Mini-kit achievement glitched

Just an FYI if someone stumbles on this thread or if someone is still having trouble. My first run through (using save and quit) glitched on me and I never got the achievement. I started a second run through (completing each free play to the end), but I copied my save file before I got the last 10 minikits. The achievement still glitched on me. I restored my save file (10 minikits to go) and cleared my HD's cache. replayed the last level, and the achievement popped as I collected the last minikit. It may not be an actual fix to the problem, but its worth a try if anyone is having a problem.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This achievement is weird. I went back into Free Play just to get the minikits (and the novelty cars), and 95% of the time I just saved and quit after I had gotten the last one. Only a few did I complete the level. I got the achievement no problem when I was supposed to.

I really do think that it's an individual console thing and not a disc thing. It couldn't be a disc thing, because if it was, it would happen to everyone. I have never glitched a Lego game ever, nor has one ever frozen on me while playing. My brother-in-law has had it freeze on him before (namely SW: TCS, Indy 2 and Harry Potter), but never me. I guess I've been lucky. Other games have frozen, but those were just random system freezes, not because of the game. It sucks that so many of you are having this problem. I was worried it would happen to me, then when I was going for my last one (on Ryloth), I got a little tense and expected it not to unlock. I was relieved when it did.

I'm not bragging by any means that I got the achievement. I just wanted to share that when I saved and quit I still got it. And given TT's track record, I don't think they are going to release a patch to fix this. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you pick up even one minikit, character, anything while in co-op and it's picked up by players 2, it does not allow you to earn the achievement and thus must be re done on a different save in single player in order to earn the achievement. Sucks, but that is the case.

I heard that someone got them all alone and still didn't get it. This achievement is just picky.

Anyone tried replaying all the 100%ed levels to their end? I'm in the process if seeing if that works to unlock it seeing if it has something to do with the "Save & Exit" option.

UPDATE: I Replayed beatall 18 levels Prologue, Epilogue & the secret stages in Story Mode. NOTHING no Achievement.

The only thing I can think of that I did, that would have instigated the Minikit Glitch would be that I used 2 controllers to get "They'll never see us coming: Win 3 consecutive Arcade Mode Battles" BEFORE I got all the minikits.

1. I never had 2 players playing in any of the story/freeplay Levels.

2. I never had more than my Profile signed in when I played Arcade mode to unlock "They'll never see us coming".

So I guess if you want to get the minikit achievement DONT use 2 controllers until the very last cheevo.

As for me looks like I'll be starting a new save... DAMN IT!

Edited by Vulger Spartan

Anyone tried replaying all the 100%ed levels to their end? I'm in the process if seeing if that works to unlock it seeing if it has something to do with the "Save & Exit" option.

UPDATE: I Replayed beatall 18 levels Prologue, Epilogue & the secret stages in Story Mode. NOTHING no Achievement.

The only thing I can think of that I did, that would have instigated the Minikit Glitch would be that I used 2 controllers to get "They'll never see us coming: Win 3 consecutive Arcade Mode Battles" BEFORE I got all the minikits.

1. I never had 2 players playing in any of the story/freeplay Levels.

2. I never had more than my Profile signed in when I played Arcade mode to unlock "They'll never see us coming".

So I guess if you want to get the minikit achievement DONT use 2 controllers until the very last cheevo.

As for me looks like I'll be starting a new save... DAMN IT!

I got the Arcade achievement using two controllers after I finished the Prologue and before starting the actual levels in Story mode. I also didn't sign in a second profile. That was all in my first hour of playing the game.

Also, when going for the minikits (my last achievement along with the gold bricks and 100%), I saved & quit out of about 75% of the levels, not finishing them. I think I only completely finished maybe 5 or 6 levels to the end. The minikit achievement unlocked no problem for me.

So there goes your theory ;)

The minikit achievement glitched for me on my first game and after reading posts about it on here on ways to getting it i thought i would play the second game differently to the first and WOW! The achievement popped. It could just be one of those things, but here is what i done differently.

1. Saved my game on the number 2 slot

2. Played all story mode before getting the 2 unlockable ones from invisible hand.

3. Used cheat codes to get appropriate characters to do freeplay

4. Played the 2 unlockable plus Zillo beast story modes

5. Played all freeplay modes and then the 2 unlockable ones followed by Zillo beast

The achievement popped exactly the time i picked up the very last minikit on Zillo beast.

