How to start the DLC

one84

I hear ya, was kinda pissed off to hear they added a new difficulty 14 months after the game came out and added an achievement for it. I would have been happy to load up the game again and play thru the DLC story, but I'm not happy I have to play the entire story again after already having played it twice. This is bullshit, and a bad call on their part. Fuck id software for being stupid.

I hear ya, was kinda pissed off to hear they added a new difficulty 14 months after the game came out and added an achievement for it. I would have been happy to load up the game again and play thru the DLC story, but I'm not happy I have to play the entire story again after already having played it twice. This is bullshit, and a bad call on their part. Fuck id software for being stupid.

I couldn't agree more. WTF is wrong with them making us play through the entire game again at this point? It's just so dumb to add that kind of an achievement this long after the game came out. Hopefully we can just fly through the main storyline and be done with it. This game doesn't have NG+ though to my knowledge. So that is a massive fail on Id's part. It would have been fun to run through with the BFG and ultra wingsticks on UN. It could have been far worse than this though honestly. They could have added a slew of new multiplayer achievements to the list. I would have completely passed on the DLC all together if that were the case. The MP in this game is absolute garbage. I never want to play it again.

I'll get this at some point to maintain my completion on it. But I'm in no hurry. There are far too many other great games out right now. And the first quarter of next year is going to be flooded with quality releases. At least the DLC is cheap at $5. That's one positive. A weird negative I just noticed is that the content is over 2 gigs in size. That's a huge download. I hope it's warranted because of a large amount of content being present. The graphics in this game are pretty impressive. And it has really detailed textures. So I'm sure that added to it too. Another massive negative is they added even more fucking luck based mini game achievements. Screw whoever comes up with these bullshit decisions. As if the idiotic five finger fillet one wasn't bad enough already. That's one of my most hated achievements I've ever gotten since it took so long and was completely luck based.

Five finger filet wasn't the luck based game it was the reaction game, the tombstone one was luck based and took me about 3 hours to get. Any achievement that relies on die is a terrible achievement indeed like the one in the Witcher 2, that one cost me about 2 days and my sanity.

I actually got really lucky on the Poker achievement in the Witcher 2. I think it only took me about 10 minutes to get. I agree with you that you have to have good reaction times to beat five finger fillet on round five. That's absolutely true. But I'd say that you definitely need to get lucky that the game doesn't screw you by giving you a pattern with weird timing. I've gotten some that were nearly impossible to do. Finally I got one that was spaced far enough apart to where I could actually react. But I had plenty of attempts where there were 3 or 4 back to back with a millisecond reaction window. I didn't have a hope of ever doing that. That's just the way I look at it. Since it's random there is an aspect of luck to it. I guess it's all in how you look at it. :)

• 2 weeks later...