3 discs

JT Fever

You bring up a very interesting point though, I wonder if something like that would be possible if the developer wanted to implement it... perhaps not. Because I'm sure it was looked into.

Regardless though, as mentioned above, changing discs is very easy, and you get a lot of game-play out of each disc. Pretty sure the first disc lasted me about 6 hours or more, second was about the same, and last disc was perhaps a little bit less.

i know they always said there is no such thing as a dumb question...but...seriously...

Dont be a douche, thats not a dumb question. You only need the disc in the tray to prove you own it, all the data is on the hard drive, and you wouldnt own the first disc without the other three so it would make sense if you could

About to pick this game up, was just wondering can i install all 3 discs and then play without disc swap, i am thinking i must be able to install, as i dont need my 360 heating up whilst playing game.

thanks

dont think that would ever happen or techincally you could be lending your game out when u finish a disc and that doesn't fly for developers. lending games out is costing them a sale.

it takes like 5 seconds to swap a disc anyway and it doesn't even take you to dashboard anyway and in no way spoils the flow

multi-discs ftw

thanks for all responses including the 1 which thinks i am dumb,lol what are forums for?

my concern is not the getting up to change disc, it was the thought of dvd drive working up some heat, .

just picked it up now and will install discs individually.

But on this subject of extra discs, fallout 3 GOTY edition i was able to install second disc and just boot from first, thus was able to lend it to a friend for them to install, guess that is slightly different but.....anyway

thanks again

thanks for all responses including the 1 which thinks i am dumb,lol what are forums for?

my concern is not the getting up to change disc, it was the thought of dvd drive working up some heat, .

just picked it up now and will install discs individually.

But on this subject of extra discs, fallout 3 GOTY edition i was able to install second disc and just boot from first, thus was able to lend it to a friend for them to install, guess that is slightly different but.....anyway

thanks again

With the FO3: GOTY the second disc was just the DLC on a disc so of course you wouldn't need it after installing. With games like ME2, FF 13, LA Noire etc...The extra discs are actual retail content so they want to make sure you have each disc in...I understand where you are coming from in your questions/arguements but comparing FO3: GOTY (and any other special edition game release that puts DLC on disc) to LA Noire (and other games that come, initial retail with multiple discs) is comparing apples to oranges.

With the FO3: GOTY the second disc was just the DLC on a disc so of course you wouldn't need it after installing. With games like ME2, FF 13, LA Noire etc...The extra discs are actual retail content so they want to make sure you have each disc in...I understand where you are coming from in your questions/arguements but comparing FO3: GOTY (and any other special edition game release that puts DLC on disc) to LA Noire (and other games that come, initial retail with multiple discs) is comparing apples to oranges.

Its still a valid point, obviously DLC is a different scenario compared to an actual game but Forza 2's Platinum version came with all the DLC (or at least all the DLC up until its point of release) which originally cost around $20 bucks (which is more than the game costs used (I got it for $8) at this point), yet all you need is to install the DLC and provide the main game and you get it for no additional cost. Of course in that scenario you can't play the DLC unless you have the game disc whereas you could still play part of the game with with one of the three discs. Even if you made it a requirement to use Disc 1 your friend(s) could still be playing discs 2 and 3 once they've finished disc 1.

What does it matter? How far away is your console? I though it felt kinda cool. I haven't had to get up and switch discs since final fantasy ps1

it's a shame that you seemed to of missed Lost Odyssey then if you are a fan of Final Fantasy,LO is probably the best RPG this gen,and it has 4 discs

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R:-the coolness about switching discs,at least when PS1 FF games were about was the feel of progression when changing to disc 2,for me its the same with all RPGs with more than 1 disc,i can't however say i have the same feeling with L.A.Noire...it killed me that i spent just 6 hrs and did the street crimes as well and then got asked to go to disc 2

• 10 months later...
All you have to do is make disc 1 the play disc and discs 2 and 3 content discs and that way you couldn't lend it out, because only 1 disc is playable. The only down side then is for people with only the 4 gig system, they get kind of screwed.

And thats exactly why it wouldn't happen.

my concern is not the getting up to change disc, it was the thought of dvd drive working up some heat.

Then you have no concern, the only reason the disc needs to be in the drive once installed is to confirm you own it, once the game is running everything is run from the hard drive and the disc remains idle.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...