In my first game i brought the minikit characters as they were being built and used the save and exit option, so maybe not buying them as well as play each level to the end might stop the glitch from happening. It would be nice to have this confirmed if anyone can.

Edited by Fatedknight

• 2 weeks later...
I got the Arcade achievement using two controllers after I finished the Prologue and before starting the actual levels in Story mode. I also didn't sign in a second profile. That was all in my first hour of playing the game.

Also, when going for the minikits (my last achievement along with the gold bricks and 100%), I saved & quit out of about 75% of the levels, not finishing them. I think I only completely finished maybe 5 or 6 levels to the end. The minikit achievement unlocked no problem for me.

So there goes your theory ;)

I Saved & Quiet out of most of the Levels too. But it didn't unlock. I went back & Replayed all of them in story mode, still nothing. I'm just So incredibly Bi-Winning I have to start a new save & give it a 2nd college try... lol Idk it's just randomly glitchy

The minikit achievement glitched for me on my first game and after reading posts about it on here on ways to getting it i thought i would play the second game differently to the first and WOW! The achievement popped. It could just be one of those things, but here is what i done differently.

1. Saved my game on the number 2 slot

2. Played all story mode before getting the 2 unlockable ones from invisible hand.

3. Used cheat codes to get appropriate characters to do freeplay

4. Played the 2 unlockable plus Zillo beast story modes

5. Played all freeplay modes and then the 2 unlockable ones followed by Zillo beast

The achievement popped exactly the time i picked up the very last minikit on Zillo beast.

In my first game i brought the minikit characters as they were being built and used the save and exit option, so maybe not buying them as well as play each level to the end might stop the glitch from happening. It would be nice to have this confirmed if anyone can.

sounds like you mayhave found a work-around for it. I got bored & Gameflyed something else. But I might try your method once I get over the original headache of playing that shit so many times & ways lol

Edited by Vulger Spartan

hey,

Yeah i am well pissed off that another lego game has a glitched achievement and they do nothing about it!!!!

They are happy to take our money then just ignore us after that..

I am sure a patch could be made but they dont give a shit....I will never be playing another lego game again....

Some thing should be done about this, and they should have to answer to someone about it....I cant believe that they think its ok to just ignore it and ignore us..

I just can't believe the company has not addressed this at all. Won't even reply to my multiple emails/comments on their site.

hey,

Yeah i am well pissed off that another lego game has a glitched achievement and they do nothing about it!!!!

They are happy to take our money then just ignore us after that..

I am sure a patch could be made but they dont give a shit....I will never be playing another lego game again....

Some thing should be done about this, and they should have to answer to someone about it....I cant believe that they think its ok to just ignore it and ignore us..

Yeah Ive sent a handful of emails to TT myself. Really it's like Ghostbusters/Terminal Reality all over again, well... almost. it's still something the Company should Address. it's a shame really. Rockstar is great for Fixing problems & Microsoft obviously fixes its bugs but these other parties really don't care.

I have had every lego game except Harry Potter & Star Wars III (which I've Rented) because I didn't want to get caught in a glitched piece of shit, which I have this time and I'm not even going to attempt Lego Pirates & Lego Harry Potter II.

Pirates has some detrimental glitch in it. And the cheat codes are now bare minimum. (There's probably gonna be some comment about using cheats is a "Gamer Sin") but F-it if there's glitches all through the Lego adaption games, and "cheating" gets to 100% completion faster, then it's a fair trade in my book. They should have kept ALL the cheats in Lego Pirates.

running into a slightly different glitch but still has to do with minikits

I have 9/10 minikits on the level weapons factory and there are no more in the level, by this i mean that there are no arrows left from the minikit detector and i went back and did the requirements for all the canisters and nothing popped up, does anybody know anything about a way to fix the 4000th glitch i have had in these dopy fuckin lego games

I just ran through the whole game and can confirm... GLITCHED...

Didnt play one minute of two player (minus the arcade stuff) and I still didnt get it.

Thanks Travelers Tales for wasting hours of my life following the mini kit guide for nothing.

Add one more to the list of many.

I use to work as a video game tester and I must admit that this game should not have been released in it's current state. During my LONG play through to get to 1000/1000 I have had 6 crashes where I needed to restart my xbox and the collect all minikit achievement not unlocking (I'm also missing the clanker's collector and the 100% achievements but i seem to have found the last droid/2% i was missing aka the luxury droid). These are serious issues and as such should keep a game in the testing phase until they are fixed. Seriously, keep it in it's testing phase for an extra month or two until it is solid and then release it with no problems, your fans will be all the more happy with you and let's face it these companies can afford to delay it's release for the extra time as well.

