Achievement Guide/Roadmap

The Stray

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I really cannot figure out what I am doing wrong in the tutorials for drive cancels. I can't even do the first one now, I can get other drive cancels, just not the one it is asking for... I am beginning to think it is glitched or something because I have performed what is from my understanding to be a perfect execution several times already. I cannot move my hands any faster than they are already going through the various buttons, and when I do enter the two moves without pause nothing happens. It is as if I never even pushed anything for the second special move. So either I need to try a different controller or I am really missing something here

Edited by Tyranid Slayer

Tyranid if you're playing through the tutorial and having troubles with the very first drive cancel with Kyo, fear not, I did as well. That is until I figured out a few tricks. You don't actually have to enter in the entire motion for Kyo's second move. The tutorial tells you to perform the following...

f/d/df+P (DC) qcf+K

Thing is, once Kyo makes his first hit, or basically immediately after entering the dp+P, press a kick button. This will perform the correct drive cancel. No need to enter any motions whatsoever.

If you're available online, connect and I'll run over a few others with you. I've found it best to experiment because most drive cancels can be performed without entering the entire second command.

Do you guys know if I can boost the special move/cancel move achievements through player matches on Live? I'm trying to kill several birds with one stone.

Nope, it clearly states Arcade/Versus only, not Xbox Live, but I find it easier to do all of those Misc. achievements on Arcade, since your gauge always fills up quickly to do them.

Do you guys know if I can boost the special move/cancel move achievements through player matches on Live? I'm trying to kill several birds with one stone.

Thanks for the info.

I did all the super finishes and cancel achievement in versus mode, if you have two controllers, set 1p with everything max and 2p with 50% of life, and there you go.

I find this guide very useful...thanks The Stray. For the asshole that just seems to talk shit about your guide, let him smother in his own vomit for it's only bile that he seems to let spew out.

One thing for sure, you might want to add that this game would be a little (a lot) more easier with an arcade stick. I don't play many fighters on the console, but at the arcade it was great. I need to grab me one if I ever want to have fun on this game again....definitely need it for the trial mode.

Some of these achievo's are self-explanatory, but thanks for explaining the others.

Arcade sticks are pricey accessories.

A cheaper alternative is the 360 Fight Pad made by Madcatz, officially endorsed by Microsoft.

They've got "Street Fighter IV" characters on them and can be picked up for a fraction of the cost of an arcade stick.

The larger D Pad seems to suit itself well for precision input.

Az

Myself, Aizen and PRSNightfire tried a few ways to boost the 10 in a row.

Changing language on your console doesn't help, specific timing of match searching didn't help either. Its actually quite hard to get into a fight with someone on purpose, even with one person in ranked/training and the other searching for matches didn't work (with the friend on your FL or not).

In the end i went for the achievement legitly and got conned out of the 10th match.

A couple of things i can contribute though-

If you dashboard on the matchup screen (the screen that shows the connection, player names, records etc.) you definitely keep whatever streak you are on at that point. If the opponent quits during the match, you do not gain a win/loss but you still keep your streak also.

Hey everyone,

I'm having some difficulties getting the Super Cancels and Max Cancels to work properly. Does anyone have some good tips for characters I should practice with to get the timing right?

Thanks in advance.

Who are you using and what particular cancel are you trying to achieve? Is it a trial mission?