Glitches and Work Arounds

Chas Hodges

Compiling info from other threads, I've found a way to make popping glitched achievements much easier.

Before playing the Wally/Waldo stage of the final world, exit the game (autosaving in the process) and navigate explorer to: (View hidden folders must be enabled under folder options)

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Ludia\ (Vista)

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Ludia\ (XP)

where 'XXX' is your Windows user profile.

Copy the enclosed folder called 'Waldo' and paste as a copy in the same directory.

Open the game again, play through 'till stage completion and then if the achievement pops, exit the game and check your Gamertag on xbox.com. If the achievement has remained carry on. If not, go back the Ludia folder in explorer and delete the 'Waldo' folder, then renaming your 'Copy of Waldo' back to 'Waldo'.

You are then free to load the game again and attempt just the stage over rather than the game.

Repeat these steps for 'The Journey Ends' kids and normal and 'Friend to the Stars' for minimal achievement woe.

(All credit for finding the save directory goes to X360a user 'Hoffer')

Has anyone actually had any achievements unlock, and display on their profile, only to have dissappeared next time the game is loaded up?

Yup, happened to me for both my kids and normal achievements. After they popped I hit home and checked to see if they were listed as complete, and they were. Then I quit the game and checked xbox.com and they were gone. I got kids back by replaying the whole game (before this kind thread with the save file location was posted), while normal I got by doing what the 1st post here tells you to do.

As for the people with problems on the 180 stars achievement, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try backing up your file before getting the last star(s) and reloading the backup if the achievement doesn't stick around? (I did this, but I didn't need to reload as mine stayed unlocked.) If you didn't back it up before hand, you'll probably have to replay normal from the beginning. :(

The problem I have is that the 180 stars achievement unlocks on my GFWL profile but doesn't move over to my xbox.com profile. So I play another GFWL title and unlock an achievement and return back to Wally and the 40GS just disappears all together. Totally confused with this game :confused:

• 4 months later...

i had 2 achievements that didnt pop for me when i knew i had them, i did what the OP said to, and after 1 more star i got the achievement for Completing the game on kids and find 20 Waldo's.

Then i had no trouble getting the complete the game on normal and 180 stars achievement.

+++++

• 2 months later...

I had a problem with the kids completion (still need to do normal). It popped and disapeared again. Also in GFWL. I then got another achievement in another game on my xbox and tried waldo again with no succes. Achievements was still not there. Tried a few more challenges in kids (where I did not score 5 stars). Still nothing.

Then I logged into another xbox achievement related site just for fun to see my latest achievements and if my buddies scored any lately. Surprisingly I saw my missing Waldo achievement there!

Then I checked back in GFWL as well as my xbox live and it was there on both.

Very strange and glitchy but I am glad I got it hehe

• 3 weeks later...
i have all the achies unlocked on gwl, and the points add up, but my last achie, kid playthrough wont transfer to my xbox.com gamertag. i did not read this forums b4 i started,so am i screwed now?
no you're not screwed but you have to start the game once again from the begining or keep playing last level untill your achievement unlock (this method doesn't work everytime), it's safer to restart the game and use the tips from this thread.

no you're not screwed but you have to start the game once again from the begining or keep playing last level untill your achievement unlock (this method doesn't work everytime), it's safer to restart the game and use the tips from this thread.

so the achievement will "pop" again in game? it registers in my game already.

I got the achievement for beating the game on Kids difficulty by deleting my old save and playing through again.

I did the Tinker thing to try and fix the 180 star achievement, but now the achievement pops when I load the game and after I beat any level. Problem is that the achievement leaves my gamercard after 3-5 seconds.

• 4 months later...

"The Journey Ends (Kids)" was glitched for me; redoing the level and earning 5 stars fixed that. Didn't need to do anything with save files.

"There He Is!" was also glitched for me; after two complete playthroughs (Kids and Normal) it still hadn't unlocked. Or maybe it only counts times found on a single save file? Replaying the beginning of the first couple of levels a few times (use Woof, find Waldo, return to Worlds, ie not playing entire level) unlocked it for me though.

• 1 month later...