And to all the people thinking "well it's a game and there are bound to be some issues with it" I agree with you, nothing is perfect, but to have the game crash 6 times in the span of 2 days, 2 of the crashes on the same level, is unacceptable.

After all that is said I must decide if it is worth playing the whole game again to get the minikit achievement as it seems some of you have gotten it by playing it again, although some of you also state it doesn't work...I suppose I'll try and let you all know the outcome of my trials.

Edited by Demon596

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. So I have some good news and some bad news for you all. The good news is that the achievement unlocked on my second playthrough, the bad news however is that it unlocked when it shouldn't have...

So really quickly I will explain what I did on my second playthrough to get this achievement so many are having problems with in hopes that it will unlock for you.

Pre-requisistes:

- Completed game on save slot 1 (Or whichever one you used).

- Collected all gold/red bricks.

- Collected all minikits (and achievement didn't pop).

- Collected all characters.

- Had a percentage of 100% completed game.

Now these stats may not have to be had or not but it is what I had when I finished playthrough 1 on save slot 1.

Start of playthrough 2:

- Start a brand new playthrough on save slot 2.

- Enter in the cheat codes to unlock characters for the free play levels to collect minikits (A dark jedi, a bounty hunter, an astromech droid, jar jar, MagnaGuard or Robonino, a rapid firer, a protocol droid, a tiny guy, a bad guy ship and a missile ship). Also to make things easier you may enter other cheats to make the levels and freeplay levels go quicker such as invincibility and what not, it's up to you.

- Next choose a level and complete it on story mode without collecting any mini kits.

- Right after the level is complete, play the same level in freeplay mode. Since you have used the cheats to unlock all necessary characters/ships to collect minikits now is the time to do so.

*NOTE* - This may or may not be important I'm not sure but when going for the minikits that require multiple items to be destroyed or collected such as rocks and what not, try to destroy all the items in that group before moving onto another group of items i.e if you need to destroy 10 rocks and 5 trees in one level, go for the rocks first and then the trees or vice versa.

- Complete the level to the end, do not, I repeat DO NOT exit and save to complete the level. I have read multiple posts saying you can and the achievement will unlock but the extra minutes (yes minutes, the levels aren't long) will not hurt you and may be the difference in either getting the achievement or not.

*NOTE* - If you are about to finish a level and realize you have not collected all ten minikits within that level just exit WITHOUT saving and start again. Once again I cannot confirm if this is crucial or not for the achievement to unlock but are you really willing to risk it on one missed minikit? It's up to you.

- When the end level stats screen comes up it is okay to skip past the screens that have nothing to do with the minikits stats. Once the minikits stats screen appears let them count up one after the other until all ten are accounted for and your new character explodes into blue studs :D.

- Rinse and repeat until all levels are completed.

Now in my case my achievement popped when I was playing my last level The Castle of Doom during my freeplay run. After I had collected my first minikit in that level the achievement popped soon after. I still collected the remaining nine and finished the level.

So who knows when it will unlock for you but hopefully by following this mini guide you should be able to finish off this game and add another 1000/1000 lego game to your gamer card. Best of luck to all who still need this elusive bugger and hope this helps.

Thanks for the in-depth post Demon. I haven't gotten this game yet for fear of this not unlocking, but at least you've given me a ray of hope. I suppose it's foolish at this point to wonder whether or not they'll patch it, since they clearly don't care enough to do so (or so it seems).

Glad to see that mini guide is helping some of you :)

To AHT x Leader If it glitches on your first and only play through, id say thats normal. Chances for a patch seems rare as you said only due to the fact that the achievement is unlocking for most, even if the player needs to do another play through to get it... Try my guide on this page and see if it works for you. Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster.

I too was glitched on this achievement. So I did what Demon said, started over. I have a 360s and saved the new game to my console memory, used codes to unlock characters, and did free play after every level. It popped as I got the last kit on Zillo beast. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but this time I did not do the hidden levels on the Invisible Hand. I did all of the Republic missions first. So just another wrench to throw in the system if you still have issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just checking the old posts and glad to see this is still helping a lot of people and thanks for the thank posts people have left, makes me wonder if writing helpful posts are all responded to this well :p.

Us fellow achievement hunters gotta watch out for one and another :D

Good luck to all still tackling this tricky one.