Enslaved sequel still possible

I recently came across this interview on gamasutra with tameem (from ninja theory) and this quesion was asked:

When I talked to you when you were doing Enslaved, you said that was right when you just became a two project studio, right? And obviously you have Devil May Cry going. Do you have another project going?

TA: Actually, we were hoping that it would be the Enslaved sequel... I wouldn't say it's not happening -- because you never say never -- but it's not started. We're not progressing on that. So for now we're going to focus on Devil May Cry. Everyone's full attention is on that game, and we've got one eye looking to the future on our second project, which we will need to start in the next few months.

This interview happened in october last year (two weeks after the same guy said an enslaved sequel wouldn't happen) and they have yet to reveal work on a second project and since talk on enslaved hasn't happened this year- maybe they are secretly working on a sequel but probably unlikely. Anyway here is the link to the interview http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134871/watch_as_it_all_evolves_tameem_.php?page=2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I should also point out that Namco Bandai (the publisher) own the rights to the game, so it is their decision to make a sequel or not, but the good news is that they have been hinting at a sequel and even stated that they are looking at ways of creating a sequel http://fronttowardsgamer.com/2011/07/21/namco-bandi-hints-at-enslaved-sequel/. Anyway i think there will eventually be a sequel (but might not happen for a couple of years- sorta like beyond good and evil), because it got a metacritic score of 82 and according to vgchartz it has reached around a million copies sold.

This game was amazing and it was sad to see it go to far under many peoples radar. This maybe the main reason NT are a little hesitant on making a new one.

I hope they decide on a sequel because it'll be a day one buy for me without a doubt! Such an underrated game and one everyone should play!

This game was amazing and it was sad to see it go to far under many peoples radar. This maybe the main reason NT are a little hesitant on making a new one.

I hope they decide on a sequel because it'll be a day one buy for me without a doubt! Such an underrated game and one everyone should play!

No, it wasn't another underrated game. The gameplay itself was one of the most forgiving i've seen. Not to mention the mess of a story which they took from a better book.

The only redeeming thing would be the actor of characters like Trip.

PS: The exact same mistakes seems to be done with Heavenly Sword and DmC.

• 2 weeks later...

Mess of a story? the story in this game was better than at least 75% of all other games and it didn't rely on cheesy plot twists to carry the story, it relied on the characters and their emotions which was done better than say the mass effect series (not hating mass effect just saying my opinion). Anyway the combat wasn't that forgiving especially if you don't upgrade monkey only the platforming was and that is fine with me since it fitted well with the short and sweet cinematic experience.

Edited by mickessendon

• 3 months later...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399589/ninja-theory-teases-exciting-announcement-soon/

Well Ninja Theory will be announcing something soon. It could be a sequel to Enslaved or one of their other games or it could be a new title. Either way I hope it is a sequel to Enslaved especially after bioshock infinite reminded me of the game (the unique setting, the character relationship between booker and Elizabeth just like monkey and trip)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399589/ninja-theory-teases-exciting-announcement-soon/

Well Ninja Theory will be announcing something soon. It could be a sequel to Enslaved or one of their other games or it could be a new title. Either way I hope it is a sequel to Enslaved especially after bioshock infinite reminded me of the game (the unique setting, the character relationship between booker and Elizabeth just like monkey and trip)

This should be interesting! I'm hoping it would be a sequel to Enslaved, but I'll be excited if it's something entirely new as well! :)

• 1 year later...