeDieFox for making this brilliant guide :woop: and helping pretty much tons of people get the acquire all treasures achievement.

Just a quick note: have you made any more guides other than this one? Just wondering.

Thanks bro, appreciate it :). Thanks to you as well for the helpful input you put in as well.

But anyways, nah this is pretty much the only one Ive made, most of the time I dont play games quick enough after they come out to make any guides before someone else does. With this game, I didnt like any guides around the net, so I made this guide. Replaying every treasure scenario, pausing to write down key enemies, times etc etc.

If they come out with Orochi 3, which I doubt unfortunately :(, Ill probably make some sort of guide for that if need be.

Edited by RaZeDieFox

• 1 year later...
Thanks bro, appreciate it :). Thanks to you as well for the helpful input you put in as well.

But anyways, nah this is pretty much the only one Ive made, most of the time I dont play games quick enough after they come out to make any guides before someone else does. With this game, I didnt like any guides around the net, so I made this guide. Replaying every treasure scenario, pausing to write down key enemies, times etc etc.

If they come out with Orochi 3, which I doubt unfortunately :(, Ill probably make some sort of guide for that if need be.

Speaking of Orochi 3..... ;)